SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-06-2018, 03:23 PM
SageTVaholic

HD200 - menus look awful

Very strange things going on with one of my HD 200 media extenders - the main menu looks like it has shadows around the fonts, and seems to give the appearance of an over-modulated video signal.

The other menus (and video itself) are fine, once you connect to the server.

Somehow, the graphics of the menus have become ruined and I’m wondering is there anyway to get them back to factory appearance. I’ve looked thru all the menus and can’t find anything relating to ‘menu appearance’.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 07-07-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

That problem sounds vaguely familiar, as something that happened when first updating to the open source version. I think I may have fixed it by reloading the default stv, or changing it to something else and then back to what I'd had before. My recollection is that my display was completely unreadable, and that I had to find the client file on my server to do some of the resetting. Sorry to be so vague - I should have taken detailed notes at the time in case I needed to do it again. Fortunately, I haven't had to - yet!
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
That problem sounds vaguely familiar, as something that happened when first updating to the open source version. I think I may have fixed it by reloading the default stv, or changing it to something else and then back to what I'd had before. My recollection is that my display was completely unreadable, and that I had to find the client file on my server to do some of the resetting. Sorry to be so vague - I should have taken detailed notes at the time in case I needed to do it again. Fortunately, I haven't had to - yet!
thanks. other people have mentioned the client files on the server, but I haven’t found them so far. If you remember that process, post it please.
thanks
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 07-08-2018, 06:33 AM
SageTVaholic

If I'm thinking of the correct files, I believe they're found in the "clients" directory (inside the SageTV directory). I seem to recall the filenames being based on mac address of the client device. When I've had problems with a device, I pull the power plug on the extender, then move it's properties file to the desktop to let Sage create a new one the next time the extender is started.

If that doesn't work then I'd go for the firmware update.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
If I'm thinking of the correct files, I believe they're found in the "clients" directory (inside the SageTV directory). I seem to recall the filenames being based on mac address of the client device. When I've had problems with a device, I pull the power plug on the extender, then move it's properties file to the desktop to let Sage create a new one the next time the extender is started.

If that doesn't work then I'd go for the firmware update.
I’ll give that a whirl, thanks. My HDMI output is also acting funky. It show up briefly, and then goes to ‘no signal’. This is a unit I purchased from another member here at SageTV forums, but put in the closet as a backup. I guess I should have checked it out more as soon as I received it