SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Information & Announcements > SageTV Downloads & Instructions
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Downloads & Instructions This forum is for discussions containing Downloads and Instructions related to the Open Source version of SageTV. Please do not post questions in this forum.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Can you check on this
C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\uu_irsage.dll 445 KB (456,192 bytes) size should be.
C:\Windows\System32\uuirtdrv.dll 278 KB (284,672 bytes) size should be.
I've had the 64bit SageTV working well in my system since it came out (love it) and finally updated to the 9.2.0_beta.1.104 versions. After replacing the two files mentioned by SHS with the ones in the usb_uirt64.zip, all is working with two zones for usb-uirt.

But when I installed (and I tried 2 or 3 times - first checking all the boxes in the installer options (lav etc) and then leaving all the options unchecked), I always got these two error messages popping up in boxes:

1. Could not write value AlwaysSwapForAC3Filter to key \SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\DSFilters\AudioDec. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key.....etc

2. Could not write value EnableSageTVStreamDemux to key \SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\DirectShow etc

Has anyone else seen this? I went into regedit afterwards and changed the value in each from 1 to 0.

But I have to say I don't know if I need the LAV filters or the demux key at all since I just use an extender? I get a bit confused by all that - are they just for a desktop client?
Old 01-14-2019, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt4242 View Post
But I have to say I don't know if I need the LAV filters or the demux key at all since I just use an extender? I get a bit confused by all that - are they just for a desktop client?
Yes, the filters and demux are used for rendering video on a client and also for placeshifter (which renders on the server and sends frames out).

With extenders those settings & filters don't matter. It is nice to be able to playback on the server when configuring channels, etc.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. I think I use placeshifter when I am down at my daughter's - I have an HD300 there and connect to my server up here (is that placeshifter? My confusion can reach abysmal levels at times!). If it is, does having those settings and filters mean that the picture I see at her place will be better?
Old 01-14-2019, 06:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Thanks. I think I use placeshifter when I am down at my daughter's - I have an HD300 there and connect to my server up here (is that placeshifter? My confusion can reach abysmal levels at times!). If it is, does having those settings and filters mean that the picture I see at her place will be better?
I may have misspoke on the placeshifter. I think it uses the transcoder (FFMPEG) and only playback on the PC itself uses the DirectShow filters. As I've admitted before, I'm still a little clueless on all of these video/audio modes.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
But when I installed (and I tried 2 or 3 times - first checking all the boxes in the installer options (lav etc) and then leaving all the options unchecked), I always got these two error messages popping up in boxes:

1. Could not write value AlwaysSwapForAC3Filter to key \SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\DSFilters\AudioDec. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key.....etc

2. Could not write value EnableSageTVStreamDemux to key \SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\Common\DirectShow etc

Has anyone else seen this? I went into regedit afterwards and changed the value in each from 1 to 0.
Yes..this has been reported by JustFred. I still need to look into what the issue is but it will be fixed in the next release.

k
Old 01-14-2019, 09:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Thanks for the testing, Tiki. I think that proves the sharing issue is with the DLL and not something about how the build is happening. Hopefully we can get this resolved.
I don't know if this helps with your development/troubleshooting...
I am using service mode with the USBUIRT, Hauppauge 45 button remote and the R5000's successfully.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwifty View Post
I don't know if this helps with your development/troubleshooting...
I am using service mode with the USBUIRT, Hauppauge 45 button remote and the R5000's successfully.
Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Sage?

Wait, the R5000 handles the channel changes on the cable box directly doesn’t it? You’re not using the USBUIRT as a transmitter to change the channels are you?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-15-2019, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post

Wait, the R5000 handles the channel changes on the cable box directly doesn’t it? You’re not using the USBUIRT as a transmitter to change the channels are you?
He could have a Hauppauge Tuner installed along side with IR32 which is an external app
Old 01-15-2019, 06:33 AM
Sage User

I built up a clean system and installed the 64 bit version of SageTV which works extremely well except for one installation issue.

I use Silicondust HDHomeRun tuners and I was unable to select SageTV for BDA mode in their configuration utility. I had to install the 32 bit version select SageTV in utility, uninstall 32 bit version, and reinstall 64 bit version.

Their utility is obviously looking for something, i.e. registry entry or otherwise, before it allows the selection.

Great job with conversion.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:16 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Close but i need another log in the same location. Its timestamp will be just prior to this one and it will have MSI in its name as per my example.

This should then indicate if the Q drive cause an issue installing the service.

k
Here are the other two log files from that directory (they were slightly too big to upload).

https://d.pr/free/f/u0W5F9
https://d.pr/free/f/a8bLXk

Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Case: Antec 1200 with 4 iStarUSA trayless hot-swap cages (20 drives max)
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Capture Cards: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro 4, Hauppauge 60 HD-PVR
Players: 5 HD300s, 2 HD200s
Old 01-15-2019, 10:20 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
This is one of the installation logs. That may tell you if there were any problems detected during the install, but won't tell you what was going on when you tried to start the Sage service.

