SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
<snip>
So it's either by comittee (which people would feel left out), give to everyone (which would give Cayar's a headache trying to keep up with all the bug posts)
Yep, it was
Quote:
or give it to the people that GIVE TO IT. Without donations Carlo might just wake up one day and say "Screw this &^$%" and then where would we be.
Many a days I've felt like that. But I just kept on going to get the STV where I wanted it to be. Actually at this point I could stop and it wouldn't bother me since the STV is EVERYTHING I EVER wanted it to be/do and then some.
Quote:
I for one think it is not only fair, it is the most logical way to test new versions. Posting bugs is contributing, but it doesn't put food on his table.
The contributions (especially in my current state) sort of give me knew life in the project. When people contribute to me, it makes me want to contribute back!

Quote:
@Cayars.

BTW, I just wanted to let you know I did a "fresh" install of Sage 2.2 and I am still not able to open LiveTV from guide with external player & non-native file enabled... Did you have a chance to look into this. At this point I would like to know if this is just me, or is it something in the STV?
I just tested this and I get the same issue/problem you got. I'll have to add a check for presently recording and have that use the internal player.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I think he is talking about the event listeners that were blown out in 16 when in the mediaplayer OSD. Ie. Sage Recordings, schedule buttons on my remote don't do anything anymore in there and I think some others. And no they haven't been fixed.
Nope, didn't touch them yet. I'm actually looking (well need to look for) the keyboard commands so I can test these. If anyone happens to know the ones that are broken let me know. It'll be easy to fix if I can test it.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to technix Send a message via Yahoo to technix
RE: Beta Release 17

when using mini guide the select/ok/enter does not switch the channel.

Derrick

I appologize It is now functioning I installed it in the directory however I forgot to switch it in the properties

It does in fact function properly with the remote and the keyboard for you keyboard users

Last edited by technix; 01-11-2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Sage Expert

can someone confirm that the DVDManager works using mpgtx for demuxing and not VideoRedo
Old 01-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm, the mini guide is working for me using the keyboard hitting enter. I haven't tried with a remote.

Can anyone test this for us?
Old 01-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Sage User

microsoft.net framework & DVD burner

As I mentioned previously about 2 weeks ago, when I tried the DVD burner, I got the "failed to initialize" message. However, when I downloaded Microsoft.net framework on my Sage client, the DVD did initialize properly, but ended with the message "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0xf78(3960), Thread id=0xf58(3928)." Hopefully, this will help Carlo.

Initially, I had Microsoft.net framework only installed on my SageTV server, but this also needs to be installed on the SageTV client PC that uses Cayars STV.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Sage Icon

If anyone is having a problem with the DVDBurner crashing with a NET error AND has Windows Messenger with an account AND doesn't mind doing some testing for an hour or so after/around 9PM EST give me a PM.

Carlo
Old 01-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Hmm, the mini guide is working for me using the keyboard hitting enter. I haven't tried with a remote.

Can anyone test this for us?
Works for me. Just used the miniguide with my StreamZap remote. Changed from history channel to Fox with no problems.
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 01-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrantRyke
Works for me. Just used the miniguide with my StreamZap remote. Changed from history channel to Fox with no problems.
yeah I editted my post but i was too slow it had already received the replies. I forgot to update teh properties to the new stv, it is in fact working.

although the event code for the recordings menu doesnt work from live tv however it works from other menu's
Old 01-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Sage Icon

The "events" as you put it in the OSD are now fixed (thanks ToxMox) and will be in the next Test/Beta update.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
Last night I did reboot my workstation (Client w/v17A installed) but not the Server. This morning I rebooted both. Twenty minutes later comskip still not launching to process archives, Client sleeping. Woke Client, enabled "while awake" processing, still no comskip launch. Enabled "while recording", still no launch. (Nothing scheduled to record for a couple hours so shouldn't have made a difference but what the heck.)
Background processing; Enabled
Processing Times: While awake & recording both enabled
Recording Types: all four enabled
No ignore channels
Nothing else to enable yet still won't launch. Not the end of the world, but bummer. Comskip doesn't like my archived shows! (unless I manually start it.)

