SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-30-2004, 12:13 AM
Sage Icon

Ch 3, page 60. Padding:

Does the sage.properties > remove_padding_on_back_to_back_favorites=true
mean favorites on the same channel, or any favorites?

Tonight, several higher priority favorites on channel 86 recorded back to back just fine, but the last one from 9pm-10pm on channel 86 kept its end padding (1 minute late), thus cutting into a lower priority favorite on a different channel 84 and causing it to start recording at 10:01pm.

I'm wondering if back to back only refers to same channel?

Ch 3, page 61. Recording quality.

Does this override the default recording quality in Detailed Setup > Multimedia ?

It seems like it should if in Sage.properties > scheduler/enforce_qualities_in_schedule=true

But I think mine is still recording with the default quality setting (I'll test it some more).

Last edited by korben_dallas; 11-30-2004 at 12:17 AM. Reason: edit
Old 11-30-2004, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas
Does the sage.properties > remove_padding_on_back_to_back_favorites=true
mean favorites on the same channel, or any favorites?

I'm wondering if back to back only refers to same channel?
Same channel only... see p. 179, where that property is listed.

Quote:
Ch 3, page 61. Recording quality.

Does this override the default recording quality in Detailed Setup > Multimedia ?
Yes. This is the recording quality that MUST be used for the favorite. Look at the Recording Detail screen to see what quality was used when a show was recorded. If it doesn't match, maybe it qualifies under a different fav?

Quote:
It seems like it should if in Sage.properties > scheduler/enforce_qualities_in_schedule=true
I'm not sure what that does; it isn't one of the documented properties. Now you got me curious...

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:50 PM
Sage Expert

Talking Just a bit of Feedback....

Excellent JOB!!

It would be nice, if Frey could get this into print and have a manual printed up for us.

I for one can't look at a screen and read, or lay down on the couch to read either.....and my eyes hurt after a short while.

Printing the PDF takes time and leavs us with a huge book size wise to contend with and bind. Again the reading in bed factor is quite low.

A nice thick printed manual about 6x8 would be awesome and a welcome addin to the "SAGE 2.0 retail box" when it gets to that point. I'd pay for a bound copy as well.

I saw BEYOND TV at a computer store chain....and thought.....when is Sage gonna be there? For the Prce point, function and WITH a manual, you could kick some Snapstream butt....

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 11-30-2004, 05:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Andy,

Not sure if anyone mentioned this before (didn't see it in this thread), but is it possible to remove the protection from the PDF file that currently prevents copy-pasting certain text from this manual into another text document ?

On multiple occasions, while quoting some Sage property in a forum post or e-mail, I opened the manual PDF hoping to copy the exact name of the property ... only to find out that the PDF is protected and doesn't allow copy-pasting text from the file

If you don't want to open up the entire file, is it at least possible to remove this restriction from "Appendix A" where all Sage properties are listed ?

Thanks in advance !
Old 11-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Administrator

sudipto: sorry, that is currently like that by design & I don't believe I can turn it off for a single section with the tools I have. There is a text file on the SageTV Configuration page that lists the properties, but I don't think it has all the latest documented properties.

More details regarding the scheduler/enforce_qualities_in_schedule property:
  • true: The recording quality specified for a Manual Recording or a Favorite must be used. It will not record if an encoder which can use the setting is not available.

• false: The Manual Recording/Favorite will be scheduled on any available encoder. If that encoder can use the specified quality, that setting will be used; otherwise, it will be recorded using the encoder's default recording quality.
- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.