SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Now that was an easy fix. To bad they can't all be that easy!
I'll do my best to find more easy ones for you Doing this document will cause me to punch all the buttons.

BTW - someone else mentioned this I believe, but just in case - on the Music Library page the right side "buttons" don't funtion, only the up and down arrows (i.e. AB CD, etc don't work).
Old 01-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Sage User

Quote:
This now works very well on my system.

Let me know how it works for you guys.
Not having any luck here. I turned on the debug mode and it seems to demux okay but then goes immediately to launching dvd decrypter to write the iso which doesn't exist yet. Here is the command line it sends out:

C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\Cayars\External\DVDBurner>"C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDdecrypter.exe" /mode isowrite /start /src
C:\Program /dest Files\Frey /overwrite yes /close
Old 01-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Sage Icon

Drazi, how many files R U processing?

Were these files recorded with one of the "DVD" profiles in SageTV?
Old 01-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Sage User

One file recorded with 'DVD Standard Play'.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Sage User

How do I rip a DVD? i changed all the settings, but i didnt see anything that says rip dvd?
Old 01-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Carlo,

Howdy. I'm new to SageTV and your STV, but I have been using it for the last week or so. I tried for the first time tonight to burn some videos to DVD using the latest DVDBurner and got an error. Is there any setup that I need to do before burning?

Also, if I'd like to contribute, but don't have a paypal account, how might I do that?

BTW, I don't have DVD Decrypter installed yet if that matters....
Old 01-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddarr
Yes I did just update JAVA. What must I do?

I do have VideoRedo installed on my machine as a trial. Will it still work as a trial or must I purchase it? Is there anything I must do inside videoredo, or just have it installed on my machine?

Thanks Carlo
VideoReDo works OK in trial mode, at least for the term of the trial. You do need to register and get the trial registration key, though.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, 2TB and 4TB SATA HDD's
SageTV v9.1.2.662, SageTV7.xml STV, Java v1.8.0_121
Server operating headless with 3 HD300 extenders as clients
Two HDHomeRun Primes (6 tuners) with 20170512beta1 firmware
Comcast cable TV, two cablecards in HDHRP's
OpenDCT 0.5.28 network encoder
Old 01-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to technix Send a message via Yahoo to technix
could it be just my setup

on beta release 17a while watching a recorded show the info button does not bring up show details, works in live tv, options detailed info still works however the normal info does not

Derrick Lee Rademaker
Old 01-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Sage Icon

Exclamation Bug in Version 16

Carlo,

I noticed a bug in ver 16 tonight. It'll take a minute to explain so bear with me:

"Lost" was pre-empted tonight by a local basketball game (how DARE they!) and was tape delayed to air at 1:06am after some late night show. "Lost" was already part of my favorites, but since I don't trust local TV stations, I decided to make this one instace a manula recording and I padded it by -30 minutes in the front and +60 minutes in the back.

That said, "Lost" would start to record at 12:36am.

I have two tuners, one of which is using the S-Video from a Digital Cable box and, unfortuantely, has lesser picture quality than plain old analog cable on the 250. I noticed in the "Schedule by Capture Device" that "Lost" was scheduled to use the worse of the two tuners. Since there's no way in Sage to command it to use a particular tuner for a show, I decided to record something at the same time ona digital cable channel. This would force Sage to redistribute the recoding of "Lost" to the analog cable tuner.

Good so far? Sorry for the long history, but it will help you re-create the bug.

I use you enhanced main menu which shows the "Now/Upcoming recordings" bar at the bottom.

At 12:45am, I noticed that it said it was recoding my "dummy" program (which, incidentally didn't start until 1:00am and I did not pad). I checked in System Information and it had it right -- that "Lost" was recording, although it still said it was recording at 1:06am and didn't account for the pad.

I was scared to try to change STVs in the middle of what I considered a critical recording. I didn't know if it would stop the recording, so I wasn't able to see if the EPG of OriginalV2 would have shown it correctly.

I will say that nowhere on any display (Schedule by Capture devices, Schedule, etc) did sage take into account the pad I built-in to "Lost."

I hope this makes sense. This is probably a once-in-a-blue-moon kind of event that would expose this bug, but.....

Best regards,

Stacy
Old 01-13-2005, 06:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg99
How do I rip a DVD? i changed all the settings, but i didnt see anything that says rip dvd?
I take it you are referrering to the DVDRip.cmd file in the External directory.

To use it go to Utilities/Apps/Setup on the main menu. Then to Applications and you'll see RIP a DVD.

Carlo
Old 01-13-2005, 06:43 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano
Carlo,

Howdy. I'm new to SageTV and your STV, but I have been using it for the last week or so. I tried for the first time tonight to burn some videos to DVD using the latest DVDBurner and got an error. Is there any setup that I need to do before burning?

