SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-03-2004, 06:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hmm, guess I'll have to turn back on mouse pointers to see if any of those are actually showing up anywhere. Since I normally run with a Hauppauge remote I had turned off the mouse pointers. Even if there isn't a direct way back out of a screen I could use the Menu button on the remote to get out.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Turned on "Show Mouse Icons" in Detailed Setup->General and then looked thru things. I only looked at the upper left corner to check if the Left Arrow and/or SageTV logo were displayed. I didn't actually test them though to see if they work, but I'm assuming if they are there they should work. Here are the things I found when looking thru the screens:

Search By Description
Search All Fields

These 2 produce this error:
Error: Unknown Internal Screen

Could be I don't have something set up to use these?

===

Local Weather

no back arrow or SageTV logo, use Alt+Left to back out
(left on remote works also)

I don't actually have this set up to work at the moment. Will check again after I get it set up again.

===

Weather Report Suite

(left on remote does not work, need to use Menu or some other button on remote to get out)

This is the way it was in the original STV it came from also.

===

RSS News Feeds and all sub-screens of the feeds

===

IMDB Search Results

===

Viewing History
Has the back arrow, but no SageTV logo, use Alt+Left to back out
Old 11-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Carlo,

Weather Suite and IMDB search results are the only ones I have found but there are many screens I do not use and have removed from the menu structure so my review is certainly not thorough. Any info on the disk space bar font size or why I can't connect to tcw.net?

Thanks,

Lynn
Old 11-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
R U referring to the options pop up list that appears in the OSD?
Yes. Refer back to your post # 179 if you don't remember what this was about.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Sage Icon

mls, I was planning on replacing that in the OSD options with something else but when I go there in the code I went dumb and forgot what it was I was going to change it to.

Now thinking about it again, I think I was going to use that space for an option to bind the mini-guide to the guide key. This way you can change the behavior while in the OSD.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
mls, I was planning on replacing that in the OSD options with something else but when I go there in the code I went dumb and forgot what it was I was going to change it to.
Well, you've been working pretty darned hard on this for quite a while. Maybe you should take a break for a while. For the most part things seem to work reasonably well with only small glitches here and there with this last release.

I'm sure everyone would be willing to let you take a day off to recover from all the hard work you've done so far.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:13 PM
Sage User

Carlo:

I just changed to full screen mode and cannot find a menu option to go back to window mode?

Also, noticed when I right click on the 'series premieres & specials' menu, the last 3 menu items are not centered and are a much small font. I think I've seen this in some other right click menus.

David
Old 11-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinyD
I just changed to full screen mode and cannot find a menu option to go back to window mode?
He's got that hidden 2 screens deep under Utilities/Setup->Setup Menu->Full Screen Mode Change
Old 11-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Also, noticed when I right click on the 'series premieres & specials' menu, the last 3 menu items are not centered and are a much small font. I think I've seen this in some other right click menus.
I don't think those last 3 are actually even supposed to be there since they are below the "Close" command/button. Not sure what he was up to there.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:25 PM
Sage User

Ah, thanks MLS ... wouldn't think to look for it there ... I would rather see it under the right click menu so that I can quickly change it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
He's got that hidden 2 screens deep under Utilities/Setup->Setup Menu->Full Screen Mode Change
Old 11-03-2004, 08:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Ah, thanks MLS ... wouldn't think to look for it there ... I would rather see it under the right click menu so that I can quickly change it back.
It is listed under the right click Options pop-up if you are watching LiveTV or a Recording.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Sage User

Personal opinion is that it should be in all right click menus. For that matter, I think there should be a quick way to get to 'main menu' and 'setup' menus from right click without having to go all the way back or up through the menu structures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
It is listed under the right click Options pop-up if you are watching LiveTV or a Recording.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

At this point a lot of the right click menus are options for customizing things. I feel Cayars is going to have a hard time working out a way to actually have an option (maybe in the properties file) to totally disable all of those customization option pop-up menus.

After all, once one has everything set up for whatever menu layout they want they will need some way to prevent others from messing everything up on them later.

I had thought of maybe another way, but not sure he can work it into things. I thought maybe setting some sort of PIN number in the properties file that one could enter from the number pad (keyboard or remote) to bring up the customization options pop-up might be a could way to lock things down.

Anyway, it's going to be something he'll have to start thinking about at some point.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Sage Icon

Cayars,
Is the STV in its current state fully compatible with 2.1.10?
Old 11-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm quessing unless something major changed between the beta 2.1.9 and the official release version things should be fullyh compaible since he based it on the 2.1.x STV and just expanded from there.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Nothing in the default STV changed from beta 2.1.9 to release 2.1.10.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Sage Icon

not having any luck downloading cayers stv..his site has been down for a bit now. Anyone care to host the stv and java file for me to download?

I.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:39 PM
Sage Icon

I'd be happy to host it temporarily if I had been smart enough to download it yesterday.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Sage Icon

well that doesnt do me any good today

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Sage Icon

btw...if someone is kind enough to host them for me, I can throw them on my ftp until cayer's site comes back up. That is if he doesnt mind...

My sage rigs: