SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-05-2021, 06:23 PM
SageTVaholic

I have not had that experience with a Win 7 SageTV server using two HDPVR2's. Once in a while I get some strange freezes, skips, and motion artifacts. My Sage system gets rebooted about once a month, and that's the only time the HDPVR2's get restarted (full power down/up).

I seem to recall the problems with the Hauppauge devices stemming from the inability to properly start a media file, which is why we can't always get the HDPVR2's to work with "live" SageTV, hence the reason why I always tell a show to record, then start watching it about 15 seconds after the recording begins (even with live tv).
Old 10-05-2021, 09:02 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustFred View Post
My experience with the HDPVR using HDMI input was terrible. Numerous "random" lockups, which were traced to program-stream changes from the source, usually occurring at commercial insertion or other program-feed change. Since changing from HDMI to Component input, no lockups in over 3 years. I don't have a HDPVR2, so can't say with certainty that it has a similar issue.
Wait, the original HDPRVR 1212 was component only. Do you mean the original Colossus? And when you say "stream changes," do you mean changes in audio format for commercials? I don't think the resolution changes, right? If that is the case, it might be worth trying the HDPVR2 in HDMI with SPDIF, since I think that is an input option. That said, I'm still convinced this is a different issue because I haven't seen any halts mid-program. It's that Sage occasionally can't start recording properly and then records a blank screen.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:18 AM
Sage Expert

I have tried the HDPVR2 with component and SPDIF for over a week and continue to receive the occasional failure to start the encoding device error. And again, when it happens, both HDPVRs are locked out and only a Sage restart fixes it. I am out of ideas at this point. It seems like Sage could be at fault here.