SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-13-2005, 12:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
If it has the path mlbdude in it then that would explain the problem as I'm running a modified version of it and it's not compatible with his original version.

If this is the case, please follow the directions in the first message of this thread that reads "ONLY NEEDED IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH WEATHER"
I think it lists that, but I'm not sure. In any case, I have tried (several times, actually) the "ONLY NEEDED IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH WEATHER" suggestions, to no avail. I've tried removing those sections (for auto-rebuild) but no dice; and manually adding but no dice.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to technix Send a message via Yahoo to technix
Quote:
From a remote or keyboard? Does <CTRL>I work from the keyboard?
From a remote, I am not able to test with a keyboard as I do not have one on that computer it is dedicated with remoe only, the info works using the remote on live tv just not recorded

Upon further investigation it works fine as supposed to on recorded events being played back so long as the commercial skip hasnt been applied to it yet

Derrick Lee Rademaker

Last edited by technix; 01-13-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am having an issue. When I loaded the latest STV from Cayars I see one black pixel in the middle of the preview frame. As soon as I inlarge to fullscreen the pixel is gone. I have restarted Sage and pc an it wont go away.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hurry up with that FAQ PLEASE!!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Sage Expert

Nothing new but....

Is there a way to organize this HUGE thread?

Someone mentioned a FAQ to the issues brought up and resolved.

At this rate Carlo, you will need your own web site soon!

I'm not ripping DVD's right now, I'm still getting things to stabalize on my system. But I did try it, and it did not work even after I made the changes to a few files as outlines. Now if this has been addresses and fixed, then I would hate to search through hundreds of posts to decifer the info.

Is there a wiki page for this STV?

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IKK
I am having an issue. When I loaded the latest STV from Cayars I see one black pixel in the middle of the preview frame. As soon as I inlarge to fullscreen the pixel is gone. I have restarted Sage and pc an it wont go away.
Do a search for "black dot" in the thread and you'll find numerious message on this along with a few things you can change if you want it to go away.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
I think it lists that, but I'm not sure. In any case, I have tried (several times, actually) the "ONLY NEEDED IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH WEATHER" suggestions, to no avail. I've tried removing those sections (for auto-rebuild) but no dice; and manually adding but no dice.
OK, here's the exact message, "Failed to run weather retriever: C:/Program Files/Frey Technologies/Sage TV/STVs/Orignal V2/Mlbdude/GetWeather.exe"

So it does have mlbdude's listed. I tried again the "ONLY NEEDED IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH WEATHER" section, but still no avail.

Do I need to delete mlbdude's stuff? Installation instructions didn't mention anything about removing/changing any of that, did they?

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Sage Expert

Talking On the lighter side.....

I just re-read the first post on this thread (hoping to see that V 17 link ) and I noticed a few of the screen shots have changed....quite a few actually.

Could we possibly have a few more butt shotts of some hot babes to remind us why we love this STV? The other pictures to me are also a bit racey, but thats what I like, so this is a compliment.

Excuse me while I go back and uh...re-read the version list again!

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I'm gonna ask a dumb question here......but it's bothering me. On the icon bar for recorded shows, what does the IR mean? InfraRed? Something like that?

I'm tired of loosing sleep, please, someone help?
Old 01-13-2005, 01:55 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to technix Send a message via Yahoo to technix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano
OK, I'm gonna ask a dumb question here......but it's bothering me. On the icon bar for recorded shows, what does the IR mean? InfraRed? Something like that?

I'm tired of loosing sleep, please, someone help?
Intelligent Recorded
Old 01-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

OH.....

Thanks technix........I can finally rest
Old 01-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Carlo, did anyone (and I missed it) mention a potential problem on 17A when using the new dual directory feature?

I setup a D:\TEMP and an E:\TEMP and enabled dual temp directory.

I get an error about an invalid argument in a .NET msgbox when the dual dir's are enabled (yes they both exist )

If you are not aware of it I can post the exact message....
Old 01-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
OK, here's the exact message, "Failed to run weather retriever: C:/Program Files/Frey Technologies/Sage TV/STVs/Orignal V2/Mlbdude/GetWeather.exe"

So it does have mlbdude's listed. I tried again the "ONLY NEEDED IF YOU EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH WEATHER" section, but still no avail.

Do I need to delete mlbdude's stuff? Installation instructions didn't mention anything about removing/changing any of that, did they?

Thanks for the help.
No you don't need to delete any of the mlbdude stuff. I made the changes to property values and file location so the two STV could live in harmony together.

R U sure you are editing the correct property file? For kicks edit both property files if they exist.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
I just re-read the first post on this thread (hoping to see that V 17 link ) and I noticed a few of the screen shots have changed....quite a few actually.

Could we possibly have a few more butt shotts of some hot babes to remind us why we love this STV? The other pictures to me are also a bit racey, but thats what I like, so this is a compliment.

Excuse me while I go back and uh...re-read the version list again!
All taken from "normal" tv shows too on basic cable channels. These were actually a little more "tame" then the ones I was going to put up (also from regular TV).
Old 01-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
Carlo, did anyone (and I missed it) mention a potential problem on 17A when using the new dual directory feature?

I setup a D:\TEMP and an E:\TEMP and enabled dual temp directory.

I get an error about an invalid argument in a .NET msgbox when the dual dir's are enabled (yes they both exist )

If you are not aware of it I can post the exact message....
Please post the message as I haven't see any message related to this yet.

PS make sure you are running version "E" (top left).
Old 01-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Sage Icon

BTW, in case anyone is wondering I'm now running 2.2.3 on my machines with the Cayars STV. There weren't any STV modifications between 2.2.2 and 2.2.3 so I didn't need to do anything from that standpoint.

Carlo
Old 01-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Please post the message as I haven't see any message related to this yet.

PS make sure you are running version "E" (top left).
Ya, "E" version for sure....

When the dual dir mode is enabled before it starts the demux is seems to be copying the file across the two drives. I dont see a debug window on this, but I do see both drives running (only a guess?? it sits for a long time). (vs. the normal way where the demux debug window opens as soon as dvdburner.exe starts up).

Prcedure call or agument is not valid. at MS.VB.FS.Rename(String oldPath, String newPath) at DVDBurner.Module1.Demux(<demux param list>)

Want to stress it sits for a good 30 minutes before this error appears and only happens when running dual temp directories. I abreviated the above message, you know what it means
Old 01-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
No you don't need to delete any of the mlbdude stuff. I made the changes to property values and file location so the two STV could live in harmony together.

R U sure you are editing the correct property file? For kicks edit both property files if they exist.
Yeah, I was editing both files but it didn't seem to work. I just deleted all mlbdude stuff, and installed the new beta. NOW it seems to be working (not sure why, but finally it's OK).
Old 01-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Sage User

DVD Burner test E not working for me

With debug enabled I get "warning: couldn't find any valid system header. I'm continuing anyway". It then goes through demultiplexing, but after that I get another error: can't open c:\Program......system cannot find the file specified. Any thoughts?
Old 01-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Sage Icon

mbrown, are you using a custom menu file? I think the call has changed since Cayers earlier versions.