You probably want to review the Sage_0.txt log from when you tried to launch the Sage Service (inside the c:\program files\SageTV\SageTV folder, or wherever you installed Sage).
So I didn't have a Sage_0.txt but when I tried to launch Sage from the icon in the Programs Folder I get the message "Could not find jvm.dll, Please install Java Runtime Environment 1.7 or greater."

Attached is a screenshot of the current version of Java I have installed. I made sure I downloaded and installed the 64bit version.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 11.19.35 AM.png (37.6 KB, 202 views)

Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Old 01-15-2019, 10:55 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

64-bit. D'oh! Receive only. I think the R5000 gets the transmit from USB.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

I noticed one other issue with the new beta. The volume buttons on the Sage remote don't seem to do anything (playing back direct from the Server's pseudo-client to a an HDMI-connected TV/monitor). Related to this, there is a vertical volume solider in the OSD during playback - the slider always stays at the bottom (0), you can't even move it with a mouse.

There is sound - the volume is controlled by the Windows system volume combined with the TV volume. This seems to be the same for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Sage. It's not a deal-breaker for me, since I usually leave the Sage and Windows volumes alone and rely on my TV volume. But I'm sure the Windows volume and Sage volume could be controlled separately in the past.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Or, could this be a result of changing to LAV filters with the new install (versus AC3 in the past)?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-16-2019, 12:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I noticed one other issue with the new beta. The volume buttons on the Sage remote don't seem to do anything (playing back direct from the Server's pseudo-client to a an HDMI-connected TV/monitor). Related to this, there is a vertical volume solider in the OSD during playback - the slider always stays at the bottom (0), you can't even move it with a mouse.

There is sound - the volume is controlled by the Windows system volume combined with the TV volume. This seems to be the same for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Sage. It's not a deal-breaker for me, since I usually leave the Sage and Windows volumes alone and rely on my TV volume. But I'm sure the Windows volume and Sage volume could be controlled separately in the past.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Or, could this be a result of changing to LAV filters with the new install (versus AC3 in the past)?
Just to confirm, this is missing on the beta 32-bit (and 64-bit) but works on the released 32-bit V9?
Old 01-16-2019, 01:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
So I didn't have a Sage_0.txt but when I tried to launch Sage from the icon in the Programs Folder I get the message "Could not find jvm.dll, Please install Java Runtime Environment 1.7 or greater."

Attached is a screenshot of the current version of Java I have installed. I made sure I downloaded and installed the 64bit version.
I just tried install SageTV 64bit on Windows 10 and it worked fine; service starts as expected.

Any ideas what could be causing the issue with Windows 7?

Old 01-16-2019, 08:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanzim View Post
I built up a clean system and installed the 64 bit version of SageTV which works extremely well except for one installation issue.

I use Silicondust HDHomeRun tuners and I was unable to select SageTV for BDA mode in their configuration utility. I had to install the 32 bit version select SageTV in utility, uninstall 32 bit version, and reinstall 64 bit version.

Their utility is obviously looking for something, i.e. registry entry or otherwise, before it allows the selection.

Great job with conversion.
I found that even with a partial SageTV directory (what you get if you uninstall SageTV before installing 64 bit so that only the properties and wiz.bin are present) was not sufficient. I think it is looking for "SageTV.exe" in the 32 bit directory. I wonder if you could force the installer to go to the 32 bit directory or not in a program files directory and get it to work - haven't tried that little experiment.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:43 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
I found that even with a partial SageTV directory (what you get if you uninstall SageTV before installing 64 bit so that only the properties and wiz.bin are present) was not sufficient. I think it is looking for "SageTV.exe" in the 32 bit directory. I wonder if you could force the installer to go to the 32 bit directory or not in a program files directory and get it to work - haven't tried that little experiment.
I don't know exactly what HDHomerun Setup is looking for, but..

1st test: On a system that currently has both the 32 and 64-bit versions of Sage installed, I deleted the entire Wow6432Node/FreyTechnologies registry key. HDHR Setup still lists Sage in the Applications tab.

2nd test: on the above system, with the Wow6432Node/FreyTechnologies key in place, I simply renamed the SageTv folder (in Program Files (x86)) to SageTv.save. Now HDHR Setup doesn't list Sage. Renaming SageTv.save back to SageTv allows HDHR Setup to report the SageTV application again.

3rd test: I launched a completely clean VM, first installing Sage-64 followed by HdHomeRun. That's the installation order that SiliconDust had always recommended. Launching the HDHR Setup program didn't list Sage in the Application tab, so I selected "Other: ATSC/QAM". Then I launched Sage and went thru its config. The HDHR tuner worked without any problems.

