SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
What I'm surprised no one has asked for is the ability to have CC data turned off by default. Then if a user hits mute, turn CC data on, hit mute again and sound comes back and CC is turned off.
My TV does that.

t
Old 01-09-2005, 12:31 AM
Sage User

Enabling external video player other than wmp10?

Cayars,
I am very impressed with your labor of love.I am a recent Sage convert. After toying with meedio, mce2005, etc. for awhile I am able to fully appreciate this interface especially with your excellent htpc front end enhancements. However, I need to call an external player (PowerDVD 6) due to multiple audio streams in imported mpg's that I play. If I change the setting to external player it calls up windows media player 10 even though all file associations point to powerdvd. Is there anyway I can force it to run or shell off to powerdvd 6 like I can in meedio?

Thanks for any ideas offered.

jzaman
Old 01-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Sage Icon

Yes. Edit the VideoPlayer.cmd file found in the following directory off the SageTV directory: STVs/OriginalV2/Cayars/External

The STV calls this external cmd file and passes in the filename. Just change this to point to your program. You can add any addition command line switches you want and use the %1 in place of the filename. In the WMP example that is there I also pass "/fullscreen /prefetch:1" command line args which you probably don't need.

BTW, in version 16 if you have the external player enabled it will always be used for all video types including live TV. In the next version you have more control over this and tell it to only use the external player for types that aren't native to SageTV as well as always use it.

Carlo

Last edited by Cayars; 01-09-2005 at 01:24 AM.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

What about custom colouring/ custom category to be coloured?

So you could enter a different category to be coloured.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Sage User

Cayars,

Powerdvd 6 works better as the video player but lags behind the native sage tv player with on air viewing. Until there is a separate setup routine for TV viewing, I can enable and disable the external video player as needed. Overall, this interface, in my humble opinion, rivals mce2005 and meedio in speed, flexibility, and of course streaming. Very smart...Thanks!
Old 01-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Here some info from a small test file I've been using. All my "test" recordings are "DVD Standard" but I thought I tested against the other 2 "DVD" profiles too. I'll set up a couple of test recordings and try it.

This is a file that does work on my system recorded in DVD Standard
Mpeg 2 Program Stream File [Video/Audio]
Muxrate : 10.12 Mbps
Estimated Duration: 16:20:08.91s
Aspect ratio 4/3 (TV)
Interlaced, chroma format: 4:2:0
Size [720 x 480] 29.97 fps 8.00 Mbps
Audio : Mpeg 1 layer 2
384 kbps 48000 Hz
Stereo, No emphasis
OK, let me know how ELP works for you, our output looks exactly the same from an audio perspective only the video stream is different 4.4mbps vs. 8mbps which makes perfect sense. Both are 48khz 384kbps

Thanks for your time.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Sage Expert

ive tried my best to read through the whole of the thread and do searches but i still don't see an answer to what the REgistration Key is for (or how it can be purchased) for the DVD burning?

Apparantly I can only burn 2 files to a DVD without compression but it seems like some people are already able to burn more than that. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I just tried to burn a dvd in ISO mode and was wondering where the files are supposed to end up. Would it be in the temp directory?

EDIT2: I guess I'm having trouble finding the ISO because i6t was never written. After running in debug mode, I noticed that it demuxes fine but everything else just goes really fast, so I'm assuming it doesn't actually execute the commands. Is there something further I can do to debug this problem?

Last edited by abasu2003; 01-09-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzaman
Cayars,

Powerdvd 6 works better as the video player but lags behind the native sage tv player with on air viewing. Until there is a separate setup routine for TV viewing, I can enable and disable the external video player as needed. Overall, this interface, in my humble opinion, rivals mce2005 and meedio in speed, flexibility, and of course streaming. Very smart...Thanks!
The external player support can be very useful in a couple of situations that some people might not have thought about. Most people think of using for adding "additional" file types but there is another advantage for some people.

Simple example: Let say you have a computer with shared drives in your network (A) and you have another computer acting as your SageTV server (B) and a client computer (C). Let suppose there is a show presently stored on (A) and you are sitting at the client (C) about to play the file.

Normal SageTV behavior would be to have the SageTV server (B) read the file from the storage drive located on (A). It would then stream this file to the client (C). In this situation you are using twice the network bandwidth of the file itself and SageTV is doing work.

Using the external player the SageTV Client (C) would know the file is located on (A) and would simple access the file directly without any burden on the sageTV server. This saves bandwidth and if using a wireless network also helps a lot at times.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

Comskip not showing in OSD

Carlo,

I re-installed Client on a PC and it will not show me comskip purple bars in the OSD.

I know the files have been comskipped, becuase they work on the other two PCs (show purple bars).

