SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Wow 2000 messages
And now 2000 replies.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
BTW, I've never seen this any where before, have you?

What I'm surprised no one has asked for is the ability to have CC data turned off by default. Then if a user hits mute, turn CC data on, hit mute again and sound comes back and CC is turned off.

Several TV's have hardware implimentation of this, basically an op-amp circuit in the pre-amplified audio signal that uses a comparitor to attenuate and boost the signal based on a common input or set point, then this signal goes to the Tv's amplifier. The trouble for us tinkerers is finding this circuit and modifying the actual circuit boards of our TV's.

I think this can be done using software, and if sage does it, I think it could be a good selling point! By using the same info for comerciall skip, when it senses the comercial, to automatically lower the volume by a user defined amount, unless an algorhthym could be developed to monitor audio output and constantly check and change the output. I doubt it. But simply lowering the volume during comercials will be a blessing.

I woulds suggest this control work oposite of com-skip, and be defeatable as well as adjustable, were "0" would be the windows current volume and "-x" would be a percentage below that, down to the point of MUTE.

Though I enjoy com-skip, and it works well on my system, I know I watch live Tv a lot while doing other thingsw like pay bills and I constantly have to stop and turn down the comercials and then raise the volume when the show comes on. My wife set the volume fairly low so she can go to sleep watching the CMT channel.....loud comercials wake her up. CMT just annoys me.

As far as CC comming on during mute, that would be a good feature for many as well, but I have to switch to a less than desireable video filter than SONIC to get it, so I don''t use it as often as I use to.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's

Last edited by broderp; 01-09-2005 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Sage Expert

Ok, found another dvd compliant mpg:

Mpeg 2 Program Stream File [Video/Audio]
Muxrate : 9.04 Mbps
Estimated Duration: 05:47:11.71s
Aspect ratio 4/3 (TV)
Not interlaced, chroma format: 4:2:0
Size [720 x 480] 29.97 fps 7.04 Mbps
Audio : Mpeg 1 layer 2
384 kbps 48000 Hz
Stereo, No emphasis

Then I ran the mplex -f 8 -o "d:\temp\title1.vob" "d:\temp\title1-0.m2v" "d:\temp\title1-0.mp2" command and it output:

INFO: [???] mplex version 2.2.2 ($Date: 2003/05/13 20:27:15 $)
INFO: [???] File d:\temp\title1-0.m2v looks like an MPEG Video stream.
INFO: [???] File d:\temp\title1-0.mp2 looks like an MPEG Audio stream.
INFO: [???] Video stream 0: profile 8 selected - ignoring non-standard optio
s!
INFO: [???] Found 1 audio streams and 1 video streams
INFO: [???] Selecting dvdauthor DVD output profile
INFO: [???] Multiplexing video program stream!
INFO: [???] Scanning for header info: Video stream e0 (d:\temp\title1-0.m2v)

INFO: [???] VIDEO STREAM: e0
INFO: [???] Frame width : 720
INFO: [???] Frame height : 480
INFO: [???] Aspect ratio : 4:3 display
INFO: [???] Picture rate : 29.970 frames/sec
INFO: [???] Bit rate : 7040000 bits/sec
INFO: [???] Vbv buffer size : 229376 bytes
INFO: [???] CSPF : 0
INFO: [???] Scanning for header info: Audio stream c0 (d:\temp\title1-0.mp2)
INFO: [???] MPEG AUDIO STREAM: c0
INFO: [???] Audio version : 1.0
INFO: [???] Layer : 2
INFO: [???] CRC checksums : no
INFO: [???] Bit rate : 49152 bytes/sec (384 kbit/sec)
INFO: [???] Frequency : 48000 Hz
INFO: [???] Mode : 0 stereo
INFO: [???] Mode extension : 0
INFO: [???] Copyright bit : 0 no copyright
INFO: [???] Original/Copy : 0 copy
INFO: [???] Emphasis : 0 none
INFO: [???] SYSTEMS/PROGRAM stream:
INFO: [???] rough-guess multiplexed stream data rate : 7545944
INFO: [???] target data-rate specified : 10080000
INFO: [???] Setting specified specified data rate: 10080000
INFO: [???] Run-in Sectors = 89 Video delay = 13019 Audio delay = 0
INFO: [???] New sequence commences...
INFO: [???] Video e0: buf= 237568 frame=000000 sector=00000000
INFO: [???] Audio c0: buf= 4096 frame=000000 sector=00000000

EDIT: It finished creating the file. Whats the next command. (I actually did try to run the burn command through sage on this compliant file and still got some error because it did not produce a DVD file)

Last edited by abasu2003; 01-09-2005 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Pics please. I think this will help.
call me stupid, but how do you post a pic? Some forums let me link the file from my HD, this one asks for and HTTP address? I don't have space on the web for pics.

