SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I know what you mean now. I see what I can do to get this in "Test B". Should not be hard to do.

My biggest problem these days is figuring out where to put the config options in Detailed Setup.
thanks very much Carlo, much appreciated!

David
Old 01-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

How do I use the compress feature? Currently, I have the menu option, but nothing seems to happen when I select it. I searched the thread, but either I am blind or missing something about configuring this. Also, once I compress, what is the best way to import it into sage and keep the show info? Thanks.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Bug??? or just missing??? Went to enter 24 into my favorites today and ..... no numbers on keyboard using remote!!! Had to break out break out remote keyboard.

Also ... waiting for my email invite for testing 17 (yes doantion is in)
Old 01-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgorrell
How do I use the compress feature? Currently, I have the menu option, but nothing seems to happen when I select it. I searched the thread, but either I am blind or missing something about configuring this. Also, once I compress, what is the best way to import it into sage and keep the show info? Thanks.
Its surely in this thread. Go back about 5 or 10 pages. I know that Carlo posted some info when I inquired a while back, and then I followed up with some more info right afterwards once I found the detail in a different thread.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Who do we have to pay to get this whole shooting match moved to it's own forum where threads mean something?
Old 01-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Sage Icon

Hey everyone, i still can't get any shows to show up in the DVD list-or anything for that matter. I first tried carlo's suggestion of deleting all his files in the properties file then deleting his folder--then reinstalled his stv--but that didn't change anything. I guess I will need to do a fresh install tonight. I didn't have time yesterday 'cause it was my wife's birthday--apparently me fiddling with sage on her birthday wasn't her idea of a good time...go figure!. So, i will try to do the clean install tonight, but was wondering if there is any additonal configuration i need to do to get the DVD burning stuff to work?--do i need to manually configue anything or run any executables?
thanks
JUC
Old 01-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Weather Problem:

The Weather Suite works great, no problems there. But when I got to local weather, it ALWAYS shows up as Phoenix, AZ, no matter how many times I enter my correct zipcode, no matter how many times I check the config files (which all have the right zip). Can anyone tell me what might be the issue here? I'd really like to get it working, just can't figure out why it's stuck on Phoenix. Thanks.

Last edited by mbrown3; 01-12-2005 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
Weather Problem:

The Weather Suite works great, no problems there. But when I got to local weather, it ALWAYS shows up as Phoenix, AZ, no matter how many times I enter my correct zipcode, no matter how many times I check the config files (which all have the right zip). Can anyone tell me what might be the issue here? I'd really like to get it working, just can't figure out why it's stuck on Phoenix. Thanks.
I think you have to change the zipcode and the entry for the New Jersey entry in the weather.xml file. I'm going from memory here, so I don't remember the town in NJ and it may be the weatherconfig.xml or something like that. In that file if you change the NJ entry to whatever you want as your default it should work.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

I just took a look at it, since I needed to change it to after upgrading to 16. The file is C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\weatherconfig.xml.

The section you need to edit looks like this:
<location
name="Franklinvillee"
label="Franklinville, NJ">
<weathersourceinfo id="08322"/>
</location>
Just put your city/stat info in the name and label area, and put your zipcode in place of 08322.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glbrown
Who do we have to pay to get this whole shooting match moved to it's own forum where threads mean something?
I doubt a new forum will be created here for a specific STV... but, people could have separate threads in the SageTV Customizations forum for specific issues. Perhaps just prefix the issue with "Cayars:". Of course, that means Cayars would have to read additional threads, but maybe it would make it easier to track specific topics.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
This isn't a bad idea. That way each problem would have it's own thread. The way it is now, you post a problem and you might not see a solution until a few posts down. This would also make it much easier to find answers to your problems in a hurry, or offer help. Carlo, do you think Frey or Opus would give your STV its own section in this forum?

EDIT: Too quick for me. I guess what OPUS is offering would be pretty similar. I think Carlo reads more that one thread anyway - I've seen his head pop-up in other threads from time to time.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Sage Icon

DVDBurner Version Test C

Here is the latest version of DVDBurner. Extract this to the STVs/OriginalV2/Cayars/External/DVDBurner directory and give it a shot.

This should have enough error logging in it now to catch any exceptions and properly report this. In the event of an exception (crash) it should pop up a msgbox.

If you get one of these exception notifications please post the results of that screen.

Carlo

Edit: File removed

Last edited by Cayars; 01-12-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Sage Expert

mbrown3,

If you mean the Local Weather, then that doesn't have anything to do with the Weather Report Suite or the weather.xml file. The only thing I would say is completely exit Sage and edit the zip code in teh properties file.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Sage Expert

here's the first debug window
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DVDManagerDebug1.JPG (100.1 KB, 202 views)
Old 01-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I've actually been thinking of doing this and moving it to another server. There are both good and bad points to doing this.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Sage User

DvdBurner.exe Test Version C

I just got the same error, invalid directory. I went back and triple checked all my working Dir setting, video directories, ect and everything appears to be correct.

[Edit] Just tried Non-Turbo vs. Turbo Mode, no change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
here's the first debug window

Last edited by DisplacedDimCap; 01-12-2005 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Addition of info
Old 01-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Sage Icon

I pulled the DVD burner a minute ago. I'm working with abasu2003 right now via IM and as soon as I figure out the issue I'll post another build.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I doubt a new forum will be created here for a specific STV... but, people could have separate threads in the SageTV Customizations forum for specific issues. Perhaps just prefix the issue with "Cayars:". Of course, that means Cayars would have to read additional threads, but maybe it would make it easier to track specific topics.

- Andy
PROTEST!

What do you mean I can't have my own forum section? Didn't you know this STV is borg like and will assimilate the forums?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
I think you have to change the zipcode and the entry for the New Jersey entry in the weather.xml file. I'm going from memory here, so I don't remember the town in NJ and it may be the weatherconfig.xml or something like that. In that file if you change the NJ entry to whatever you want as your default it should work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
mbrown3,

If you mean the Local Weather, then that doesn't have anything to do with the Weather Report Suite or the weather.xml file. The only thing I would say is completely exit Sage and edit the zip code in teh properties file.

I've got the weatherconfig.xml AND properties files both set to 19406 (correct zip), but local is still showing up as Phoenix. Anything further I can check/change?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Sage User

DVD burner test C

Got the following errors when testing the DVD burner ...Test C

Version c error report:system.componentmodel.win32 exception: the directory name is invalid

at system diagnostics.process.start with createprocess(process startinfo startinfo)

at system diagnostics.process. start C

at DVD burner.module1.runproc (string cmdline, string args, string workingdirectory)

at DVD burner.module1.mux (string soutputsourcesdirectory, string saudiosourcedirectory) string soutputtargetdirectory, string [] sinputfiles)

at DVD burner.module1.main (string [] sargs)

all of this in non-turbo mode