SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 10-12-2018, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Same issues here. I've rolled back to 1.2.8 for now, which has everything working on my hardware.

Thank you for your work on this.
That's too bad. While there are number of changes since 1.2.8, my guess is that the newer versions of IJK and ExoPlayer are main reasons for the issues. That's too bad, since I try to keep those up to date, so that we can pick up any bug fixes, and especially enhancements.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Sean, please don't take my roll-back (for use on my old Galaxy Note 4) as a typical usage. I can't tell you how much myself, and likely countless others, appreciate your hard work on getting us a valid way to use SageTV here in 2018.

If there is a way I can help troubleshoot, please let me know how.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Where can we download the 1.2.8 apk?

Chris
Old 10-13-2018, 04:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz View Post
Where can we download the 1.2.8 apk?

Chris
In my sig, there is a link to Android Miniclient, that takes you to Bintray where all the binaries are posted.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Firstly I'd like to say thanks for the work on the Android Client.. It's great to have the option of another type client and it works really well for the main functions that I still use SageTV for, the awesome PVR.. I've spent this evening doing some testing to try and isolate my issues with Oz DVB-T in SageTV 9 and the Android Client 1.3.4. I appear to have made some progress after switching to MPEG TS recording format, so I thought I'd document my findings thus far..

Shield
SageTV TS - PAL DVB 576i SDTV 25fps with MP2 2 Channel Stereo Audio
Exoplayer - Always get a Picture & Out of Sync Audio
IKJPLayer - Works 98% of the time - randomly hangs on LiveTV playback after tuning ( recording on server continues )

SageTV TS - PAL DVB 1080i HDTV 25fps H264 with AC3 2 Channel Stereo
Exoplayer - No Picture & No Audio
IKJPLayer - Works 98% of the time - randomly hangs on LiveTV playback after tuning ( recording on server continues )

SageTV TS - PAL DVB 576i SDTV 25fps H264 with MP2 2 Channel Stereo

SageTV TS - PAL DVB 576i SDTV 25fps H264 with AAC-HE 2 Channel Stereo
IKJPLayer - Picture but no Audio

MiBox ( Oreo )
SageTV TS - PAL DVB 576i SDTV 25fps with MP2 2 Channel Stereo Audio
Exoplayer - Always get a Picture & No Audio ( recording on server continues )
IKJPlayer - Works 20% of the time - 80% hangs on LiveTV playback after tuning ( recording on server continues ) crashes App

SageTV TS - PAL DVB 1080i HDTV 25fps H264 with AC3 2 Channel Stereo
Exoplayer - No Picture & No Audio ( recording on server continues )
IKJPlayer - Works 20% of the time - 80% hangs on LiveTV playback after tuning ( recording on server continues ) crashes App

SageTV TS - PAL DVB 576i SDTV 25fps H264 with MP2 2 Channel Stereo

SageTV TS - PAL DVB 576i SDTV 25fps H264 with AAC-HE 2 Channel Stereo
IKJPLayer - Picture but no Audio ( recording on server continues )

It would appear that I'm getting HW decoding support on both platforms, although the de-interlacing support for PAL SDTV on the MiBox is woeful - But it's not the primary device in the house. It's great the Shields are now available locally in Oz, but I'm not too sure I want to equip the whole house with Shields..

Ideally I'd like to try and work out these issues and have both platforms working as well as they can within the limitations that they have. So I suppose the question is what can I do to help progress the resolution of these issues? And where should I start?

Cheers

Peter
Old 10-13-2018, 08:27 AM
SageTVaholic

I wonder if your issues are related to the 1080i (ie, the interlacing). My HDPVR has the ability to record in 720p or 1080i, but, "i" has always given me issues, even in sagetv, so, I use "p".

Are you able to test an "p" streams. I really don't think it's a PAL thing, vs a interlacing issue.

The no audio in ExoPlayer is directly related to the fact that ExoPlayer can only hardware decode (there is no software decoding). So if doesn't have the hardware decoder for an audio stream, you get no audio. You can turn on software decoding in the settings, but then you lose hardware pass-through that exoplayer provides.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm sure you already know this but a bit of experimenting on my Shield showed me that ATSC streams via HD Homerun were crashing the miniclient on IJK player but if I switched to EXO player it would play a bit stuttery but no crashing. Don't know if it helps but I thought I'd add my observation.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:21 AM
Sage User

I'm also experiencing the crash issues on my older shield. I have not tested my new one yet, as I have an HD300 on that set. If I can provide anything for troubleshooting, let me know. On a side note, I was unable to download any of the older apk files for side loading. Everything gives me a forbidden error.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I wonder if your issues are related to the 1080i (ie, the interlacing). My HDPVR has the ability to record in 720p or 1080i, but, "i" has always given me issues, even in sagetv, so, I use "p".

Are you able to test an "p" streams. I really don't think it's a PAL thing, vs a interlacing issue.

