SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:36 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
Are you sure you provider allows more than one stream?

I have to pay per stream. If I want to tune 2 streams I have to pay for the extra connection. Otherwise your providers IPTV "Panel" will stop the old stream when you connect to a new stream.

Chris
technazz. thanks for the help. it was the provider stopping the stream, I purchased more subscriptions to fix the issue.

What are you using for your ffmpeg paramaters?

I am using

sagetv.device.100421482.streaming_executable=c\:\\\\ffmpeg\\ffmpeg.exe -i http\://192.168.192.27/iptv/?user\=&action\=tune&channel\=%c%&pool\=pool3 -b\:v 6000k -target ntsc-dvd -c\:a mp2 -ac 2 -ab 192k -ar 44100 -f mpegts -codec\:a aac -

I post process videos with MCEBuddy and I am getting conversion errors.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brbjr View Post
Here is a working config for Blue Iris:

sagetv.device.<unique_id>.consumer=opendct.consumer.RawSageTVConsumerImpl
sagetv.device.<unique_id>.custom_channels=3000
sagetv.device.<unique_id>.fast_network_encoder_switch=false
sagetv.device.<unique_id>.streaming_executable=c\:\\\\ffmpeg\\ffmpeg.exe -f lavfi -i anullsrc -i http\://username\asswword@serverip\:serverport/h264/cameraOrGroupShortName/temp.ts -f mpegts -codec\:a aac -
sagetv.device.<unique_id>.tuning_delay_ms=0

You will need to update your ffmeg path
Thanks brbjr - I haven't used OpenDCT in a while so I will check it out when I get a chance.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have been experimenting with using the following to get an iptv signal into Sagetv. Channel changing and recording seems to work ok so far. I borrowed the ffmpeg line from somewhere on this forum. Can anyone suggest a way to get ffmpeg to adapt its output according the the resolution of the source? Some channels are 1080p and others 720.

Quote:
sagetv.device.-1904230816.fast_network_encoder_switch=true
sagetv.device.-1904230816.last_channel=6033
sagetv.device.-1904230816.stopping_executable=
sagetv.device.-1904230816.streaming_executable=c\:\\\\ffmpeg\\bin\\ffmpeg.exe -i http\://192.168.1.161\:8089/devices/ANY/channels/%c%/hls/master.m3u8? -b\:v 6000k -target ntsc-dvd -c\:a mp2 -ac 2 -ab 192k -ar 44100 -f mpegts -codec\:a aac -
UPDATE: Figured it out. I think...
Old 10-15-2021, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukmandutty View Post
I have been experimenting with using the following to get an iptv signal into Sagetv. Channel changing and recording seems to work ok so far. I borrowed the ffmpeg line from somewhere on this forum. Can anyone suggest a way to get ffmpeg to adapt its output according the the resolution of the source? Some channels are 1080p and others 720.

UPDATE: Figured it out. I think...
This looks interesting I noticed you are using Channels DVR ... M3U I would like to test it if you need help.
Old 10-15-2021, 05:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Been testing it for a few days with a Frankenstein system I cooked up drawing largely on this thread. I will describe fully what I did when I get home in the next hour or so.

The only problem I am seeing is the occasional frame drop that I think comes either from my lack of ffmeg knowledge or from the fact that I connect to the channels dvr server over wifi. Will update in an hour to see how it works for other people and if there are problems that perhaps I don't see because of how I use SageTV.
Old 10-15-2021, 07:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

The relevant parts of my opendct config looks like this:

I add two pipe devices as described at the beginning of the thread. I am sticking to just two for now:

Quote:
generic.pipe.device_names_csv=Pipe 1, Pipe 2

After they are added I add the following path for each newly created device to my channelsdvr server which runs on a separate device, a mac mini over wifi for now.

Quote:
streaming_executable=c\:\\\\ffmpeg\\bin\\ffmpeg.exe -i http\://192.168.1.161\:8089/devices/ANY/channels/%c%/hls/master.m3u8? -b\:v 6000k -c\:a mp2 -ac 2 -ab 192k -ar 44100 -f mpegts -codec\:a aac -
Each channel number you see when you go to your channelsdvr guide has a path of the sort to it. Opendct inserts that channel number with the %c% command as you know.

The thing then is to make sagetv use the numbering that channlesdvr uses. Sagetv was so well designed and thought out that is is easy to go into the channels settings after you have set up your guide and then remap the number (The physical one especially) to match what you see when you go to the guide of your channelsdvr server.

After you remap it should work flawlessly.

For my ffmpeg command I borrowed from brbjr above and found out that I simply had to remove "-target ntsc-dvd" from what he had for the ouput to mirror the resolution of the original feed. I am hoping one of the more knowledgeable people here can come up a more efficient command if needed.

I think there needs to be a stop command in opendct. Sometimes after you stop a video or a recording ends the channelsdvr server still registers a connection for a bit. I notice that when I close sagetv though the connection stops completely. I have had not time to read the ffmpeg manual so I am waiting to see what one of the smarter people here come up with.

The other thing I am trying to figure out is how to use the epg that channelsdvr provides, with sagetv. There is path to that epg as well. I use schedules direct but the lineup I use does not have guide data for all the pacific channels you see turn up in your channels dvr guide (tbsp, usap, toonp, and such).

Last edited by boukmandutty; 10-15-2021 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-16-2021, 07:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

I add two pipe devices as described at the beginning of the thread. I am sticking to just two for now:

After they are added I add the following path for each newly created device to my channelsdvr server which runs on a separate device, a mac mini over wifi for now.

Each channel number you see when you go to your channelsdvr guide has a path of the sort to it. Opendct inserts that channel number with the %c% command as you know.

