SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Changes functionalality of STOP command in OSD to go "Back" instead.
Can you explain the what/why of this one please?
Old 01-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Sage Icon

I'm concerned about this too... I like it the way it is now!

For instance, we know that if you don't STOP the video when using the MediaMVP and then wait before playing that you have a MUCH high chance of getting the 'stretched video' problem.

Maybe I just don't understand the change. I want it to execute a STOP commend, and go back to whatever menu I came from. That is what v16 seems to do, so why the change?

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Can you explain the what/why of this one please?
Old 01-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
Does this mean that if not VIP donator yet this beta will not be available to us? And if yes to first question which means no can't have it unless VIP, can a 2nd donation ADD to a previous donation amount to make the magic $25?
Correct & Correct.

I figure if I keep the next version in beta for about 6 months I'll have a lot of people on the VIP list.

You know of course I'm kidding about this part.
Old 01-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Sage Icon

I have no problem with that... Matt did the same thing with the Media MVP betas... He just didn't tell everyone. heh. Oops, did I say that out loud?

Jason Bottjen

Quote:
Correct & Correct.

I figure if I keep the next version in beta for about 6 months I'll have a lot of people on the VIP list.

You know of course I'm kidding about this part.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJoel
I'm concerned about this too... I like it the way it is now!

For instance, we know that if you don't STOP the video when using the MediaMVP and then wait before playing that you have a MUCH high chance of getting the 'stretched video' problem.

Maybe I just don't understand the change. I want it to execute a STOP commend, and go back to whatever menu I came from. That is what v16 seems to do, so why the change?

Jason
The way it works in 16 is that it closes the file and then goes to your Sage Recordings shortcut no matter where you played a file from and the new method will still close the file like it does in 16 but then basically issue a back command to return you to where you were before going into playing the file.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
The way it works in 16 is that it closes the file and then goes to your Sage Recordings shortcut no matter where you played a file from and the new method will still close the file like it does in 16 but then basically issue a back command to return you to where you were before going into playing the file.
Yup, just last night we were watching something in the Archives. When done Debi asked why it didn't go back to the Archive menu. Only answer was that's just the way it is. After 17beta is released later tonight I'll update then tell Debi I "fixed" it.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Sorry, I did see it and I've added it to my list. It's down towards the bottom right now as other interface things are because I'd like to see what Sage 3.0 is/does before investing time in this. To do this will take a lot of EASY changes to the code. The changes are easy but finding them will be another story.
You're the best.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quick note, I think someone else already mentioned this, but the scrolling/wrap around does not work in the detailed menu. What I mean is that if you go to the top of the list of menu items and keep clicking up it does not start at the bottom it just stops at the top. The same thing happens when going to the bottom of the list.

This feature works in all of the other screens.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I'm going to do beta releases a little differently from now on. Starting with this beta release I will be sending out emails to those on the VIP Donation list so they know where to download it from. Advanced releases will be a perk for VIP people.
When you say e-mail do you mean PM?
Old 01-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'm going to release a 17 beta later tonight (11ish EST). I don't have any of the big 17 items in this except for the DVDBurner upgrades, but have some little things in it with some additional things cleaned up as well as some fixes. Here is a list so far:

<snip>
Added Custom Aspect Ratios for Video Files & DVD discs. These are now seperate aspect ratios!
<snip>
DAMN YOUR THE MAN!!!! CUSTOM ASPECT RATIOS YEEHAA
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 01-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Sage Icon

OK, I'm salivating all over my keyboard here....

hehe just kidding. I can wait "AT LEAST" another 5 minutes for Ver. 17

BTW, could someone tell me how to use the custom guides? I imagine it is to only include certain channels right? Like if I only wanted the premium pay channels in a custom guide and search through them, that is what I would use it for? If so, then how do I set them up?
Old 01-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Carlo,

Can you tell me where to find the change for the DELETE in detailed setup? I don't want to use the current delete, I want the original one...

David
Old 01-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Yes ToxMox should know because he re-wrote this routine.

As he pointed out to me, there MAY be an issue so we would like some feedback on this from those running the release (when posted later tonight).
I may make it configurable (if needed).

Let's see how it goes. BTW, on my systems it works well.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
Yup, just last night we were watching something in the Archives. When done Debi asked why it didn't go back to the Archive menu. Only answer was that's just the way it is. After 17beta is released later tonight I'll update then tell Debi I "fixed" it.
Basically in 16 it would always go back to your recording shortcut. With 17 we're going to try and take you back to the recording, video import, archive screen etc. In other words it's going to try and "remember" where you came from.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Quick note, I think someone else already mentioned this, but the scrolling/wrap around does not work in the detailed menu. What I mean is that if you go to the top of the list of menu items and keep clicking up it does not start at the bottom it just stops at the top. The same thing happens when going to the bottom of the list.

This feature works in all of the other screens.
Yes, this is an issue in Studio and not my STV per say. When the space the buttons use is all filled the "roll-over" stops working. In 17 I've added a config option to detailed setup that allows you to not show some of these items which can/will help in this regard.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey_fl
Hi Carlo,

Can you tell me where to find the change for the DELETE in detailed setup? I don't want to use the current delete, I want the original one...

David
If your talking about what I think you're talking about it will be:
"Detailed Setup->Interface->OSD Options->Prompt for Deletion at Show End"
Old 01-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by reboot_this
DAMN YOUR THE MAN!!!! CUSTOM ASPECT RATIOS YEEHAA
The first time you go into a video it default to "Fill" aspect ratio. If this isn't the desired affect you want then you'll have to change it. Anytime you change the aspect ratio it will stick until you change it again. This goes for Videos and for DVD. DVD will default to "Source" unless you change it.

Feedback is welcome on both of these. DVD may be better set at 16x9 but it's any easy change.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I'm going to release a 17 beta later tonight (11ish EST).
It's time, were is it!
Old 01-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Sage Expert

its funny. i've noticed carlo usually gives the best case scenario with the time deadlines as opposed to the worst. always trying to keep his adoring fanbase happy.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:21 PM
Sage Icon

That's because I like to keep everyone on the edge of the chairs.

I was packing things up to upload but remembed I needed to add a couple of things for the DVDBurner and I need to make a new build of that to. I've got less then an hour of work.

PS the wife conned me into watching some TV with her.