SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Take a closer look at that icon and I'll bet it is a TV with a red dot in it (a recording icon), and in fact not a conflict icon which would have a "!" in it instead of a red dot.

That recording icon is a feature that I believe was in malore's STV and has confused several people before. Anyway, it's just showing that something is currently being recorded (in your case the LiveTV show you were watching).

You'd have to look at the information on malore's web page and compare it to the information about a conflict icon in the SageTV manual to see the difference between them.
Good point, I've been using the two icons for so long now I forgot it wasn't a stock feature. When he said "conflict" icon, I never even thought about the "record" icon which of course will be on any time your in LiveTV.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:03 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
-the music jukebox does not work for me. I am using the bver2. Basically, if I click on a song, it starts playing, but then if I try to go to a visualization screen, it starts to skip and freeze. I reverted back to the original STV and wasn't having this problem.
Have you tried this again in the "C" version?
Old 11-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Sage Expert

bug:

-if i change a channel by inputting a channel number, the number doesn't show up anywhere. If I type numbers, the top info box shows up but I don't see numbers. maybe i'm just missing something (its a little cut off on my tiny television screen
Old 11-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Sage Icon

Here is something I'd like to see. In the Malore view of SageTV Recordings I always Group by: Title and Sort by: Newest First. It automatically sorts the left pane alphabetically when I'd actually like to see it sort by newest on the left as well. I think it would be cool if the left pane had all the sort options the right pane has.
Do you think you can do this Carlo?
Old 11-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Sage Expert

-I am still having the same problem with songs in this version. I click on a song and I start to hear it, but if I got ot the visualization screen, it starts to freeze adn get jumpy. Somethign similar happens with some imported video files. And somewhat strange, it doenst' ahppen with anything that I compressed to divx, but it happens with EVERY other video file. These video and mp3 files are local so thats not the issue. Also, the problem goes away if I use the original STV

-Also, I found a bug where if I go to the "InterleavedSchedules by Cayars" screen, and I try to change from Interleaved, to Parallel, it doesn't work.

And, after browins through your screens, I noticed some Theme pages. might this be in the works?
Old 11-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
It automatically sorts the left pane alphabetically when I'd actually like to see it sort by newest on the left as well.
I dont' know how attached you are to malore's recording screen but mlbdude's recording screen actually has this behavior. it also has a decent number of sort features.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Sage User

Carlo - I did not have a chance to resolve this until just now. Everything is as it should be. Again, thank you for the assistance but more importantly, WOW! This is amazing. You've taken a great product from Sage, a few nifty features created by others, a splash of creativity of your own and put together a very amazing, very useful multimedia product. I'm now more encouraged then ever to setup a dedicated HTPC and start using this as a distributed multimedia front end on my home network.

I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next. Oh, and where to we send our $$ contributions?

Regards,
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Exit out of Sage completely. Then open sage.properties and/or sageclient.properties and modify the entry "wizard/widget_db_file". Change the STV file name at the end of that line to the name of my current STV file (i.e. CayarsV21Cr2.stv) and save the properties file. Then restart Sage and everything will be in sync again.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Sage Expert

is the link on the first page down?
Old 11-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Carlo,

I too have found the link to ...tcw.net to be down. Also, I found that there is no way out of the IMDB search results page that you get to form the link on the Sage Recordings detail info page.

There may be other pages that don't have an exit path which means you have to bail out of Sage the hard way!

Thanks for looking at this (or am I missing something).

Lynn
Old 11-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber
Carlo,

I too have found the link to ...tcw.net to be down. Also, I found that there is no way out of the IMDB search results page that you get to form the link on the Sage Recordings detail info page.

There may be other pages that don't have an exit path which means you have to bail out of Sage the hard way!

Lynn
Until he comes up with something else... Left on remote, or Alt-Left Arrow on the keyboard should take you back, or the Home key will take you further back out.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was playing with the settings in detailed setup/enhanced osd options

and i disabled bind mini-guide comand in osd and now it wont let me enable it again

is this in the sage properties file ???
Old 11-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Ya, I to noticed there was a problem with that before, but thought it was fixed in last release. Maybe not. Anyway, yes changing this line to "true" in the properties file should put it back:

Cayars/bind_mini_guide=false

Be sure to completely shut down SageTV (and the Service also if you're running it) before making any changes to the properties file.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks is it always supposed to start at channel 2 or the channel you are watching ??
Old 11-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Carlo,

Lynn
I'm just now getting into making changes to other people's code. Keep the issues coming and I'll take care of them as I go. Left arrow or home key should do for now.

The provider where I have TCW hosted is having connectivity issues at present. I was told it will be up when it's up. <-- nice to tell a customer that!
Old 11-03-2004, 05:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson
Thanks is it always supposed to start at channel 2 or the channel you are watching ??
The original one in Mlbdude2 would start at the channel you are currently watching. Cayars starts at the bottom channel (ch. 2 in your case).

I'm not sure which way I like it to start out though. Sometimes was nice it started where I was, but other times I wanted to start at the beginning or end channel to look thru the whole list.

I haven't bothered asking about changing that part since I really don't know which way I'd want it to work anyway. So, for not it's ok as it is I guess since that's only the first time you call it up. After that it stays wherever you left off looking thru the listing (or at least until you close LiveTV, then I think it starts at the bottom again the next time... not sure, haven't paid attention).

Last edited by mls; 11-03-2004 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Until he comes up with something else... Left on remote, or Alt-Left Arrow on the keyboard should take you back, or the Home key will take you further back out.
None of this is working for me on the Weather Suite screen. I guess I have missed out on the detail of why there is no Sage logo (or similar) that links to backing up a screen.

Thanks for the response,

Lynn
Old 11-03-2004, 06:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinyD
I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next. Oh, and where to we send our $$ contributions?

Regards,
David
For "D" I've combined the functionality of Recordings and Archives into one module where you can "filter" on "Non Archived", "Archived" or "All". I've added a couple of little things here and there and made a few bug fixes but I'm running out of ideas for new things.

Keep up the list of problems so I can fix them and let me know of other ideas!

Concerning the $$. I'll leave that for another time. I could set something up via paypal if people feel like contributing. I'd feel compelled to split this up with some of the other guys who have made parts of this STV possible. It may not be worth doing so I'll leave it for another time.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
The original one in Mlbdude2 would start at the channel you are currently watching. Cayars starts at the bottom channel (ch. 2 in your case).

I'm not sure which way I like it to start out though. Sometimes was nice it started where I was, but other times I wanted to start at the beginning or end channel to look thru the whole list.

I haven't bothered asking about changing that part since I really don't know which way I'd want it to work anyway. So, for not it's ok as it is I guess since that's only the first time you call it up. After that it stays wherever you left off looking thru the listing (or at least until you close LiveTV, then I think it starts at the bottom again the next time... not sure, haven't paid attention).
I couldn't decide which way I wanted to code it and I figured it would be easier and probably less confusing to start at the first channel. When I get back to making changes to the mini-guide I could probably make this configurable.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
None of this is working for me on the Weather Suite screen. I guess I have missed out on the detail of why there is no Sage logo (or similar) that links to backing up a screen.

Thanks for the response,

Lynn
Alt+Left Arrow keys should back you out of the Weather Suite. However, for the keyboard keys to work it must be the active window or screen on the task bar. Think the Home key should work as well, but haven't tried on that screen.

Not sure why the Sage logo isn't on some screens to use with a mouse to get back out of things.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Thanks for the response,

Lynn
If you wouldn't mind. Make a list of all the screens that don't have the back arror functionality and I'll fix them up.