SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-05-2003, 01:41 PM
SageTV Co-Founder

Thanks for the clarification. For of all I'd like to say that we've fully integrated the setup of the Actisys IR-200L into SageTV. When you use an IR-200L with SageTV, don't install any of their software or drivers. Just connect the Actisys and perform the setup through SageTV's Setup Wizard. How we use and integrate the IR-200L is very different than our competitor's so I wouldn't use them as a base for difficulty.

With that said, I'm using the IR-200L with a DCT-2000 box. I've attached a picture of the positioning of the IR-200L in relation to my box. In this position, the IR-200L makes 99.9% of all channel changes. I have the Inter-button delay set at 600 and the Inter-sequence delay set at 1,000 accessible in Detailed Setup. I believe these are the default settings.

I didn't have to modify the .ir file for the DCT-2000 since Jeff and I both have the same box, the DCT-2000 codes come pre-programmed with SageTV. You may have to "reprogram" a number but I wouldn't mess with changing the file.

Hope that helps,
Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ir setup 001.jpg (21.2 KB, 343 views)
Old 06-05-2003, 08:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Success!

I have a General Instrument CFT2000, which I realized was made by motorola a while ago. But I always trained it myself, because I didn't see that exact name on the device list in Sage...

After your last message, it clicked that it would probably be ir-compatible with the MotorolaDFT2000

It is- and it appears to be super-reliable now.

Whew! Thanks for hanging in there with me on this.
Old 06-06-2003, 02:27 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the info, it's put a lot of my fears to rest!
Old 06-06-2003, 08:56 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

Glad to hear it's working..
Old 06-08-2003, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dkardatzke

I'm confused on where this discussion is going. Cellarboy, there is no need for the HE remote software using the Actisys with SageTV. We integrate the use and setup of the IR-200L into SageTV and even allow you to adjust the speed at which the digits are sent to your cable box.

I'm wondering if you can control 2 or more devices with one Actisys 200L? I've used HE Remote to operate my Satellite receiver, my Cable box and a few other things. Its low output is its greatest weakness. Currently I use HE Remote and the PC to IR Linc to operate devices from across the room and the Actisys for short range stuff.

Oh and if your able to train the ActiSys to operate devices that others can not then you must have made a few changes. There are devices that the standard version doesn't seem to be able to learn the codes from properly. I've thought of a few fixes but I'm not telling.

I've just finished a new driver to connect HE Remote to one of those other guys products. They just didn't seem to be able to work it all out. Hopefully I didn't screw it up. I've had some health problems lately and the meds are a bit of a problem.

by the way.... HE Remote is now on sale at 50% off..... lets see $0.00/2 equals...... $0.00! wow!

Bob