SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 01-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCrew View Post
Is the 64bit version stable? Unfortunately I don't have a test machine for testing.
It sure seems to be but if you're concerned enough and not needing it right away, you can always wait a bit longer. Also if you find any issues you can take your wiz.bin back to the 32-bit setup and pick up where you left off. Both 32 and 64-bit can be installed on the same machine though only one can run at a time. Be sure to update the 'wizard/next_uid' setting in sage.properties when you move wiz.bin into a different setup since it holds the next valid ID.

Last edited by wnjj; 01-03-2019 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Be sure to update the 'wizard/next_uid' setting in sage.properties when you move wiz.bin into a different setup since it holds the next valid ID.
Curious, what does that do/control?
Old 01-03-2019, 04:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Curious, what does that do/control?
When a new database ID is needed, that number is used and then updated. Those ID numbers are how all of the data is related in the DB so having duplicates would mean wrong data/actors/etc associated with shows/airings.

Last edited by wnjj; 01-03-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
IMHO no. Another beta will likely be uploaded today which could be the last beta depending on testing.

k
It depends upon how you define stable. There are features (HW support) being added to the latest installer that are currently available only by hand-installing patches from this forum thread. I don't think there are any bug/crash fixes that aren't already out there in the current installer.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:43 PM
Sage User

Problems with upgrades

I should note at the start that I am a less than happy customer.

I installed 9.1.5.683 on my Win 10 system and had some problems. I eventually got it to mostly work but still had some problems (with channel preview). So I tried to install 9.1.10. It said I needed something about Java that I didn't have so I tried to load the latest Java. But I still could not load 9.1.10. Then I uninstalled 9.1.10 and reinstalled 9.1.5. There was a lot of time spent on all this and I am back where I started now with 9.1.5. I have also spent a lot of time with the video settings to get the program to work.

Perhaps there are too many versions but for a novice like me, the whole situation is too complicated. If I grab any version of SageTV 9, it should install everything I need for that version to work. I am pretty fed up with SageTV at this point and am thinking of buying a Tivo Roamio system and permanently getting rid of Sage.

By the way, I have been using SageTV on Win XP for many years and found it to be good. I think I may now have some hardware problems on my old computer and that is the reason for the switch to Win 10. The switch has not gone at all well.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapvr View Post

I installed 9.1.5.683 on my Win 10 system and had some problems. I eventually got it to mostly work but still had some problems (with channel preview). So I tried to install 9.1.10. It said I needed something about Java that I didn't have so I tried to load the latest Java. But I still could not load 9.1.10. Then I uninstalled 9.1.10 and reinstalled 9.1.5. There was a lot of time spent on all this and I am back where I started now with 9.1.5. I have also spent a lot of time with the video settings to get the program to work.

Perhaps there are too many versions but for a novice like me, the whole situation is too complicated. If I grab any version of SageTV 9, it should install everything I need for that version to work. I am pretty fed up with SageTV at this point and am thinking of buying a Tivo Roamio system and permanently getting rid of Sage.

By the way, I have been using SageTV on Win XP for many years and found it to be good. I think I may now have some hardware problems on my old computer and that is the reason for the switch to Win 10. The switch has not gone at all well.
If you're planning to stick around and would like some help, we would need more information about your system. I think you had a good start by heading back to the standard installer (the non-64 bit non-beta versions, this forum area is for the 64 bit beta version). What tuner(s) are you using? Are you using any sort of infrared device to tune a set-top-box, and if so, which one?
Old 01-04-2019, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Another beta of the 64bit and 32bit Windows installers

Please see the first post for details.

k
Old 01-04-2019, 03:06 PM
Sage Icon

I noticed this note in the first post:
"AC3Filter is NO LONGER part of the installer - removed 12/01/2018 installer version 1.102"

There was some discussion at the beginning of this thread about slimming down the installer by removing some bits and making them download automatically on demand. Is that what is happening here, or is AC3Filter being removed completely?

For those doing a fresh install on a new system, will we have to manually install AC3Filter, or is it no longer needed (replaced by LAV or something)?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-04-2019, 05:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I noticed this note in the first post:
"AC3Filter is NO LONGER part of the installer - removed 12/01/2018 installer version 1.102"

There was some discussion at the beginning of this thread about slimming down the installer by removing some bits and making them download automatically on demand. Is that what is happening here, or is AC3Filter being removed completely?

For those doing a fresh install on a new system, will we have to manually install AC3Filter, or is it no longer needed (replaced by LAV or something)?
All versions of AC3Filter available that would work with 64bit include malware. There are workarounds that I could use but there were others with strong feelings we should not be including it. (I believe I can install it with /NOCANDY or some such and avoid the install of the malware...but the scanners of the installer would still report it).

LAV filters work to replace AC3Filter so in theory it's not needed...but I think there will be others that feel otherwise.

Hopefully people will test with the included LAV Filters and find AC3Filters not required.