Basiclally my issue is that pressing my GUIDE button on the remote using version 16, pauses my video and goes to the guide with my currently selected background image.

Ver 14 continued to play the video as the background image.

Let me know about uploading pics...is there a spot on tis forum?

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Sage User

Problem Mounting .CUE files

Originally Posted by BerrantRyke
-support for SVCD's (ie. i place a .iso or bin/cue in a folder in my video library and am able to play it like I can a mpg or divx file and ,yea I know its a pipe dream, the ability to drop a burned SVCD into the DVD drive and play the sucker from inside sage negating the need to play with an external player)

Cayars response:
Another Great Idea. So great in fact I already added this functionality in version 16 of the Cayars STV. I'll bet you'll be upgrading after reading this.
It supports the following image types: CUE, BIN, ISO, CCD, BWT, MDS, CDI, NRG, PDI, B5T. You need to install the freeware Daemon Tools package if you don't already have it installed. My STV will automatically manage the process for you. The mounting process becomes transparent to you. It will auto mount your disc and begin playback directly in SageTV or it can use a 3rd party program (i.e. PowerDVD, WinDVD, WMP, etc) which is configurable in detailed setup.

ATTN: Cayars

1st of all -- great job on the add-on for Sage! I looked a number of PC PVR options and feel Sage is one of the best I've seen (and your additions have made it even better). I've been a "Hacked" Tivo user for almost 3 years. But, I like the Sage Concept for viewing DVDs I've DVDShrunk and other things I have in Divx format. I think it will have a high WAF also

As referenced in the quotes above...I have Daemon tools installed and it works great for .ISO files but I get a Sage error when I try to play .CUE files:

"There was a Payback Eror in playback. Details: sage.PLaybackException: ERROR (-4,0x80040111): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback"

If I look at my Daemon icon in the tool tray, it has not mounted the .CUE file. I am able to mount it manually without any trouble. BTW, when I play an .ISO file, it mounts automatically and plays perfectly in Sage.

In order for these file types to show up in the Imported Video area, I went into detailed setup under Multimedia and added .CUE and .ISO to the Library File Extensions. Is there something I did wrong? Is there a TXT file I can edit to tell your add-in app to use Daemon with the .CUE type?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Steve
Old 01-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Wow 2000 messages
I was wondering who would get that number. I didn't post it on purpose.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
call me stupid, but how do you post a pic? Some forums let me link the file from my HD, this one asks for and HTTP address? I don't have space on the web for pics.

Basiclally my issue is that pressing my GUIDE button on the remote using version 16, pauses my video and goes to the guide with my currently selected background image.

Ver 14 continued to play the video as the background image.

Let me know about uploading pics...is there a spot on tis forum?
I'll PM you on this.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Ok, found another dvd compliant mpg:

Mpeg 2 Program Stream File [Video/Audio]
Muxrate : 9.04 Mbps
Estimated Duration: 05:47:11.71s
Aspect ratio 4/3 (TV)
Not interlaced, chroma format: 4:2:0
Size [720 x 480] 29.97 fps 7.04 Mbps
Audio : Mpeg 1 layer 2
384 kbps 48000 Hz
Stereo, No emphasis

Then I ran the mplex -f 8 -o "d:\temp\title1.vob" "d:\temp\title1-0.m2v" "d:\temp\title1-0.mp2" command and it output:

INFO: [???] mplex version 2.2.2 ($Date: 2003/05/13 20:27:15 $)
INFO: [???] File d:\temp\title1-0.m2v looks like an MPEG Video stream.
INFO: [???] File d:\temp\title1-0.mp2 looks like an MPEG Audio stream.
INFO: [???] Video stream 0: profile 8 selected - ignoring non-standard optio
s!
INFO: [???] Found 1 audio streams and 1 video streams
INFO: [???] Selecting dvdauthor DVD output profile
INFO: [???] Multiplexing video program stream!
INFO: [???] Scanning for header info: Video stream e0 (d:\temp\title1-0.m2v)

