SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigo93bronco View Post
Trying to setup the new server, but I keep getting the error: "There was a problem connecting to the Schedules Direct server". Any ideas
I think that was what I saw on one of my SageTV setups and found that I had an error in my Uname/Pwd on that machines SageTV setup. I don't recall if it was a typo, or caps/lowercase issue.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

If you use the on-screen keypad or the remote your password will be sent in ALL CAPS and Schedules Direct will reject it.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotheDVDeed View Post
If you use the on-screen keypad or the remote your password will be sent in ALL CAPS and Schedules Direct will reject it.
If you use the remote you can toggle between all caps, all lower anywhere in your entry using the "ABC123" key just to the right of the zero. It will cycle through all caps, all lower, and direct entry. Just keep tapping it until you get to upper or lower case as needed. That "might" also depend on your entry method set in detailed settings. I don't recall, mine has been set so long.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
After you upgrade, if you want to refresh all of the EPG data, delete sdmd5prog and sdmd5shed, then force an update. This will re-download all of the shows and bring back all of the teams. Otherwise you'll be a little spotty for a few weeks while the guide data is gradually updated.
I "finally" dumped WHS V1 (aka 2003) due to issues outside of SageTV. With the wannacry fooforah and M$ telling everyone to disable SMB V1 my WHS machine went to heck since I then lost almost all communication with other machines. WHS could only do SMB V1 and no way to add SMB V2 or V3 which most other Windows versions have.

So I rebuilt the machine with an unused Win7 32 Pro disk I had. This allowed me to install the latest Windows SageTV, something I couldn't do on WHS V1. I then deleted those SD EPG files to get a complete fresh EPG.

I was looking forward to getting back my team favorites and was very surprised when I saw they still weren't there. I was just about to fire off a reply here about it, but then thought better. During multiple reboots to get everything going with the system rebuild I had used that carny limiting setting which worked great, getting me SageTV on the network in less than a minute.
Anyway, I figured since Carny was going to be slower at getting things done I decided to wait and check again in the morning. VIOLA! The team favorites ability was there again!!

Once more, kudos to you and the entire team of SageTV contributors.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:43 PM
Sage Icon

You may want to try putting that limited carny init setting back to its default - with the most recent v9, they completely rewrote that part of the code so it should be very fast now.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 06-14-2017, 02:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV log with lots of ?EPG related error messages

I'm perusing the sagetv logs for an unrelated troubleshooting issue, and I see literally tens of thousands of lines of error reports in this format:

Wed 6/14 5:41:29.410 [EPG@8d0470] ERROR Could not resolve aliased person back to original person id=358768 name=James Diehl

This AM there were 22K lines of these.

Is this log error related to how Schedules Direct EPG interacts with Sage? Is there a way to reduce the verbosity of these errors?

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient
Old 06-14-2017, 03:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo View Post
I'm perusing the sagetv logs for an unrelated troubleshooting issue, and I see literally tens of thousands of lines of error reports in this format:

Wed 6/14 5:41:29.410 [EPG@8d0470] ERROR Could not resolve aliased person back to original person id=358768 name=James Diehl

This AM there were 22K lines of these.

Is this log error related to how Schedules Direct EPG interacts with Sage? Is there a way to reduce the verbosity of these errors?
It's due to data that was available in fiber but not in open source Sage and will likely get "quieted" in future releases:

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...87&postcount=4
Old 06-15-2017, 03:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

How can you check to see the last time SD downloaded Guide data?

I just noticed that I only have 12 days worth of data. In the past, I had 21 days.
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 06-15-2017, 03:44 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post

I just noticed that I only have 12 days worth of data. In the past, I had 21 days.
I currently only have 10 days of data, FWIW.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post

Setup : System Information : Last EPG Update
HTPC: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI, I7-6700, 16GB, Windows 10 Pro x64, Hauppauge HVR-1600, WinTV-dualHD, Colossus 2, Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, Seagate 3TB, WD 3TB, 3TB, 5TB, Java v1.8.0_231, SageTVx64 v9.2.1.826, Samsung UN60EH6003F, Dish ViP222K, ViewHD 1x2 HDMI Splitter.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali View Post
Setup : System Information : Last EPG Update
Strange. I looked at that line and the last EPG Update was the current date and time, with the next EPG update in 0 minutes... If I go to main menu and then back to the System Information screen, the last Update changed to the current time... If I stay on the screen it update the last update time to reflect the current minute.

Anybody else seeing that?
Old 06-15-2017, 10:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
Strange. I looked at that line and the last EPG Update was the current date and time, with the next EPG update in 0 minutes... If I go to main menu and then back to the System Information screen, the last Update changed to the current time... If I stay on the screen it update the last update time to reflect the current minute.

Yes, mine too.

Do you still have any capture devices using the SageTV EPG server? Since it's offline, I assume the constant "0 minutes" is because that one is failing.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Yes, mine too.

Do you still have any capture devices using the SageTV EPG server? Since it's offline, I assume the constant "0 minutes" is because that one is failing.
One of the lineups I use is a copy so it doesn't explicitly say "sdepg" like the other. I'll re-create that lineup and test.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

Last EPG update: Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:49am
Next EPG update in: 28 minutes

I will see what happened later this AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:

I encountered that when I was on 9.0.13 but was resolved when I did the latest V9 then tried switching to sdepg again
Old 06-16-2017, 10:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

That is the indication that the update is currently running.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-17-2017, 11:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
That is the indication that the update is currently running.
Perhaps. But it does this EVERY time I look at the page. I can come back an hour later and it will again show the current time and 0 minutes to next update. Either it is continually updating the EPG (24x7), or something is telling this screen (and the web interface) that the EPG is updating. A problem no matter which way you look at it.

SageTV version 9.1.2.662 is running on both my servers and only one of them behaves in this manner.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Perhaps. But it does this EVERY time I look at the page. I can come back an hour later and it will again show the current time and 0 minutes to next update. Either it is continually updating the EPG (24x7), or something is telling this screen (and the web interface) that the EPG is updating. A problem no matter which way you look at it.

SageTV version 9.1.2.662 is running on both my servers and only one of them behaves in this manner.

Agree that something is up. During update says next update in 0 minutes but the time shown stays put.

When I had 2 tuners on Sage EPG and one on SD, I had the same symptoms as you with time constantly showing the current time. Once I switched all to SD some time later it cleared up, even though may data was only 11 days out. By the next day I had 20 days' worth.

Check your log file. I had tons of repeating errors from the Sage server being down that I believe we're causing this. Does your log file show any Warlock ripper activity?

Last edited by wnjj; 06-17-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Agree that something is up. During update says next update in 0 minutes but the time shown stays put.

When I had 2 tuners on Sage EPG and one on SD, I had the same symptoms as you with time constantly showing the current time. Once I switched all to SD some time later it cleared up, even though may data was only 11 days out. By the next day I had 20 days' worth.

Check your log file. I had tons of repeating errors from the Sage server being down that I believe we're causing this.

Are you still on Sage EPG with any tuners?
I'm using SDEPG and have been since June 4th when I switched over. I might just delete all tuners and the corresponding EPG and re-add them to see if this clears up.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I'm using SDEPG and have been since June 4th when I switched over. I might just delete all tuners and the corresponding EPG and re-add them to see if this clears up.
I only has 11 days of guide data. SD just updated this morning and I have data out to 7/7. It was caused by a SD problem.