SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-25-2021, 05:44 PM
Sage Icon

HDHR won't show up

I've been using SageTV since 2008 for all the reasons but mainly as an OTA DVR. I've used HDHRs the entire time. I use two dual-tuner units, and they always just worked. When one would suddenly stop working, I would find a fried wall wart power supply, replace it, and be back in business. Maybe 3 or 4 times in 13 years I had to reboot the HDHR and/or my network switch and/or my server, but everything always came back online. One eventually died and was replaced with a new model, but the other is original, 13 years old.

Yesterday while watching NFL games (live), suddenly my signal disappeared. I tried rebooting the above items to no avail. I ran out of time to investigate but am trying again this evening. It appears the other original HDHR has given up the ghost (not just the power supply but the whole unit). That's understandable, but...

SageTV can not find signals in the one unit that is still working. I used the HDHR utility and confirmed the unit still working, getting channels, and I can open them and play them (through VLC) on my server. But Sage just gets "no signal". I rescanned the channels in Sage and got no channel signals found.

Anyone ever seen this happen? And anyone have any ideas how to fix it?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Did you try letting the HDHR setup program rescan the channels, then have SageTV scan? I believe there's a dependency on the HDHR configuration being set properly in the Setup program.
Old 10-28-2021, 07:57 AM
Sage Icon

Following up, I did the scan in the HDHR software (I had forgotten that there was an interface for management of the HDHR separate from the UI for viewing channels and such). That made the working HDHR show up again in Sage.

The other one appears dead though it might be the power supply. I have a new one ordered and on the way (I thought I had a spare... dang...).

If the HDHR is actually dead, I was sad to find that SiliconDust has killed off all their "plain old tuner" devices (which were lower cost) and apparently are only selling the newer models with DVR capabilities built in, etc. EBay time, I guess.
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 10-28-2021, 09:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
Following up, I did the scan in the HDHR software (I had forgotten that there was an interface for management of the HDHR separate from the UI for viewing channels and such). That made the working HDHR show up again in Sage.

The other one appears dead though it might be the power supply. I have a new one ordered and on the way (I thought I had a spare... dang...).

If the HDHR is actually dead, I was sad to find that SiliconDust has killed off all their "plain old tuner" devices (which were lower cost) and apparently are only selling the newer models with DVR capabilities built in, etc. EBay time, I guess.
I have an original HDHR that I'm not using anymore, if you want it.

I got a Quad for less cabling and the tuner is a bit better, which helps since I'm in a fringe area.
Old 10-28-2021, 01:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
I have an original HDHR that I'm not using anymore, if you want it.

I got a Quad for less cabling and the tuner is a bit better, which helps since I'm in a fringe area.
PM sent. Thanks.