Also, if I'd like to contribute, but don't have a paypal account, how might I do that?

BTW, I don't have DVD Decrypter installed yet if that matters....
DVD Decrypter will only be needed to actually bun the DISC. The program will still create an ISO (disc image) file without it installed.

You do need to set things up for your system. All the configs are here: Detailed Setup->External Setup->DVD Burner.

Once you've configured these settings properly let me know if you get any errors. BTW make sure you select an empty directory(s) for the working directory(s) because the DVD Burner app has cleanup/reset code in it that clears out the directory before and after startings.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsouthard
VideoReDo works OK in trial mode, at least for the term of the trial. You do need to register and get the trial registration key, though.
Also, make sure you are running at least beta version 1.7.0.309 (1/3/05) as the "Released" version doesn't support some of the features needed.

Carlo
Old 01-13-2005, 06:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix
on beta release 17a while watching a recorded show the info button does not bring up show details, works in live tv, options detailed info still works however the normal info does not

Derrick Lee Rademaker
From a remote or keyboard? Does <CTRL>I work from the keyboard?
Old 01-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Carlo,

I noticed a bug in ver 16 tonight. It'll take a minute to explain so bear with me:

"Lost" was pre-empted tonight by a local basketball game (how DARE they!) and was tape delayed to air at 1:06am after some late night show. "Lost" was already part of my favorites, but since I don't trust local TV stations, I decided to make this one instace a manula recording and I padded it by -30 minutes in the front and +60 minutes in the back.

That said, "Lost" would start to record at 12:36am.

I have two tuners, one of which is using the S-Video from a Digital Cable box and, unfortuantely, has lesser picture quality than plain old analog cable on the 250. I noticed in the "Schedule by Capture Device" that "Lost" was scheduled to use the worse of the two tuners. Since there's no way in Sage to command it to use a particular tuner for a show, I decided to record something at the same time ona digital cable channel. This would force Sage to redistribute the recoding of "Lost" to the analog cable tuner.

Good so far? Sorry for the long history, but it will help you re-create the bug.

I use you enhanced main menu which shows the "Now/Upcoming recordings" bar at the bottom.

At 12:45am, I noticed that it said it was recoding my "dummy" program (which, incidentally didn't start until 1:00am and I did not pad). I checked in System Information and it had it right -- that "Lost" was recording, although it still said it was recording at 1:06am and didn't account for the pad.

I was scared to try to change STVs in the middle of what I considered a critical recording. I didn't know if it would stop the recording, so I wasn't able to see if the EPG of OriginalV2 would have shown it correctly.

I will say that nowhere on any display (Schedule by Capture devices, Schedule, etc) did sage take into account the pad I built-in to "Lost."

I hope this makes sense. This is probably a once-in-a-blue-moon kind of event that would expose this bug, but.....

Best regards,

Stacy
Stacy, I feel your pain! I've had similar happen to me also.

This isn't STV related but all in the core itself and I don't have any control over this. My best suggestion is to file a bug report on this. Just copy and paste your message so you don't have to retype it. It was explained very well.

Sorry, I can't be of more help on this.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Stacy, I feel your pain! I've had similar happen to me also.

This isn't STV related but all in the core itself and I don't have any control over this. My best suggestion is to file a bug report on this. Just copy and paste your message so you don't have to retype it. It was explained very well.

Sorry, I can't be of more help on this.
Before I do, isn't the Upcoming Recordings on the bottom of the screen an STV enhancement created by someone and imported by pretty much everyone else? I want to say malore.....

Stacy
Old 01-13-2005, 08:37 AM
Sage Icon

By Nielm, it's from the dynamic menu import enhancement he did. I did modify it somewhat for use in my STV however. But this shouldn't have anything to do with the "core" of the problem.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix
Have you tried to delete the weather.txt file and force it to reload
and create a new one

It is possible its loading a cached version
Yeah, I tried this, but then it doesn't re-load. All I get is an error (when I try to run "local weather") that says, "there was an error loading weather.exe" or something like that.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:21 AM
Sage Icon

Ahh, but this is very important. delete the weather.txt file and report back the exact message you get when it give you the error.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ahh, but this is very important. delete the weather.txt file and report back the exact message you get when it give you the error.
OK, I'll do this first thing when I get home. It had a directory path, too. Like, "There was an error running c:/program files/frey technologies/sage tv/stvs/original stv/mlbdude/getweather.exe" or something like that. I'll post the exact message later this afternoon.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Sage Icon

If it has the path mlbdude in it then that would explain the problem as I'm running a modified version of it and it's not compatible with his original version.

If this is the case, please follow the directions in the first message of this thread that reads "ONLY NEEDED IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH WEATHER"