INFO: [???] VIDEO STREAM: e0
INFO: [???] Frame width : 720
INFO: [???] Frame height : 480
INFO: [???] Aspect ratio : 4:3 display
INFO: [???] Picture rate : 29.970 frames/sec
INFO: [???] Bit rate : 7040000 bits/sec
INFO: [???] Vbv buffer size : 229376 bytes
INFO: [???] CSPF : 0
INFO: [???] Scanning for header info: Audio stream c0 (d:\temp\title1-0.mp2)
INFO: [???] MPEG AUDIO STREAM: c0
INFO: [???] Audio version : 1.0
INFO: [???] Layer : 2
INFO: [???] CRC checksums : no
INFO: [???] Bit rate : 49152 bytes/sec (384 kbit/sec)
INFO: [???] Frequency : 48000 Hz
INFO: [???] Mode : 0 stereo
INFO: [???] Mode extension : 0
INFO: [???] Copyright bit : 0 no copyright
INFO: [???] Original/Copy : 0 copy
INFO: [???] Emphasis : 0 none
INFO: [???] SYSTEMS/PROGRAM stream:
INFO: [???] rough-guess multiplexed stream data rate : 7545944
INFO: [???] target data-rate specified : 10080000
INFO: [???] Setting specified specified data rate: 10080000
INFO: [???] Run-in Sectors = 89 Video delay = 13019 Audio delay = 0
INFO: [???] New sequence commences...
INFO: [???] Video e0: buf= 237568 frame=000000 sector=00000000
INFO: [???] Audio c0: buf= 4096 frame=000000 sector=00000000

EDIT: It finished creating the file. Whats the next command. (I actually did try to run the burn command through sage on this compliant file and still got some error because it did not produce a DVD file)
It appears you will need to have compression turned on since the file size is larger then the DVD. Did you have this on?
Old 01-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehopper
Originally Posted by BerrantRyke
-support for SVCD's (ie. i place a .iso or bin/cue in a folder in my video library and am able to play it like I can a mpg or divx file and ,yea I know its a pipe dream, the ability to drop a burned SVCD into the DVD drive and play the sucker from inside sage negating the need to play with an external player)

Cayars response:
Another Great Idea. So great in fact I already added this functionality in version 16 of the Cayars STV. I'll bet you'll be upgrading after reading this.
It supports the following image types: CUE, BIN, ISO, CCD, BWT, MDS, CDI, NRG, PDI, B5T. You need to install the freeware Daemon Tools package if you don't already have it installed. My STV will automatically manage the process for you. The mounting process becomes transparent to you. It will auto mount your disc and begin playback directly in SageTV or it can use a 3rd party program (i.e. PowerDVD, WinDVD, WMP, etc) which is configurable in detailed setup.

ATTN: Cayars

1st of all -- great job on the add-on for Sage! I looked a number of PC PVR options and feel Sage is one of the best I've seen (and your additions have made it even better). I've been a "Hacked" Tivo user for almost 3 years. But, I like the Sage Concept for viewing DVDs I've DVDShrunk and other things I have in Divx format. I think it will have a high WAF also

As referenced in the quotes above...I have Daemon tools installed and it works great for .ISO files but I get a Sage error when I try to play .CUE files:

"There was a Payback Eror in playback. Details: sage.PLaybackException: ERROR (-4,0x80040111): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback"

If I look at my Daemon icon in the tool tray, it has not mounted the .CUE file. I am able to mount it manually without any trouble. BTW, when I play an .ISO file, it mounts automatically and plays perfectly in Sage.

In order for these file types to show up in the Imported Video area, I went into detailed setup under Multimedia and added .CUE and .ISO to the Library File Extensions. Is there something I did wrong? Is there a TXT file I can edit to tell your add-in app to use Daemon with the .CUE type?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Steve
Try changing the extension to lower case and refresh your media library. In the release you have it will only do lower case. I've added caps to the next version.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Sage Expert

i believe i did have compression on. How could you tell that the file size is larger than the DVD? The file itself is 2.7 GB (hour long show on DVD Standard Play). Does that convert to a DVD file thats larger than 4.7GB?