EDIT:
4th test: using the environment in #3, I copied the entire contents of the SageTv folder (from another 32-bit working Sage installation on a different box) into Program Files (x86). HDHR Setup still doesn't list Sage. Maybe it's looking for some combo of registry keys AND files? Looking further at the application names that ARE in the Main Application dropdown (BeyondTV, Easy HDTV, J River Media Center, MediaPortal, NextPVR, XBMC Media Center, etc), searching the registry for those names comes up empty. This implies that some of that info is hard-coded into the HDHR Setup app.

EDIT #2:
5th test: using the environment in #3, I next installed SageTVSetupx86_9.2.0_beta_1.104.exe to C:\Programs Files (x86)\SageTV_custom_location. HDHR Setup now offers SageTV in the Main Application dropdown box.

EDIT #3:
6th test: using the environment in #5, Sage-32 was un-installed. Confirmed that HDHR doesn't report Sage. Next, performed a Repair installation of Sage-32, to C:\SageTV_x86_hack. Result: HDHR Setup DOES see Sage. Conclusion: It doesn't matter where Sage-32 is installed.

7th test: using the environment in #6, determined that HDHR is looking for SageTVService.exe. Confirmed this by removing all other .exe's from (x86)\SageTV\SageTV. Conclusion: HDHR Setup reacts to the presense/absence of this single exe, and no others.

8th test: using the environment in #7 (i.e., the only exe present in x86\SageTV\SageTV is SageTVService.exe). Found that HDHR appears to look in the registry for HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SageTV, and then follows ImagePath value, which has the path to SageTVService.exe. Renamed the key ...services\SageTV to ...services\SageTV-gone. Result: HDHR no longer lists Sage.

9th test: using the environment in #8, temporarily renamed HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SageTV64 to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SageTV. Result: HDHR now lists Sage.

10th test: using the environment in #9, temporarily renamed HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SageTV (originally was ...SageTV64) to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SageTV x64 (added a space). Result: HDHR doesn't list Sage.

EDIT #4:
I took a peek into hdhomerun_setup.exe and hdhomerun_quicktv.exe. Both programs explicitly look for the following two registry keys:
a) HKLM\SOFTWARE\Frey Technologies\SageTV
and
b) HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\SageTV
The first isn't an issue, since it (or it's Wow6432Node equivalent) will exist for both Sage-32 and -64. The second poses the challenge if Sage-32 hasn't been installed. In order to preserve the ability to have x86 and x64 installed side-by-side, we can't change the name of the ...services\SageTV64 key to "...services\SageTV". But how about having the x64 installer create an additional ...services\SageTV dummy key (and point it to the 64-bit SageTVService.exe) if the key doesn't already exist. Give it some funky obvious description that'll be apparent in the Management Console. Running SageTVSetupx86_9.2.0_beta_1.104.exe to un-install Sage-32 doesn't remove either of the 2 keys, so we're still good. Hopefully, previous x86 un-installers also left the keys in tact.

It's not clear to me that we absolutely have to "fix" the installer, but I have no doubt that the current behavior is going to cause confusion and potential frustration. It certainly won't match the HDHR instructions.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.

Last edited by JustFred; 01-17-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFred View Post
I don't know exactly what HDHomerun Setup is looking for, but..

1st test: On a system that currently has both the 32 and 64-bit versions of Sage installed, I deleted the entire Wow6432Node/FreyTechnologies registry key. HDHR Setup still lists Sage in the Applications tab.

2nd test: on the above system, with the Wow6432Node/FreyTechnologies key in place, I simply renamed the SageTv folder (in Program Files (x86)) to SageTv.save. Now HDHR Setup doesn't list Sage. Renaming SageTv.save back to SageTv allows HDHR Setup to report the SageTV application again.

3rd test: I launched a completely clean VM, first installing Sage-64 followed by HdHomeRun. That's the installation order that SiliconDust had always recommended. Launching the HDHR Setup program didn't list Sage in the Application tab, so I selected "Other: ATSC/QAM". Then I launched Sage and went thru its config. The HDHR tuner worked without any problems.

It's not clear to me that we absolutely have to "fix" the installer, but I have no doubt that the current behavior is going to cause confusion and potential frustration. It certainly won't match the HDHR instructions.
Thanks for the info. I can't imagine the HDHR software just expects SageTV in the normal install directory (Program Files (x86)) but I couldn't find any obvious registry key and your test seems to prove that. I wonder if we need to contact someone over there or worst case make a "fake" directory in the place they're looking for it.

Can you try a 32-bit install into a custom directory to see if it's found?
Old 01-17-2019, 04:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Can you try a 32-bit install into a custom directory to see if it's found?
I updated the findings in my earlier post here.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFred View Post
I updated the findings in my earlier post here.
If this is what you were calling a custom location:
Quote:
C:\Programs Files (x86)\SageTV_custom_location
I think installing to C:\SageTV might be a better custom location. No UAC to complicate the situation. If I misread what you meant then PLEASE ignore this post.