SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 05-27-2022, 12:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Likely. The effort and amount of change from an old jetty 6 version to jetty 9 was already a lot to take on (one thing I read said it was about 43 version equivalents given how they use versions). It also is the last Jetty version to support Java 8 so given the age of many plugins I think it was a logical step.

I will consider updating jetty after I get a few other projects completed unless someone decides to take it on.

K
Thanks for the info I don't really know how SageTV works but I will see if I can get SRE to run, unlikely but worth a shot if I can help.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emveepee View Post
Thanks for the info I don't really know how SageTV works but I will see if I can get SRE to run, unlikely but worth a shot if I can help.
Is SRE no longer working?

SkiingWiz had updated it for jetty 9
Old 05-28-2022, 06:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Is SRE no longer working?

SkiingWiz had updated it for jetty 9
It does but I run an instance of Jetty with SRE on a $2 a month VPS for NextPVR users who don't have SageTV installed. I right away mitigated log4j but rather then upgrading to 9 I was hoping to use a supported version
Old 06-18-2022, 10:03 AM
Sage Fanatic

which JARs should be deleted

hi folks

i'm a little late jumping on this but i could use some help here on a now old topic.
i delated all the recommended stuff, except for WAR files, under webapps.

i'm not sure though what JAR files i may need to delete and my JAR files list is attached.
help would be much appreciated here.

thanks again for you all still keeping sage alive and kicking.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mysagejars.txt (2.4 KB, 39 views)
Old 06-18-2022, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
hi folks

i'm a little late jumping on this but i could use some help here on a now old topic.
i delated all the recommended stuff, except for WAR files, under webapps.

i'm not sure though what JAR files i may need to delete and my JAR files list is attached.
help would be much appreciated here.

thanks again for you all still keeping sage alive and kicking.
The JARs list looks fine (there are a few google-oauth-client jars that have jetty in the name that I am not familiar with so not sure what they are for or if they would cause an issue).

Could you describe the issue and post the sagetv_0.txt log as well as the logs/jettystarter.log file for me to review.

Thanks
K
Old 06-19-2022, 03:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
The JARs list looks fine (there are a few google-oauth-client jars that have jetty in the name that I am not familiar with so not sure what they are for or if they would cause an issue).

Could you describe the issue and post the sagetv_0.txt log as well as the logs/jettystarter.log file for me to review.

Thanks
K
The problem is that in SRE, i get the red icon on all future baseball games that are scheduled, as if if couldn't confirm the SRE monitoring.

log files attached.

also, in my list of JARs, i see a few that were recommended to be removed in older posts.
specifically,
commons-io-2.4.jar
commons-jxpath-1.1.jar
gson-1.7.1.jar
jcifs-1.1.6.jar
sbbi-upnplib-1.0.3.jar
perhaps not a problem, but thought i'd mention them.
Attached Files
File Type: txt jetty.txt (13.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: zip sagetv_0-pt1.zip (523.5 KB, 36 views)
File Type: zip sagetv_0a-pt2.zip (428.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 06-20-2022, 05:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat6man View Post
The problem is that in SRE, i get the red icon on all future baseball games that are scheduled, as if if couldn't confirm the SRE monitoring.

log files attached.

also, in my list of JARs, i see a few that were recommended to be removed in older posts.
specifically,
commons-io-2.4.jar
commons-jxpath-1.1.jar
gson-1.7.1.jar
jcifs-1.1.6.jar
sbbi-upnplib-1.0.3.jar
perhaps not a problem, but thought i'd mention them.
The jars you listed here are fine I think. I have newer versions the following 2 in my system...

commons-io-2.4.jar - I have commons-io-2.5.jar
gson-1.7.1.jar - I have gson-2.7.jar

Not sure if either of those would cause issues with SRE.

The Jetty logs indicate that Jetty and all the web plugins including SRE loaded correctly with NO errors.

I also see in the sage logs that SRE is doing things...but I do not use SRE so cannot be sure what to expect in the logs for SRE.

I suggest you post in the SRE plugin thread and pm SkiingWiz who maintains it and see if he can understand the issue you are seeing.

K
Old 06-20-2022, 02:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

thanks K
Old 06-30-2022, 05:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

@cat6man That sound's like my response to my Dad. I guess their tinkering was where we got the bug to do this with SageTV etc.
Old 10-07-2022, 05:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

I upgraded Jetty and the web apps that I had installed. All seems to be working fine except for the http://<IP>:8090<PORT>/bmt/#status page for BMT. This page will load but clicking on any menu item will make it unresponsive and it eventually times out.