The thing then is to make sagetv use the numbering that channlesdvr uses. Sagetv was so well designed and thought out that is is easy to go into the channels settings after you have set up your guide and then remap the number (The physical one especially) to match what you see when you go to the guide of your channelsdvr server.

For my ffmpeg command I borrowed from brbjr above and found out that I simply had to remove "-target ntsc-dvd" from what he had for the ouput to mirror the resolution of the original feed. I am hoping one of the more knowledgeable people here can come up a more efficient command if needed.

I think there needs to be a stop command in opendct. Sometimes after you stop a video or a recording ends the channelsdvr server still registers a connection for a bit. I notice that when I close sagetv though the connection stops completely. I have had not time to read the ffmpeg manual so I am waiting to see what one of the smarter people here come up with.

The other thing I am trying to figure out is how to use the epg that channelsdvr provides, with sagetv. There is path to that epg as well. I use schedules direct but the lineup I use does not have guide data for all the pacific channels you see turn up in your channels dvr guide (tbsp, usap, toonp, and such).
To get guide data you would need to use XMLTV plugin to import the guide. Which is documented all over the place but there is not one place where it is fully documented. I tried using it but I cannot get the XMLTV plugin to work in SageTV.
Old 10-16-2021, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Worked really well I was able to get it t record ... This can open SageTV up to be able to get Pluto TVE etc ... There was a delay in stopping the stream but no big deal ... just have to get XMLTV Plugin to work.
Old 10-16-2021, 08:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Pluto tv can be run in a docker and added to the list of channelsdvr sources. It is documented over the channelsdvr forums.

If we can get the xmltv plug-in to work there won’t have to be any channel remapping.

Last edited by boukmandutty; 10-16-2021 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-16-2021, 08:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Do the Channelsdvr recordings have captions embedded in them?

I see on their page that you can toggle the captions on/off if watching in their player, but curious if the captions are embedded in the stream and available under Sage. Unfortunately I'm needing them more and more as I get older.
Old 10-16-2021, 08:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
Do the Channelsdvr recordings have captions embedded in them?

I see on their page that you can toggle the captions on/off if watching in their player, but curious if the captions are embedded in the stream and available under Sage. Unfortunately I'm needing them more and more as I get older.
Yes ChannelsDVR does have captions embedded. You can extract them to subtitles if need be.
Old 10-16-2021, 08:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Pluto tv can be run in a docker and added to the list of channelsdvr sources. It is documented over the channelsdvr forums.

If we can get the xmltv plug-in to work there won’t have to be any channel remapping.
Maybe you should start a new thread on this ... There are many SageTV users looking for this great work ... Yes with Pluto you do not need channels DVR... you do not even need docker.

https://community.getchannels.com/t/...-and-epg/29308
Old 10-16-2021, 08:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Yes ChannelsDVR does have captions embedded. You can extract them to subtitles if need be.
Great, thanks.
Old 10-16-2021, 09:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Maybe you should start a new thread on this ... There are many SageTV users looking for this great work ... Yes with Pluto you do not need channels DVR... you do not even need docker.

https://community.getchannels.com/t/...-and-epg/29308
I am about to do copy and the instructions from here and do that. Can you see what your cpu usage is with the ffmpeg command first? I am about to check mine.
Old 10-16-2021, 09:41 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I am about to do copy and the instructions from here and do that. Can you see what your cpu usage is with the ffmpeg command first? I am about to check mine.
Less than 10 ... I think if you are able to add an ffmpeg simple remux the cpu usage will be minimal? Most of these stream are already H264.

Simple Remux

c\:\\\\ffmpeg\\bin\\ffmpeg.exe -i http\://10.0.0.2\:8089/devices/ANY/channels/%c%/hls/master.m3u8? -f mpegts -codec\:v copy -codec\:a copy -

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-16-2021 at 10:07 AM.
Old 10-16-2021, 11:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Started new thread as suggested:

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66804
Old 10-16-2021, 11:06 AM
SageTVaholic

With the OpenDCT generic http capture there is a stop command in there to stop the player device. For example:

stopping_executable=http\://192.168.xxx.xxx\:405XX/stop

which stops an XBOX360 extender from playing a WMC channel. Would this also apply to the generic pipe?
Old 10-16-2021, 11:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
With the OpenDCT generic http capture there is a stop command in there to stop the player device. For example:

stopping_executable=http\://192.168.xxx.xxx\:405XX/stop

which stops an XBOX360 extender from playing a WMC channel. Would this also apply to the generic pipe?
nyplayer seems to be right. We might not need a stop command. Sagetv makes ffmped disengage automatically after a while.
Old 10-16-2021, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
nyplayer seems to be right. We might not need a stop command. Sagetv makes ffmped disengage automatically after a while.
What I believe you're seeing is OpenDCT forcing the process to terminate. It will run anything you have set to stop the process providing the stream, the it will forcefully terminate the process. If you want to make the disconnect process faster, you could try to come up with a less harsh way to terminate the connection.

https://github.com/enternoescape/ope...vice.java#L448
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 10-16-2021, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
What I believe you're seeing is OpenDCT forcing the process to terminate. It will run anything you have set to stop the process providing the stream, the it will forcefully terminate the process. If you want to make the disconnect process faster, you could try to come up with a less harsh way to terminate the connection.

https://github.com/enternoescape/ope...vice.java#L448
Channels DVR closes the stream as long as you make it format TS immediately so it is working much faster with a change to the stream request. We will have to look at this from streams not coming from Channels DVR. If we ever get XMLTV import working this opens up Sage to all kinds of M3U sources.

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-16-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Tags
executable, script, streaming