SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-29-2018, 08:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Sorry, I’m not too familiar with DCT since I only have OTA tuners. I’d guess it’s just remove, then re-add and select a guide data source but I honestly don’t know. Maybe someone with a setup more like yours can comment. I’d start with only the tuner ending in “-0” since that’s the one in the log files.
I'll give it a shot. Fingers crossed Thanks!
Old 10-30-2018, 06:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Looking further, I believe the "scannedUntil=Sun 8/17 2:12:55.807" comes from MAXINT which is set by default when the EPG process starts. Then, if it doesn't find any valid stations it never gets set back to 0 which is what is needed to trigger a real data download.

At this point I'd suggest removing the source and re-adding it to let it get setup again clean.
Fixed!!! Thanks for the suggestion of removing the source then re-adding it. Turns out, for reasons I have no idea why, Schedules Direct appears to have just "deleted" the lineup I was using??? The name of the lineup in my setup even changed. I only had the one lineup originally that starts off DELETED and had to add a new lineup. This was NOT the original name when I set it up because I know the name made sense!

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/att...1&d=1540903216

After I changed the "0" tuner, I had guide data and my setup screen looked like this...

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/att...1&d=1540903216

I look so little at the setup end of this (because, again, it just works!) that I never recognized that the EPG lineup name was all screwy looking. I don't know exactly what happened but somehow it seems like my guide lineup disappeared and was replaced with a lineup named as the tuner???

Anyway, all is good now. Thank you all for the help. This is a great community and I really enjoy SageTV.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10-30-2018 8-16-57 AM.jpg (217.3 KB, 393 views)
File Type: jpg 10-30-2018 8-19-15 AM.jpg (128.7 KB, 359 views)
File Type: jpg 10-30-2018 8-22-52 AM.jpg (152.2 KB, 187 views)
Old 10-30-2018, 08:59 AM
Sage Icon

The lineup will be named after the tuner like that if you ”use or copy an existing lineup” when adding additional tuners and choose “copy channels to a separately configurable lineup” instead of “use the same lineup”.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:05 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
The lineup will be named after the tuner like that if you ”use or copy an existing lineup” when adding additional tuners and choose “copy channels to a separately configurable lineup” instead of “use the same lineup”.
Hmm... I didn't think I chose that option because the tuners are the same but maybe I did. Right now they all show the lineup that is shown in Source 1 in the graphic above.

So happy it's squared away. Thanks again!
Old 10-30-2018, 04:17 PM
SageTVaholic

I have a hunch that when folks roll into the forum with the problem of EPG not updating via Schedules Direct that they are having exactly this problem. For anyone else that comes across this thread in the future, the first thing to do would be to remove your primary source and re-add it, forcing a re-selection of the EPG lineup and resolving a lineup name change in the process.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
I have a hunch that when folks roll into the forum with the problem of EPG not updating via Schedules Direct that they are having exactly this problem. For anyone else that comes across this thread in the future, the first thing to do would be to remove your primary source and re-add it, forcing a re-selection of the EPG lineup and resolving a lineup name change in the process.
Definitely some good advice. I had no idea Schedules Direct did this kind of stuff with the name change.

Maybe on a future update SageTV could look for a name change like this and throw up a notification saying it needs addressed and to select a new guide lineup. Might save a few headaches

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2018, 04:41 PM
SageTVaholic

There are multiple lineups available for a given area, so it would be difficult for SageTV to determine this. Schedules Direct (SD), however, has your list of subscribed lineups and email address - so they are probably in a better position to do this. Regardless, it would be a challenge to track it.

For example, when Time Warner made their move to digital, their channel lineup changed from "Time Warner cityname" to "Time Warner Digital Rebuild cityname" or something to that effect. I'm not sure it's entirely within reasonable expectation for either SageTV or SD to recognize that one lineup is taking the place of the other. I did receive a mailing that my service was changing, so it was somewhat expected.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Interestingly enough, the SD API does inform us if a station is deleted and the EPG update code does throw an exception when this is discovered. It's right here and here is where it should be generating a message telling you about the problem.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 11-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
Interestingly enough, the SD API does inform us if a station is deleted and the EPG update code does throw an exception when this is discovered. It's right here and here is where it should be generating a message telling you about the problem.
Whatever went wrong on his system, based upon the log files I concluded that this conditional code in EPGDataSource.java was never setting scannedUntil. It was set to MAX_VALUE and never changed after that (i.e. the 'for' or 'if' never executed). Does that help to narrow down what went wrong and/or how to trap it?

Code:
    scannedUntil = Long.MAX_VALUE;
    if (cdis.length > 0 && cdis[0].doesDataScanning())
    {
      int[] allStations = EPG.getInstance().getAllStations(providerID);
      for (int i = 0; i < allStations.length; i++)
      {
        if (canViewStation(allStations[i]) && doesStationIDWantScan(allStations[i]))
        {
          Long stationUpdateTime = updateIDMap.get(new Integer(allStations[i]));
          if (stationUpdateTime != null)
          {
            scannedUntil = Math.min(stationUpdateTime.longValue(), scannedUntil);
          }
          else
            scannedUntil = 0; // haven't scanned yet for this station!
        }
      }
    }
Maybe getAllStations returned '0' and that could be flagged?