SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Sage Icon

Your zip works for me and shows King of Prussia, PA.

You are talking about "Local Weather" and not "Weather Suite" correct?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah, local weather. Whatever file it's calling for weather.exe seems to be insisting on Phoenix. If I'm in the local weather menu and right click, I can enter my zipcode correctly, but it does nothing (no change at all from Phoenix).
Old 01-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

Out of curiosity have you installed/used any of the other STVs?
Old 01-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Sage Icon

Here is another build of the DVDBurner. Extract this to the STVs/OriginalV2/Cayars/External/DVDBurner directory and give it a shot.

This should have fixed the issues were seeing in the previous posts.

If you get an error message, please post the results of that screen.

Carlo

File updated and removed.

Last edited by Cayars; 01-12-2005 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Sage User

Cayars,

Thanks for the suggestion re using the music my genre selector.... my only confusion about this is once you've been into a specific genre such as Hard Rock, how do we return to the general view with all the albums visible.... kinda a clear current genre selection thinnggyy.....

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work... you will be getting a dontation from me.

Chris.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Here is an idea I thought I suggested a while ago.. it is something DirecTV will be adding to their DVR..

I would love a way to "Bookmark" or "Viewmark" a recording that I intend to keep. I figure it could work very much like comskip does in that it could create a textfile with in points for any given show. You could then, if it exists, pull up a "Jump to scene" screen with text about that scene and then skip right to it! Here is how the DirecTV people describe it..

# Viewmarks, which let users place bookmarks inside a show, and then jump directly to them later for viewing favorite scenes.

That would be way cool!! Wouldn't it?
Old 01-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
Yeah, local weather. Whatever file it's calling for weather.exe seems to be insisting on Phoenix. If I'm in the local weather menu and right click, I can enter my zipcode correctly, but it does nothing (no change at all from Phoenix).
I was having this same problem. I added my zip in the setup screen and it took because it was actually listed in the properties file, but local weather would still come up for Phoenix. Even multiple reboots did not work. Finally I found this little snipit from the first post in this thread. In the
"ONLY NEEDED IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH WEATHER:" section it tells what lines to delete from your properties file to let that section rebuild. That worked for me.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Out of curiosity have you installed/used any of the other STVs?
Was this question directed at me? If so, then yes, I've used Malore's exclusively until I switched to yours, but tried mlbdude's original, nielm's and meekell's. Would that make a difference?
Old 01-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Sage Icon

Here is Version D of the DVDBurner. Extract this to the STVs/OriginalV2/Cayars/External/DVDBurner directory and give it a shot.

If you get an error message, please post the results of that screen.

Carlo

DVDBurner has been removed. A newer version will be posted as soon a DVD is ran on my system. I added too many "debug" checks in the code and need to remove a couple and do a test run myself this time before posted it.

File Removed. New version coming soon.

Last edited by Cayars; 01-12-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands
I was having this same problem. I added my zip in the setup screen and it took because it was actually listed in the properties file, but local weather would still come up for Phoenix. Even multiple reboots did not work. Finally I found this little snipit from the first post in this thread. In the
"ONLY NEEDED IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH WEATHER:" section it tells what lines to delete from your properties file to let that section rebuild. That worked for me.
Yeah, I tried that for both properties files. It inputs the correct info in the Sage Client properties file, but in the regular Sage TV properties, it does nothing (i.e., the weather section doesn't show up at all). I've removed that section and restarted Sage, but it still doesn't show up. I've also tried manually adding the proper info to the file, but that doesn't work either. I can copy contents here if that would help?
Old 01-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Sage Icon

Sounds like it's getting time for a Cayars FAQ
Old 01-12-2005, 02:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm having some problems with my SAGE box, so I am not sure if this is an STV issue, or just my PC wiggin' out. When I hit STOP while watching a program I get a noticeable pause before it takes me back to the recordings screen (Malore's in my case). Also it takes me back to the recordings screen, but still does not have the show I was watching highlighted, instead it goes to the top of the list of shows - which as someone mentioned before can be confusing when trying to delete shows, because you already saw that episode.

Can anyone confirm that these problems exist and it's not just my PC?

Just an FYI, I tried doing an Back/Exit and then Stop, since that ToxMox said that is how you guys fixed this problem. This routine gave me the same results - see problem 2.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to technix Send a message via Yahoo to technix
Have you tried to delete the weather.txt file and force it to reload
and create a new one

It is possible its loading a cached version

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
I've got the weatherconfig.xml AND properties files both set to 19406 (correct zip), but local is still showing up as Phoenix. Anything further I can check/change?
Old 01-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Sounds like it's getting time for a Cayars FAQ
On that note - I'm currently working with Carlo to document this STV. Currently I'm working on how it all works (the features) and such. However, I would like this document to include a FAQ section with at least the most common fixes. If everyone contributes this should be fairly easy for me to assemble. So, if you'd care to send me a PM stating what the problem was and how it was fixed I'd REALLY appreciate it (as I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the posts each day and trying to write a document, etc in my free time).

Thanks!!
Old 01-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Sage User

3 problems with Cayars 17A

1-When I click on weather Suite I get a message "failed to load WRS Java classes". How do I fix this?

2-Under Music Library, the AB, CD, EF, etc found on the extreme right vertical column do not work. The up and down arrows in the same position, however, do function correctly.

3-The videoredo used for demux and commercial cutting under extended setup DVD burning parameters do not work. Does this yet need to be implemented or is it a bug? The mpgtx used for demux does work, but I notice some bugs when debugging is enabled, yet it still will burn a DVD that is playable.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Sage Icon

1) Sounds like the first or second zip file needs to be installed again. By any chance have you upgraded your JAVA version?

2) I'll check on it.

3) What do you mean the VideoReDo stuff doesn't work? Do you have VideoReDo installed on your machine? If you don't own this software then it won't work and you'll need to use mpgtx.

When mpgtx runs it puts errors on screen. These are really not errors but warnings or status message about the file as it read them. It's normal to get header errors in mpgtx so don't let that scare you.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cayars 17A Bug

This may have existed in previous versions - on picture library page you have 2 back buttons, the upper one appears to do nothing.

-AJ
Old 01-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Sage Icon

DVDBurner Test Version E

This now works very well on my system.

Let me know how it works for you guys.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DVDBurnerE.zip (80.9 KB, 210 views)
Old 01-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Sage User

3 problems with Cayars 17A

Yes I did just update JAVA. What must I do?

I do have VideoRedo installed on my machine as a trial. Will it still work as a trial or must I purchase it? Is there anything I must do inside videoredo, or just have it installed on my machine?

Thanks Carlo
Old 01-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
This may have existed in previous versions - on picture library page you have 2 back buttons, the upper one appears to do nothing.

-AJ
Now that was an easy fix. To bad they can't all be that easy!