The no audio in ExoPlayer is directly related to the fact that ExoPlayer can only hardware decode (there is no software decoding). So if doesn't have the hardware decoder for an audio stream, you get no audio. You can turn on software decoding in the settings, but then you lose hardware pass-through that exoplayer provides.
Thanks for your reply. My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.. I've been distracted by work unfortunately.. All OTA Broadcasts in Oz are interlaced. So I have no control over the type of stream I'm recording. They are all either DVB-T or DVB-T2 OTA TV Broadcast streams from a number of different generation HDHomeRun devices..

Also for Exoplayer, when I select the option to Disable Audio Pass-thru - It still does not play any sound, But it should - Right? The audio is MP2 or AC3 two channel stereo.. Am I missing something? I'm suspecting the issue could be the way that SageTV v9 records from DVB-T broadcasts.. Even my trusty HD300 is hiccuping on some of the recordings - regardless of whether I use PS or TS..

I might try and see if I can use OpenDCT to mux it into a TS - If that is even an option..

Cheers

Peter

Last edited by peterjb; 10-29-2018 at 04:08 AM.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just a final Update.. I Implemented Oz DVB-T Support ( au-bcast ) in OpenDCT and surprise surprise ijkplayer now plays the recorded programs and live TV for all channels with no issue on both my Shield and MiBox.. Exoplayer still seems to be a bit of a crapshoot.. Hopefully the TS fixes in latest version resolves the issue... Once I clean up the code in OpenDCT I'll package a patch to push it upstream..

Cheers

Peter

Last edited by peterjb; 11-08-2018 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Weather Underground icons

I’m using the mini client 1.30 on an Amazon Firestick. The weather plugin doesn’t display icons. When I go to weather configuration and select icons options the field is blank. Any suggestions?
Old 10-24-2019, 01:23 PM
Sage User

Stuckless. I have searched around and there seems a lot of people wanting to use this miniclient as placeshifter on firestick 4k. Is it possible to resolve the issue with inputting the credentials?
Old 11-08-2019, 09:02 AM
SageTVaholic

This works great on new FireTVCube
Old 04-21-2020, 09:08 AM
Sage Icon

Guide Navigation Broke

I've been using this on my Shield TV for a few months now. A couple of months ago I changed my server to the 64 bit version. Everything was working well until yesterday evening.

When I pull up the guide and try to go up or down channels it will sometimes just not respond and other times it will make as many as 12 changes and then freeze. I'm not doing quick changes so I don't think it is a buffer problem. One other thing that might be related is that we had no internet at all yesterday due to the only cable out of town being down. I don't think this is related to the internet since I can navigate the guide fine on the server.

Any suggestions? Is it worth forcing a complete guide download? If it matters, I am using this with three HDHRs, two duos and one quatro. and an antenna.

EDIT:

I also tried removing my wiz.bin and wiz.bak and the problem stayed. I tried disabling the 64 bit version and installing the 32 bit version and the problem stayed. Actually I should say that the problem is now consistent in that it won't change channels at all and also won't move forward in the timeline.

Last edited by toricred; 04-21-2020 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Does SageTV run correctly on the Server Computer directly? The graphic user interface that is? I assume you've done a hard power cycle on the Shield (pulling the plug)?
Old 04-21-2020, 04:31 PM
Sage Icon

It runs perfectly on the server. I have tried a hard power cycle on the Shield and still no change. I would post the logs, but I can't get the Shield to allow me to turn on Log to File.

Last edited by toricred; 04-21-2020 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have the same problem. I just noticed it today though. I don't got into the guide on the shieldTV that often. I'm running 32 bit and I have rebooted the server PC as well as the SheildTV and still doing it. Actually, my sometime freezes before it goes into the guide and then crashes the app back out to the SheildTV homescreen. Navigation works fine on the server. Other parts of the app seems to be working as expected though.
I'm using version 1.4.4 however, not 1.3.0 like this subject says.
Recording Drive's: 2 x WD WD4001FAEX (4 TB)
Tuner's: 2 x Ceton InfiniTV 4's
Clients: 3 x Nvidia Shield TV's; Spares: 2 x HD300's
SageTV v9.1.2.662 with OpenDCT v0.5.28
Java 1.8.0_111-b14 (32bit)
Old 04-21-2020, 05:27 PM
Sage Icon

I feel much better now that I know I'm not the only one with the problem. I wonder if the Shield got an update recently that's causing this. Until this is fixed I've hooked up my server to the TV, but since I don't have a wireless keyboard and mouse or remote for the PC it's really inconvenient. I use the guide every evening before going to bed so it's something I'll remember is a problem.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:13 AM
Sage Icon

I just check my Shield and it is working fine with the mini-client. It's on the latest update (8.0.2 I think) and a wired connection. Navigation in the guide (and everywhere else) is normal.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 04-22-2020, 09:25 AM
Sage Icon

This is really weird. Today it's working fine.