SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 03-04-2023, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Do you mean the sagetv builds? I was aware of that. But I do not believe the OpenSageTV repository builds have been moved from Travis CI to actions. Once I had Travis CI support add credits then the V9 repo built but prior to that the pull request did not cause any actions to be performed.

k
Sorry, I misunderstood that you were referring to the plug-in repo.
Old 03-05-2023, 06:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnjj View Post
Sorry, I misunderstood that you were referring to the plug-in repo.
No problem. It is a good idea to move the repo build process to GitHub actions too.

k
Old 03-05-2023, 11:43 AM
Sage User

Web server client plugin install failures

Original troubleshooting faulty! Was able to access downloads via Google after disabling non secure download block. so have zip files in download directory. SageTV Plugin install still fails. attached log file section showing results. I see the directories in PluginInstallers, but sub directories do not match what I would expect to see - So I do not what I'm looking at. Or what to try next. Have zip files that failed but do not know how to manually install and not sure I want to try as my tech skills are showing their age
Tom D
Attached Files
File Type: txt Failed Batch Metadata Tools Plugin Install 3-5-2023.txt (12.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 03-05-2023, 02:38 PM
SageTVaholic

More of the same error...just other dependencies.

I will go thru the dependency list and update the version numbers where needed and let you know when I am done

k
Old 03-08-2023, 07:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdomm View Post
Original troubleshooting faulty! Was able to access downloads via Google after disabling non secure download block. so have zip files in download directory. SageTV Plugin install still fails. attached log file section showing results. I see the directories in PluginInstallers, but sub directories do not match what I would expect to see - So I do not what I'm looking at. Or what to try next. Have zip files that failed but do not know how to manually install and not sure I want to try as my tech skills are showing their age
Tom D
Fixed. There were 5 more dependencies that required fixing related to phoenix-core/api which bmt and a few others use.

Let me know the results.

k
Old 03-08-2023, 11:56 AM
Sage Expert

BMT and Jetty "Not Compatable" on my Windows 11 Sagetv Server?

Running v9.2.6.976 (64) Updated my SageTV server to Windows 11 the other day and they say they are not compatible. Dialog boxes say the same.

I was able to install them on my other SageTV server (same version) when it was Windows 10, after upgrading to v11 they still work.

Trying to get them installed on my Motorhomes SageTV machine getting it ready for a long summer trip to Alaska.

-Bill
Old 03-08-2023, 12:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
Running v9.2.6.976 (64) Updated my SageTV server to Windows 11 the other day and they say they are not compatible. Dialog boxes say the same.

I was able to install them on my other SageTV server (same version) when it was Windows 10, after upgrading to v11 they still work.

Trying to get them installed on my Motorhomes SageTV machine getting it ready for a long summer trip to Alaska.

-Bill
Can you post the SageTV log as it may give me direction.

k
Old 03-08-2023, 05:17 PM
Sage Expert

Here is the full sage0.txt file after restarting the service and looking at the plugins immediately to see if I could install. There are no error in the interface. They both just say not compatible. I did open the plugin detail and each have the "Compatible: NO (No in Yellow) Maybe just a bit needs to be set?

Last edited by bigbill; 03-09-2023 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-08-2023, 08:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

-Bill
The issue is related to the repo changes I made over the last few days to resolve the other issue posted here to force some of the plugin dependencies to use the v9 repo as the link in the v7 repo is HTTP and HTTP is not supported now.

So it is NOT related to Windows 11... I have tested and see the issue on a new Win11 server I created to test and on a Win10 server I test with.

I need a little time to dig in but likely I need to update a number of plugins that have a dependency on the 6 library plugins I updated. I was avoiding that as all users will be told there is an update where there really will not be any difference...just the file location changed...but I don't think I can avoid that to make sure new installs work.