Ok, I just manually started a half hour archived show, comskipping along fine. Will see if it'll continue and launch another one on it's own when the manually started finishes... will update.
Never started an Archive comskip on it's own, awake or sleeping. Tried it multiple times, with multiple reboots of both Client and Server. Regular recordings still auto comskip fine and manual starting Archive recordings comskip fine. No biggy, eventually I'll have the Archives manually caught up.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Sage Icon

Is ComSkip processing any files automatically?
Old 01-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Sage User

Delete, Watched, Not like

Im nto srue if its my set up or the new beta 17, however I selected Delete now in detailed info, then selected Delete, Watched, Not like. However It did not delete the file, Delete, Not Watched, Not like did in fact delete it
Old 01-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Cayars,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I think he is talking about the event listeners that were blown out in 16 when in the mediaplayer OSD. Ie. Sage Recordings, schedule buttons on my remote don't do anything anymore in there and I think some others. And no they haven't been fixed.
Uh, I don't pretend to understand that, but I think aberson was refering to my post regarding not being able to return to the recordings menu via a mapped remote key during playback.
See my post @ http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...postcount=1735
Old 01-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanzee
Cayars,

Uh, I don't pretend to understand that, but I think aberson was refering to my post regarding not being able to return to the recordings menu via a mapped remote key during playback.
See my post @ http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...postcount=1735
Welp that is what I was talking about. The MediaPlayer OSD is technically the name for the area you are in when in playback mode. As per Carlo's post a little earlier this is fixed and will be working in the next Test/Beta he releases.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Is ComSkip processing any files automatically?
Yes, it processes new records like Favorites or Manual records automatically just fine. It's only the recordings I moved to the Archives some time ago before discovering Cayars(v15) and started using comskip that won't auto process. Of course, it never did before with v15 or 16 so I'm not really missing anything I had before by v17a not doing it! But it is either a bug or a glitch in my config somewhere. FWIW, going to v17a all I did was extract it into Sage dir on this Client, nothing else updated. SageTV & Client v2.1.10, Server in service mode.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cayars 17A beta: UI problem in IMDB search from the Recording Detail screen

I've just installed 17A, and so far I've only tested it on a Client. It looks really good -- seems cleaner than 16 and several UI issues have been corrected.

This is a corner case minor issue, but I thought I'd document it while it was fresh in my mind.

From Recording Detail screen, select IMDB search on a movie recording that takes you directly to an info page from the movie database (rather than to a list of search results).

From this IMDB search result page (movie info), if you select "Back" from the left column, it doesn't work, but instead flashes and returns you to the same page. THEN, you're hosed. The left menu goes haywire if you move the mouse around. If you select the Sage TV icon at the top (to go back), the screen jumps to black and you get the main menu centered on the page in white letters. At that point, you're locked and have to kill Sage TV to get out.

Also, in the IMDB search results page (movie info), the very large movie title at the top covers up a portion of the Disk Info bar at the top, if you are using the top-centered detailed bar.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder
Old 01-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
Yes, it processes new records like Favorites or Manual records automatically just fine. It's only the recordings I moved to the Archives some time ago before discovering Cayars(v15) and started using comskip that won't auto process. Of course, it never did before with v15 or 16 so I'm not really missing anything I had before by v17a not doing it! But it is either a bug or a glitch in my config somewhere. FWIW, going to v17a all I did was extract it into Sage dir on this Client, nothing else updated. SageTV & Client v2.1.10, Server in service mode.
OK, that's what I needed to know. Only Archive isn't working. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something deeper/worse then this. I'll take a look at it.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsouthard
Cayars 17A beta: UI problem in IMDB search from the Recording Detail screen

I've just installed 17A, and so far I've only tested it on a Client. It looks really good -- seems cleaner than 16 and several UI issues have been corrected.

This is a corner case minor issue, but I thought I'd document it while it was fresh in my mind.

From Recording Detail screen, select IMDB search on a movie recording that takes you directly to an info page from the movie database (rather than to a list of search results).

From this IMDB search result page (movie info), if you select "Back" from the left column, it doesn't work, but instead flashes and returns you to the same page. THEN, you're hosed. The left menu goes haywire if you move the mouse around. If you select the Sage TV icon at the top (to go back), the screen jumps to black and you get the main menu centered on the page in white letters. At that point, you're locked and have to kill Sage TV to get out.

Also, in the IMDB search results page (movie info), the very large movie title at the top covers up a portion of the Disk Info bar at the top, if you are using the top-centered detailed bar.
Hmm, Nielm actually sent me a PM with code changes needed to address the first issue. I "know" I put them in the code. I'll double check it and maybe do a test on a "virgin" originalv2.stv with the IMDB import patch installed too.

The second item (movie title) should be no problem to fix.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Sage Icon

I had a glitch on my dev machine and had to do some fixing up on it and re-install a couple of dev tools. This set me back on getting a new release of DVD Burner up tonight. I just got everything installed again, but frankly need a break so I'll get the new build out sometime tomorrow.

I'll probably put up a new STV file also with some additional fixes.