Edit: another option is I can add an Option on the installer that if chosen would then download the AC3Filters and then install it with the /NOCANDY parameter.

k

Last edited by jusjoken; 01-04-2019 at 05:21 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapvr View Post

First off, I'm sorry you are having issues.... I know it sucks when it happens....

That being said, this is an early beta for the 64bit system. It is clearly marked as a beta as well. This means the system is NOT stable and/or complete yet and is being offered to people to TEST and REPORT issues. As with all software beta releases, if you do not have the expertise or time to commit to this process, then you shouldn't be using the beta version.

Blaming SageTV because you are having issues with a beta release is.... well.... silly. Personally I've held off on installing the 64bit version because I don't want to deal with any of the issues and will wait for a complete and stable version to be released. My advice would be to install the 32bit version that by your own admission you've had no real trouble with and wait for the "official" (ie non-beta) 64bit version to be released.

On the other hand, if you are that irritated about the beta release then perhaps you should move on to another system. The last thing anyone wants is a negative nilly who throws shade at the wonderful people who volunteer their time and energy to improving SageTV. Without them, SageTV wouldn't be a fraction of what it is today. I'm grateful for the work being done by them. I hope you can change your tune and find a grateful spirit as well.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all

Last edited by sic0048; 01-05-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:03 AM
Sage User

Can I just clarify whether I need to change the Java Heap Size on the 64 bit version? I recall that this solved a lot of problems for me on the standard verion.
Client: 2 x HD300; 1 x Win 7 PC
Old 01-07-2019, 04:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sota View Post
Can I just clarify whether I need to change the Java Heap Size on the 64 bit version? I recall that this solved a lot of problems for me on the standard verion.
You certainly can as that is the greatest value of the 64 bit version. 1024 was the largest value for the heap on 32 bit but 4096 is easily doable on the 64 bit.

k
Old 01-07-2019, 04:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

I see there is a way to add manually the ability to use USBUIRT. Will this work if you have 2 usbuirts in the system. There are separate files to do that with the 32 bit system and I was wondering if we would need to wait for these files to be created for the 64 bit version.
Thanks.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:56 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
You certainly can as that is the greatest value of the 64 bit version. 1024 was the largest value for the heap on 32 bit but 4096 is easily doable on the 64 bit.

k
That's good to know, thanks!

Pat
Client: 2 x HD300; 1 x Win 7 PC
Old 01-07-2019, 08:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sota View Post
I use the unRAID docker version of Sage which is 64 bit and I use 3 or 4 GB as my heap size. I can connect well over a dozen miniclients without having issues.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrent View Post
I see there is a way to add manually the ability to use USBUIRT. Will this work if you have 2 usbuirts in the system. There are separate files to do that with the 32 bit system and I was wondering if we would need to wait for these files to be created for the 64 bit version.
Thanks.
The 64-bit DLL is built from the latest code that supports multiple devices just like 32-bit did. There’s a utility available from support@usbuirt.com called uurename that allows you to renumber additional devices. Then add a line (as the second line) in the .ir file with “DeviceName N”, creating a unique .ir file for each device.

There’s at least one user already doing this successfully on 64-bit. They may be able to send you uurename instead if you don’t have it.

Edit: I found another old SageTV post where someone got uurename from here: https://support.snapstream.com/hc/en...SB-UIRT-Naming

Last edited by wnjj; 01-07-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Edit: I found another old SageTV post where someone got uurename from here: https://support.snapstream.com/hc/en...SB-UIRT-Naming
Wow Snapstream - there's a blast from the past. I used that prior to SageTV and WMC.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:06 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Will this work if you have 2 usbuirts in the system.
I'm simultaneously using both USB-UIRT and the Hauppauge blaster with Sage-x64. There's no functional difference in IR blaster support for Sage-x86 vs -x64. Everything "just works". (what a concept!)

Clarification: A single USB-UIRT device is capable of driving 3 IR emitters. Simply create a new .ir file for each emitter. Search these forums for the details. uurename is only needed when multiple USB-UIRT devices are in the same system. Basically, uurename creates unique USB device names.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
The 64-bit DLL is built from the latest code that supports multiple devices just like 32-bit did. There’s a utility available from support@usbuirt.com called uurename that allows you to renumber additional devices. Then add a line (as the second line) in the .ir file with “DeviceName N”, creating a unique .ir file for each device.

There’s at least one user already doing this successfully on 64-bit. They may be able to send you uurename instead if you don’t have it.

Thanks.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFred View Post
I'm simultaneously using both USB-UIRT and the Hauppauge blaster with Sage-x64. There's no functional difference in IR blaster support for Sage-x86 vs -x64. Everything "just works". (what a concept!)

Clarification: A single USB-UIRT device is capable of driving 3 IR emitters. Simply create a new .ir file for each emitter. Search these forums for the details. uurename is only needed when multiple USB-UIRT devices are in the same system. Basically, uurename creates unique USB device names.
Thanks.