I will dig in further tomorrow morning and see what I can find.

k
Old 03-09-2023, 06:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

-Bill
This issue is now resolved. Please let me know the results.

k
Old 03-09-2023, 09:52 AM
Sage Expert

Nice, it installed and I can get to the BMT web interface! Thank You for fixing that so quickly!!! -Bill
Old 03-09-2023, 02:13 PM
Sage User

OK. Batch Metadata Tools went in. the other web plugins are still failing; Sage Alert, SageTV Web Interface, and SageTV Swagger based API docs, still giving me the same error "403". These maybe part of the 5 dependencies you mentioned.
Thank You for keeping SageTV running!!
Old 03-09-2023, 10:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
OK. Batch Metadata Tools went in. the other web plugins are still failing; Sage Alert, SageTV Web Interface, and SageTV Swagger based API docs, still giving me the same error "403". These maybe part of the 5 dependencies you mentioned.
I will review those. One thing to try would be to rename the sagetvplugins.xml file to something else if it exists and restart SageTV. As it no longer downloads that file to will force SageTV to use the v9 repo.

k
Old 03-10-2023, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I created a fresh install and was able to install and load each of the plugins you mention. I will need to see the logs after you try to install to better understand the issue you are describing as I cannot recreate it.

k
Old 03-11-2023, 11:36 AM
Sage User

What I'm trying to accomplish is giving the wife SageTV access via her Apple Macbook while out of country. I had PlaceShifter working (most of the time) from my Win10 laptop. I won't be going with her next trip, so was hoping to get the web browser working. I do not find a PlaceShifter for the Mac. So the 'SageTV Web Interface' is what I think I need, not the sage management apps.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (294.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 03-11-2023, 03:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What I'm trying to accomplish is giving the wife SageTV access via her Apple Macbook while out of country. I had PlaceShifter working (most of the time) from my Win10 laptop. I won't be going with her next trip, so was hoping to get the web browser working. I do not find a PlaceShifter for the Mac. So the 'SageTV Web Interface' is what I think I need, not the sage management apps.
There was another dependency for the web interface that was faling for sagexmlinfo plugin. I have fixed that one too.

Try again and report back.

k
Old 03-12-2023, 08:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
On a Mac device (or iOS), look for Air VideoHD or Jellyfin. That’s what I watch Sage material with on my iPad. For viewing only though, not for setting up recordings, etc. SageTV Web Interface for those functions…
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 03-12-2023 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-12-2023, 10:20 AM
Sage User

It went in with no problem. The problem is the wife is a Luddite. She knows the Sage interface. She barely works the Macbook and Roku interfaces. The Sage Web interface might work for me but no way for the wife. Thank You for the effort in fixing the installs. And I will play with them but off to checkout the iOS apps tvmaster2 mentioned. I will keep donating to your Patreon effort, I'm retired so cann't do much but will do.
Old 03-12-2023, 12:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It went in with no problem. The problem is the wife is a Luddite. She knows the Sage interface. She barely works the Macbook and Roku interfaces. The Sage Web interface might work for me but no way for the wife. Thank You for the effort in fixing the installs. And I will play with them but off to checkout the iOS apps tvmaster2 mentioned. I will keep donating to your Patreon effort, I'm retired so cann't do much but will do.
I am not a Mac person but is Wine still a thing to run windows apps?

And thanks for the support.

k
Old 05-09-2023, 10:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Watch via VLC from clicking file link problem

This is a minor problem, but under previous version(s) of Jetty I could
  1. Open up the Detailed Information panel for a recording
  2. right-mouse click the filename path
  3. Choose open with VLC (I think I did something to enable that)
  4. Watch the video, from SageTV, in VLC

With the current version, it has never worked. VLC generates the following messages in its logging
access error: HTTP 404 error
http error: error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

The link it is trying to open looks something like this:
http://myservername:8080/sage/public...7726&Segment=0

I have looked at logs and configuration and wondering if its a Java 11 thing, or something I might have done.

Does anyone have any ideas?
All in lovely Drexel Hill, PA