Alsok, I should point out that it looks like the same as before when using your program in that it remuxes fine, and I see it remux fine, but the next step goes by really quickly and it doesn't look like the next step executed is the "mplex -f -o" step since I never saw all that other stuff come up as when i manually did that.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

BTW, Thanks for this STV Cayars.
This is probably the only that gave me some hope for my HTPC .
I'm opening a Paypal account so expect to see a donation with your name on it some time soon.

I now only have 2 problems left with SageTV:
1. It sometimes crashes.
2. Can't get my PVR-150MCE to come out of S3 suspend.

Since none of these are nothing you can do about .
Thanks man, for this awesome STV.

I would only request Custom Category Colours. (custom colours, & custom categories you can set up, so even categories in my native language are colored.)

I know, I know... I posted this like 3 times already, but I never got an answer and chances are you overlooked it in these 2000+ posts .

But to round it up excellent job with the STV, keep it up.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Sage User

Thumbs up Many Thanks!

Many thanks for the great STV!

Although I've never posted anything, I've been following the development and have been using it since you began posting several months ago. This STV and the contributions of ideas, code and suggestions from others in the forum was the deciding factor for leaving TiVo to purchase SageTV. It has provided me with lots of enjoyment and learning experiences ( ). I'm sure it will continue to do so for a long time to come!

I'm sure I'll have some ideas and questions in the future. Until then, keep up the good work!
Old 01-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Sage Expert

carlo,

i just realized that i actually am not using the compression feature. Whenever I check compression enabled, it gives me this screen saying

Freeware Mode Restrictions:
Compression of DVD is not supported
Up to 2 files can be burned to DVD

I would save the screenshot but it doesn't seem to be working for that screen.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:59 AM
Sage Icon

Abasus2003, you have an older version of the DVDBurner.exe if you see this.

Don't bother looking for the newer one as I'm putting a new one up today with some other things too. I've been bouncing around on things but a few things should be released today!
Old 01-10-2005, 06:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methius
<snip>
I would only request Custom Category Colours. (custom colours, & custom categories you can set up, so even categories in my native language are colored.)

I know, I know... I posted this like 3 times already, but I never got an answer and chances are you overlooked it in these 2000+ posts .

But to round it up excellent job with the STV, keep it up.
Sorry, I did see it and I've added it to my list. It's down towards the bottom right now as other interface things are because I'd like to see what Sage 3.0 is/does before investing time in this. To do this will take a lot of EASY changes to the code. The changes are easy but finding them will be another story.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
i believe i did have compression on. How could you tell that the file size is larger than the DVD? The file itself is 2.7 GB (hour long show on DVD Standard Play). Does that convert to a DVD file thats larger than 4.7GB?

Alsok, I should point out that it looks like the same as before when using your program in that it remuxes fine, and I see it remux fine, but the next step goes by really quickly and it doesn't look like the next step executed is the "mplex -f -o" step since I never saw all that other stuff come up as when i manually did that.
I blew it. I looked at the bitrate and "read" file size. Stupid eyes!
Old 01-10-2005, 06:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Carlo,

I know this was mentioned 100 or 200 posts back, but I'm putting in my .2C also. Can you give us another option for deleting files? Having to select one of 4 options all the time is slow and cumbersome. I'd really like to see the old Delete where is was simply a delete Yes/No confirmation. I was thinking that you could add into Detailed Setting a "Use Enhanced Delete - Enable/Disable" feature. Enabled would leave the 4 option Delete, Disabled will give the original Yes/No delete. I'm delete Happy

thx

David
Old 01-10-2005, 07:21 AM
Sage Icon

I believe this is already in there Davey.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

must have missed it - where do I find it in the detailed setup??

thanks!
Old 01-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Sage Icon

Carlo, I am still having trouble getting the shows i select to add to the DVD list to show up. When I select a show to add to the burn list--it says something like the show is added. When i go to the DVD burn list---it is empty. A week ago i was able to get a show to show up in the list by restarting sage but that is not working now either. Nothing is being added. Is there any configurations that I need to check for this to work? I looked in the detailed setup screen and everything seems fine: DVD burner on D, compression enabled...
thanks
JUC