SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Gemstone for v9
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v9 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

A Few of Issues with v9 after upgrade.

Issue 1: Weather gadget- No matter how many times I enter my zip, it always reverts to 90210. I honestly don't care about the weather in Beverly Hills.

Issue 2: Certain key presses or change between menus causes the Full UI to switch from Gemstone to Sagetv7 default. It's very irritating to have to go back to settings to reapply the UI and theme of choice (Diamond Mod).

Issue 3: having to pay for EPG ($25/yr), it sucks but what can I do? Go without?

Issue 4: When trying to play an .mp4 or .mkv, Sagetv9 locks up and does nothing.

Anyone have some insight into these (except issue #3, I am not a techie and don't want to mess with XMLTV stuff)
ASUS M4A79 Deluxe | AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition | Sapphire Radeon 7750 | 52" Sharp LED LCD TV | Xonar Audio | 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR 1066 | 64GB SSD for Win10 64-bit | 1TB HDD for Local Recording | ASUS DVD Burner | Drobo 5N (3x4TB & 1x2TB) | Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 (8851)
Old 07-14-2017, 08:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Item 1. try going into bmt, install it if you do not have it, and go to configure and find the weather settings....set them how you want and then check the box to lock your settings

Item 2 makes no sense to me. I use this in v9 daily without issue. I suggest you post a sagetv log and the gemstone log from immediately after one of these times.

k
Old 07-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

what is bmt?
ASUS M4A79 Deluxe | AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition | Sapphire Radeon 7750 | 52" Sharp LED LCD TV | Xonar Audio | 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR 1066 | 64GB SSD for Win10 64-bit | 1TB HDD for Local Recording | ASUS DVD Burner | Drobo 5N (3x4TB & 1x2TB) | Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 (8851)
Old 07-16-2017, 06:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLarkins View Post
what is bmt?
Batch Metadata Tool...found in plugins. This typically is used to manage fanart etc. for gemstone users so i assumed you were using it.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok, thanks. Well, I installed the bmt. After that, on the home screen, I pressed "esc" which brought up a menu where I find weather options. I double checked to see if my zip was entered and pushed the update option. Then I went back to the homescreen. No where did I find a box to lock my settings.

as far as a log file, Where is that option to log? i can't find a pinned 'how-to'.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like you are inside gemstone when you pressed ESC. Unfortunately the current Gemstone version does not have the lock option.

To access BMT you need to have the web UI installed which likely occurred when you installed BMT. Then you need to go to http://yourserver:8080/bmt (I am away so this may be incorrect but a forum search will find more info)

From there you will see a settings or configure tab and in there there will be a menu on the left side where phoenix and then weather is an option (again, away right now so doing this from a BAD memory ;o))

k
Old 07-17-2017, 01:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

free image upload direct link
well, something really bad just happened. I pressed 'home' on my remote and it went haywire! all i have now is a black screen with a white box, the date, time, and no menus. I can alt tab out and close, but when i restart it's the same. i unistalled it and reinstalled it, i repaired it, but nothing helps. can i access the log file from windows so that i can upload it?

Last edited by MrLarkins; 07-17-2017 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

First, that screen looks like the Phoenix UI and not Gemstone so if you were expecting Gemstone then you have the wrong STV selected somehow.

The logs for sagetv are in the main sagetv folder. The server logs are sagetv_0.txt and the client are sagetvclient_0.txt.

Gemstone and Phoenix logs are under the subfolder called logs.

k
Old 07-17-2017, 01:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
First, that screen looks like the Phoenix UI and not Gemstone so if you were expecting Gemstone then you have the wrong STV selected somehow.
you say that like i know what the hell i'm doing. well, i don't.

i found the logs, there were four. one was a lot bigger than the other 3.
gemstone 1KB
phoenix 68KB
phoenix-metadata 0KB
sagex-api 2KB

jusjoken, i really appreciate your input and help. now that i have the logs, what should i do?
if i manually delete my sagetv folder, will i be able to reainstall with the sagetvsetup_9.1.5.683 file i have on my flash drive?

maybe the root of my problem is from trying to do something that is not possible.
I enabled Gemstone Full UI, and selected Diamond MKANET Mod as the theme. It seemed to work for a little bit, but would always switch to Phoenix UI or the default SageTV7 UI. Are the Diamond themes compatible with Gemstone?