I have checked the following:

Setup->Use OSD Auto-skip = Enabled
Setup->Interface->OSD->Show Comskip Options = Enabled

What am I missing here?

Stacy
Old 01-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
ive tried my best to read through the whole of the thread and do searches but i still don't see an answer to what the REgistration Key is for (or how it can be purchased) for the DVD burning?

Apparantly I can only burn 2 files to a DVD without compression but it seems like some people are already able to burn more than that. Am I missing something?

EDIT: I just tried to burn a dvd in ISO mode and was wondering where the files are supposed to end up. Would it be in the temp directory?

EDIT2: I guess I'm having trouble finding the ISO because i6t was never written. After running in debug mode, I noticed that it demuxes fine but everything else just goes really fast, so I'm assuming it doesn't actually execute the commands. Is there something further I can do to debug this problem?
Read back a few pages and follow the instructions given to piccone as this would probably be the same thing he is seeing.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Carlo,

I re-installed Client on a PC and it will not show me comskip purple bars in the OSD.

I know the files have been comskipped, becuase they work on the other two PCs (show purple bars).

I have checked the following:

Setup->Use OSD Auto-skip = Enabled
Setup->Interface->OSD->Show Comskip Options = Enabled

What am I missing here?

Stacy
The code used for reading the OSD needs to be able to find it on the network using traditional drive mappings or UNC paths. So the client would need to be able to open the file the same as the server drive wise. I hope that made sense.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Sage Expert

I'll try manually executing the command lines and report back.

Also, any information on the Registration Key? Is it possible to use the Compression feature yet?
Old 01-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The code used for reading the OSD needs to be able to find it on the network using traditional drive mappings or UNC paths. So the client would need to be able to open the file the same as the server drive wise. I hope that made sense.
On the server, the place for SageTV recordings is g:\sagetv recordings

The Client PC also has drive G: as a mapped drive to the server's G: drive. Same exact directory structure.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: THAT'S spooky. I went into setup and checked the recordings settings, and it said G:\SageTV recordings. So I just entered it again and now, the purple lines show up......

Maybe a little bug?

Thanks,

Stacy

Stacy
Old 01-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Sage Expert

I am getting the exact same results as pciccone. Here is the mpgtx info for the file I am using:

Muxrate : 9.04 Mbps
Estimated Duration: 09:43:08.76s
Aspect ratio 4/3 (TV)
Not interlaced, chroma format: 4:2:0
Size [720 x 480] 29.97 fps 7.04 Mbps
80 kbps 44100 Hz
Mono, Emphasis CCITT J 17

I get the same error when I do the next step:

INFO: [???] mplex version 2.2.2 ($Date: 2003/05/13 20
INFO: [???] File d:\TEMP\title1-0.m2v looks like an M
**ERROR: [???] File d:\TEMP\title1-0.mp2 unrecogniseable
**ERROR: [???] Unrecogniseable file(s)... exiting.

Any new ideas?

EDIT:
I used DVD Standard Play to record these. And 80kbps seems low but I'm wondering why it would have encoded at that to begin with. Is there a place in Sage (or elsewhere) to change that?

Last edited by abasu2003; 01-09-2005 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Sage Icon

srothwell, your computer knew I was about to "fix" it with my hammer and decided to get with the program.

Honestly, I've never seen this before. The local client just access the .txt file directly outside of SageTV APIs via java calls so as long as the file can be found it should work.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I am getting the exact same results as pciccone. Here is the mpgtx info for the file I am using:

Muxrate : 9.04 Mbps
Estimated Duration: 09:43:08.76s
Aspect ratio 4/3 (TV)
Not interlaced, chroma format: 4:2:0
Size [720 x 480] 29.97 fps 7.04 Mbps
80 kbps 44100 Hz
Mono, Emphasis CCITT J 17

I get the same error when I do the next step:

INFO: [???] mplex version 2.2.2 ($Date: 2003/05/13 20
INFO: [???] File d:\TEMP\title1-0.m2v looks like an M
**ERROR: [???] File d:\TEMP\title1-0.mp2 unrecogniseable
**ERROR: [???] Unrecogniseable file(s)... exiting.

Any new ideas?
This one is easy. Your audio isn't DVD compliant so it's not going to work.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'll try manually executing the command lines and report back.

Also, any information on the Registration Key? Is it possible to use the Compression feature yet?
Compression already works. There will be two modes of operation depending on the registration key entered. Right now everything is running in a "registered" mode.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Sage Expert

is there a way to guarentee that my capture card encodes my audio to a DVD compliant setting?
Old 01-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Sage Icon

It should if you use a recording type with the word "DVD" in the title.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Sage Icon

Wow 2000 messages