SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Gemstone for v9
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v9 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Did something get fixed for Yahoo Weather

When switching weather providers, which I have to do in Gemstone V1 as it seems to lose this with every restart, my system would pause for several seconds when I got to Yahoo. That doesn't happen anymore so it seems that something has changed. Has anyone else noticed this?

Is there any way that I can delete all weather providers other than wunderground? I have my own weather station on Wunderground so that is all that I will ever want to use.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:52 PM
SageTVaholic

There is no way to delete all other providers, however if you find the following lines in one of your extender properties files and copy them to your server properties file when the server is shut down, i believe this will resolve this for G1.

Gemstone/Widgets/Weather/WeatherImpl=wunderground
Gemstone/Widgets/Weather/WeatherLoc=12345
Gemstone/Widgets/Weather/WeatherUnits=Standard
phoenix/weather/location=12345
phoenix/weather/units=s
phoenix/weather/weatherSupport=wunderground

Of course use your zip/postal and Metric and m respectively for the units.

Be sure to let me know if this works.

k
Old 02-09-2017, 06:55 PM
SageTVaholic

I will try that - for location I use PWS:IONTARIO1007 - that is the identifier for my weather station. Presumably that can be used instead of a zip? That is also something to keep in mind when deciding on variable types for the WeatherLoc as you need to be able to handle more than pure alphanumeric.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I just opened one of my extender props file and I see lots of slashes. Is it supposed to look like this?

Code:
Gemstone/Fanart/ADM\\\\\\\ Manager=false
Gemstone/Fanart/ADM\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Manager=false
Gemstone/Fanart/ADM\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Manager=false
Gemstone/Fanart/ADM\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Manager=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Add\\\\\\\ Actor/Team\\\\\\\ Favorite=false
Gemstone/Fanart/BackgroundName=Backdrop.jpg
Gemstone/Fanart/BackgroundSize=1280x720
Gemstone/Fanart/BannerSize=300x200
Gemstone/Fanart/Browser\\\ -\\\ Photos=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Browser\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Music=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Browser\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Photos=false
Gemstone/Fanart/CacheLocation=cache/GemstoneImages/
Gemstone/Fanart/Channel\\\\\\\ Setup=false
Gemstone/Fanart/CheckBackgroundFolderFirst=false
Gemstone/Fanart/CheckPosterFolderFirst=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Configuration\\\\\\\ Wizard\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ Home=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Configuration\\\\\\\ Wizard\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ Set\\\\\\\ Media\\\\\\\ Import\\\\\\\ Lib\\\\\\\ Dirs=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Configuration\\\\\\\ Wizard\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ Set\\\\\\\ Video\\\\\\\ Recording\\\\\\\ Dirs=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Detailed\\\ Info\\\ -\\\ Recording=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Detailed\\\ Setup=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Detailed\\\\\\\ Info\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ Plugin=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Detailed\\\\\\\ Info\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ Recording=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Detailed\\\\\\\ Info\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ Video\\\\\\\ File=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Detailed\\\\\\\ Setup=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Detailed\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Info\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Recording=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Detailed\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Info\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Video\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ File=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Detailed\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Info\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Video\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ File=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Detailed\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Setup=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Detailed\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Setup=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Edit\\\\\\\ Video\\\\\\\ Info=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Edit\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Video\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Info=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Favorite\\\\\\\ Details=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Favorite\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Details=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Favorites\\\\\\\ Manager=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Favorites\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Manager=false
Gemstone/Fanart/ImdbSearchMultipleResults=false
Gemstone/Fanart/ImdbShowObject=false
Gemstone/Fanart/LiveTVGuide\\\ w/\\\ Optional\\\ Preview=false
Gemstone/Fanart/LiveTVGuide\\\\\\\ w/\\\\\\\ Optional\\\\\\\ Preview=false
Gemstone/Fanart/LiveTVGuide\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ w/\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Optional\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Preview=false
Gemstone/Fanart/MediaFileList=false
Gemstone/Fanart/MediaPlayer\ OSD=false
Gemstone/Fanart/MediaPlayer\\\\\\\ OSD=false
Gemstone/Fanart/MediaPlayer\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ OSD=false
Gemstone/Fanart/MediaPlayer\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ OSD=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Online\\\\\\\ Video\\\\\\\ Menu=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Online\\\\\\\ Video\\\\\\\ Search\\\\\\\ Keyboard=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Online\\\\\\\ Video\\\\\\\ Search\\\\\\\ Results=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Plugin\\\ List=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Plugin\\\\\\\ Configure=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Plugin\\\\\\\ List=false
Gemstone/Fanart/PosterName=Poster.jpg
Gemstone/Fanart/PosterSize=300x200
Gemstone/Fanart/SageRecordings\ w/\ Optional\ Preview\ &\ AutoCategories=false
Gemstone/Fanart/SageRecordings\\\\\\\ w/\\\\\\\ Optional\\\\\\\ Preview\\\\\\\ &\\\\\\\ AutoCategories=false
Gemstone/Fanart/SageRecordings\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ w/\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Optional\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Preview\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ &\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ AutoCategories=false
Gemstone/Fanart/SageRecordings\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ w/\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Optional\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Preview\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ &\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ AutoCategories=false
Gemstone/Fanart/SageRecordings\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ w/\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Optional\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Preview\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ &\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ AutoCategories=false
Gemstone/Fanart/SageRecordings\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ w/\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Optional\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Preview\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ &\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ AutoCategories=true
Gemstone/Fanart/Scheduled\\\\\\\ Recordings=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Scheduled\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Recordings=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Scheduled\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Recordings=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Screen\ Saver=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Screen\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Saver=false
Gemstone/Fanart/SearchResults=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Search\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ All\\\\\\\ Media\\\\\\\ Types=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Server\\\\\\\ Connection\\\\\\\ Lost=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Setup\\\\\\\ Wizard\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ Cable/Sat\\\\\\\ Provider\\\\\\\ Select=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Setup\\\\\\\ Wizard\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ Capture\\\\\\\ Device\\\\\\\ InputSelect=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Setup\\\\\\\ Wizard\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ Capture\\\\\\\ Device\\\\\\\ Select=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Setup\\\\\\\ Wizard\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ EPG\\\\\\\ Data\\\\\\\ Usage=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Setup\\\\\\\ Wizard\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ Lineup\\\\\\\:\\\\\\\ check\\\\\\\ to\\\\\\\ reuse\\\\\\\ or\\\\\\\ copy=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Setup\\\\\\\ Wizard\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ Source\\\\\\\ Details\\\\\\\ Page=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Setup\\\\\\\ Wizard\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ Summary\\\\\\\ Page=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Setup\\\\\\\ Wizard\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ Tuning\\\\\\\ Configuration=false
Gemstone/Fanart/Setup\\\\\\\ Wizard\\\\\\\ -\\\\\\\ Zip\\\\\\\ Code\\\\\\\ Select=false
Gemstone/Fanart/System\\\\\\\ Information=false
Gemstone/Fanart/System\\\\\\\ Messages=false
Gemstone/Fanart/System\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Messages=false
Gemstone/Fanart/YouTube\\\\\\\ Using\\\\\\\ the\\\\\\\ V3\\\\\\\ API=false
Old 02-09-2017, 07:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Gemstone/Widgets/Weather/WeatherImpl=wunderground
Gemstone/Widgets/Weather/WeatherLoc=12345
Gemstone/Widgets/Weather/WeatherUnits=Standard
phoenix/weather/location=12345
phoenix/weather/units=s
phoenix/weather/weatherSupport=wunderground
I had the Gemstone lines in my extender prop file but not the phoenix lines. Should they be there?
Old 02-09-2017, 07:10 PM
SageTVaholic

