SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:29 AM
SageTVaholic

QNAP ContainerStation

Has anyone set up a Docker image in the QNAP NAS? I tried loading sagetv-server-java8 and it seems like there are issues with accessing /dev/urandom or /dev/random.

I am seeing this error in the console:

Code:
Fatal Python error: getrandom() failed
Unfortunately, I am not too familiar with Docker.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Has anyone set up a Docker image in the QNAP NAS? I tried loading sagetv-server-java8 and it seems like there are issues with accessing /dev/urandom or /dev/random.

Code:
Do you have options on how you run the container? Can you set "volumes", etc... if so, you might be able to map /dev/random to /dev/random (and likewise for urandom)
Old 11-04-2016, 06:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Do you have options on how you run the container? Can you set "volumes", etc... if so, you might be able to map /dev/random to /dev/random (and likewise for urandom)
Also the unRAID docker container is set to run privileged by default which causes a lot of things under /dev to pass through by default, so I would also make sure it's running in that mode.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 11-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Sage User

I got the same error when I tried to installed the sagetv docker image on my Qnap NAS. Never could figure out a solution...went ahead and installed Linux + Docker on my old WHS mediasmart PC and the sagetv install went smoothly.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:31 AM
SageTVaholic

FWIW - coppit/sagetv-server:latest runs just fine and
stuckless/sagetv-server-java8:latest gets hung up.

Key difference is coppit starts with a shell script and stuckless starts with Python.

I'd prefer to run Stuckless but have no idea how to troubleshoot Docker, yet.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
FWIW - coppit/sagetv-server:latest runs just fine and
stuckless/sagetv-server-java8:latest gets hung up.

Key difference is coppit starts with a shell script and stuckless starts with Python.

I'd prefer to run Stuckless but have no idea how to troubleshoot Docker, yet.
They SageTV docker that I built is using the phusion base image. That image base is used because it has a formal startup process, supports runing multiple daemons, etc. It uses python to manage that (sagetv itself doesn't require it, but its the startup processing that uses it).
Old 01-04-2017, 03:23 PM

Docker in Container Station

Quote:

Code:
The best way I found to use Docker in QNAP Container Station was to first pull the included Ubuntu 16.04 docker into Container Station and then install the SageTV V9 .deb on top of that, along with the necessary Linux libraries that the SageTV install requires. In Container Station, I also set the network to HOST so my SageTV clients can see the server, and then set a mount point in the container (e.g., /var/media/tv) that points to a NAS shared file directory where I want my SageTV media files to reside. I only have a HD-Homerun that captures OTA channels, so that was easy to configure in SageTV. If you miss configuring something in Container Station for the docker and find out after you have the docker running, just export the existing docker out of Container Station and then change any configuration you want when you import the docker back into Container Station.