If I go directly to http://<IP>:8090<PORT>/bmt/#browse or #configure, it all works great and is very responsive. The menu items work fine from these pages...except if I click on the Status menu item which will makes it hang again.

The other web apps (SageTV Web Interface and Mobile Web Interface) both seem to be working fine.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the BMT Web Interface.
I've cleaned out folders from jetty/webapps
I've cleaned out several old jars as suggested earlier in this thread.

Any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: txt jettystarter.txt (68.4 KB, 22 views)
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K

Last edited by alfi33; 10-07-2022 at 05:10 PM. Reason: added log file
Old 10-07-2022, 08:58 PM
SageTVaholic

There are numerous file exceptions in the log...for instance..

opt/sagetv/server/ChannelLogos/KZJODT.png

Not sure is this is related but the channel logos are being searched for but failing.

k
Old 03-01-2023, 04:18 PM
Sage User

Attempting to load Jetty Web server Plugin into SageTV V9.2.5.936 (64 bit), Java Ver.=1.8.0_191, OS=10 10.0. Having an insufficient rights problem installing ant-1.8.2.zip, errcode=403. Not finding any of the xml or setup log files listed in the forum here. I have searched the SageTv-0.log and SagetvPluginsv9.xml. Did not find the SageTVPluggins.xml which was getting an ERROR msg in sageTV-0.log. what am I missing? what do I change to get install working?
Old 03-02-2023, 05:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdomm View Post
Attempting to load Jetty Web server Plugin into SageTV V9.2.5.936 (64 bit), Java Ver.=1.8.0_191, OS=10 10.0. Having an insufficient rights problem installing ant-1.8.2.zip, errcode=403. Not finding any of the xml or setup log files listed in the forum here. I have searched the SageTv-0.log and SagetvPluginsv9.xml. Did not find the SageTVPluggins.xml which was getting an ERROR msg in sageTV-0.log. what am I missing? what do I change to get install working?
Can you post the SageTV log file so we can review the errors? What version of the jetty plugin is currently installed?

k
Old 03-02-2023, 09:41 AM
Sage User

Problem installing Jetty Web Server V3

SageTV Log attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageTV_1_LOG.txt (60.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 03-03-2023, 07:29 AM
SageTVaholic

It looks like this issue is because it is trying to get the ant plugin (a dependency) from the v7 repo and it's link is an http site and must be an https site. The v9 repo has that plugin with an https site but as the version numbers are the same it is trying to use the v7 repo and failing.

I have fixed the issue in the repo by increasing the version number on the ant plugin however, our autobuild process (travis ci) is not running and I am currently looking into this issue (likely free OSS credits ran out so I have requested more).

I will post here when this is resolved and it allows me to update the V9 repo.

k
Old 03-03-2023, 08:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

SageTV Log attached
I managed to resolve the v9 repo build issue so hopefully your issue should be resolved.

Try again to install the jetty server plugin and report back on the results.

k
Old 03-03-2023, 04:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It looks like this issue is because it is trying to get the ant plugin (a dependency) from the v7 repo and it's link is an http site and must be an https site. The v9 repo has that plugin with an https site but as the version numbers are the same it is trying to use the v7 repo and failing.

I have fixed the issue in the repo by increasing the version number on the ant plugin however, our autobuild process (travis ci) is not running and I am currently looking into this issue (likely free OSS credits ran out so I have requested more).

I will post here when this is resolved and it allows me to update the V9 repo.

k
Travis is no longer in use. The builds happen using GitHub actions as of late 2021.

https://github.com/google/sagetv/com...c44e7330c3a734
Old 03-04-2023, 06:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Travis is no longer in use. The builds happen using GitHub actions as of late 2021.

https://github.com/google/sagetv/com...c44e7330c3a734
Do you mean the sagetv builds? I was aware of that. But I do not believe the OpenSageTV repository builds have been moved from Travis CI to actions. Once I had Travis CI support add credits then the V9 repo built but prior to that the pull request did not cause any actions to be performed.

k
Old 03-04-2023, 08:54 AM
Sage User

Jetty Web Server installed without errors. Now to install web apps.
Thank You for your time and effort.
Tom D
Old 03-04-2023, 10:46 AM
Sage User

Several of the SageTV Web Apps are trying to use http://download.sage.tv/plugins/ addresses and failing. Which file updates the plugin pointers and where can I download it from?
Apps failing; Batch Metadata Tools, SageAlert, SageTV Web Interface, SageTV Swagger based API Docs, also tried Phoenix Core Services