I assume that's a bug in the import and export process. it needs to escape certain characters but i guess if you do it over and over it just keeps adding.

And use your weather station info....should be no issue

k
Old 02-09-2017, 07:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I had the Gemstone lines in my extender prop file but not the phoenix lines. Should they be there?
perhaps not. likely in mine from testing Phoenix at times.

try just the 3 gemstone lines.

k
Old 02-09-2017, 07:31 PM
SageTVaholic

It looks like that did fix the weather issues. I restarted my docker and got proper weather info.

I had the phoenix weather lines in my server's Sage.properties file, but not in the client files. But I updated the lines in the Sage.properties files.

Should I edit out all of those backslashes?
Old 02-09-2017, 08:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
It looks like that did fix the weather issues. I restarted my docker and got proper weather info.

I had the phoenix weather lines in my server's Sage.properties file, but not in the client files. But I updated the lines in the Sage.properties files.

Should I edit out all of those backslashes?
Glad to heat that works...it tells me what the issue is and how to fix in G2.

Your choice on the slashes....if they are not causing issues don't worry about them and i will add it to the list for G2

k
Old 02-09-2017, 08:45 PM
SageTVaholic

I should warn.... if you change your weather config on an extender you need to change those lines manually in the server or the problem will return as it will revert to the server settings

k
Old 02-09-2017, 09:05 PM
SageTVaholic

That's fine as I don't plan to ever change the weather source, at least not a single long as I have my own weather station