Last edited by MrLarkins; 07-17-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

All Screwed Up After Upgrade~!

After upgrading to v9, I was having issues. Now I've got this when I turn it on. No menu, just what you see. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but it always come back like this. What can I do?

btw, most info is in sig...its win7 64bit

* merged *
Old 07-17-2017, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

After upgrading to v9, I was having issues. Now I've got this when I turn it on. No menu, just what you see. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but it always come back like this. What can I do?

btw, most info is in sig...its win7 64bit
Try restarting the sagetv server. If that doesn't work, then shut down sagetv, backup clients/ directory on the server, and then delete the properties files (and backup) for your client (or all clients, if you don't know which, then start sage, and then connect the client again. That should get your running again.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

thank you for the reply! i'm panicking! i have no way to reinstall sagetv7

i did the first thing you suggested. it didn't work.

before i do the next thing you suggest, fyi, i have only 1 pc running sagetv. would that be consider the server? i have no other computers that connect to this one, ie, there is only 1 instance of sagetv running in this house.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:32 PM
Sage Icon

I assume that's some kind of plugin taking over?

Try posting your sagetv_0.txt log file after a fresh server startup.

If all else fails, back up your existing SageTV directory and also copy the sage.properties and wiz.bin to a convenient place. Then uninstall/reinstall a fresh copy of V9 then copy your sage.properties and wiz.bin back over top with sage not running.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok, i deleted all the "PROPERTIES" files and when i restarted sage I went through the configuration process again.

in sage, system info says v9, so that is good. but what about gemstone, phoenix, and diamond? should i even mess with those?
Old 07-17-2017, 05:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
ok, i deleted all the "PROPERTIES" files and when i restarted sage I went through the configuration process again.

in sage, system info says v9, so that is good. but what about gemstone, phoenix, and diamond? should i even mess with those?
from the screenshot, it looks like you are running phoenix, and when I've seen phoenix do that, it's generally because phoenix didn't load correctly. I think if you post your sagetv_tv.txt log file we can get a better idea of what is going wrong. And, you can always try installing phoenix again, and see what happens (you how to get the client back to default sagetv, now )
Old 07-17-2017, 05:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Based on your other post it would seem that deleting the properties got sagetv working again...correct? If so, at this time we do not need the logs.

It sounds like you run the UI on the sagetv server...same PC, so the recommendation about the clients folder in the other post won't change anything...that is only for other clients like extenders, placeshifters etc.

So, if sage is working and you want to try out gemstone, then try without changing the theme for awhile. Gemstone works best with the theme it installs. Diamond themes may not work well but should not have caused failures and returning to the default or phoenix UI...that's odd behaviors I have not seen, although I have also never tried the diamond themes on gemstone.

Report back and we will see if we can get you going.

k
Old 07-17-2017, 05:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Another thought... remember, I am out camping so have no access to my system and sometimes my access to my memory is even more fleeting ... gemstone needs to have a theme that is named gemstone_xxxx. If it is not named that way it will try to revert to the default gemstone theme. I have not seen it revert to phoenix but again I have not tried it with a diamond theme.

So consider the Diamond themes incompatible.

k
Old 07-17-2017, 07:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok, thanks for all the help. I think I've got it back on track and working right. I believe my problems stemmed from using Diamond Mod theme with Gemstone UI.

Now, I've installed Gemstone UI and customized a few things about it. Then I exported all the settings. But what I don't understand is why is it so bland/blank? I mean, it's greyscale with no graphics (images). Is this normal? It is exactly the reason I tried to apply the Diamond Mod the first time (which I won't ever try again).

**update**
I feel brave. I have been messing around with menus and settings, being very careful to not screw things up again. I managed to copy all the backgrounds from my old favorite them and figured out how to add them to the Gemstone setup I've got going. I think I'm going to leave it be for now.

Again, thanks for all the help. I love this community!

Last edited by MrLarkins; 07-17-2017 at 07:58 PM.