SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddarr
With debug enabled I get "warning: couldn't find any valid system header. I'm continuing anyway". It then goes through demultiplexing, but after that I get another error: can't open c:\Program......system cannot find the file specified. Any thoughts?
This is my current problem. Demux is okay but then neither dvdauthor or mkisofs seems to run. So DVD Decypter gives an error because there is no .iso file to write.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
Ya, "E" version for sure....

When the dual dir mode is enabled before it starts the demux is seems to be copying the file across the two drives. I dont see a debug window on this, but I do see both drives running (only a guess?? it sits for a long time). (vs. the normal way where the demux debug window opens as soon as dvdburner.exe starts up).
What it shoud do if not using UNC paths is demux to Dir1. Leaving out compression here. It would then MUX to Dir2, then AUTHOR to Dir1 and then build the ISO on Dir2.

All it should be doing is reading from one drive and writing to another to lighten the IO load.
Quote:
Prcedure call or agument is not valid. at MS.VB.FS.Rename(String oldPath, String newPath) at DVDBurner.Module1.Demux(<demux param list>)
This gives me something to go on. I'll check it out.
Quote:
Want to stress it sits for a good 30 minutes before this error appears and only happens when running dual temp directories. I abreviated the above message, you know what it means
R U using UNCs, mapped drives or local drives on this machine?

Carlo
Old 01-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
What it shoud do if not using UNC paths is demux to Dir1. Leaving out compression here. It would then MUX to Dir2, then AUTHOR to Dir1 and then build the ISO on Dir2.

All it should be doing is reading from one drive and writing to another to lighten the IO load.

This gives me something to go on. I'll check it out.

Carlo
I'm going to make a new build of the DVDBurner that will expose the command line arguments so you guys can use it external to SageTV for testing (on another machine if you want).

I'm going to also put together a min-faq for trouble shooting, showing you how to run each of the steps manually to see where things fail.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Sage Expert

Drazi and others,

maybe it will be easier (organizational purposes) to start using the "Cayars: DVDBurner" thread. At least Drazi is having the same problem as me and Cyrex on that thread.

Of course this Turbo Drive problem is a little different and might need a thread of its own
Old 01-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just found an issue after I upgraded to Cayars 16. The Main Menu Options function isn't able to add a new menu item. It can delete, but can't add. I tried adding an Internal Screen (#93) several times and nothing happens. This worked great with version 15. I'm trying to add back a function I had before. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 01-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

It's working on my system so I can't be of much help.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Drazi and others,

maybe it will be easier (organizational purposes) to start using the "Cayars: DVDBurner" thread. At least Drazi is having the same problem as me and Cyrex on that thread.

Of course this Turbo Drive problem is a little different and might need a thread of its own
And lose the massive thread count?
Old 01-13-2005, 06:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP
I just found an issue after I upgraded to Cayars 16. The Main Menu Options function isn't able to add a new menu item. It can delete, but can't add. I tried adding an Internal Screen (#93) several times and nothing happens. This worked great with version 15. I'm trying to add back a function I had before. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve
Works on mine too, both 2 Clients w/v16 and a 3rd w/v17a.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

Thanks,
Steve
DOH! Big Simpson moment! I didn't add a name for the menu item.

Steve
Old 01-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Request: The single Upcoming Recording line at the bottom of the main page is a great idea. What about placing the advance/go back arrows together on the right side of the line instead of split with one arrow on each end of the line? The end result could be two arrows on the right with one pointing up and one down.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 01-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Hurry up with that FAQ PLEASE!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
Is there a way to organize this HUGE thread?
Someone mentioned a FAQ to the issues brought up and resolved.
Is there a wiki page for this STV?
I'm working as fast as I can Okay, so actually I'm only putting an hour or two a night in, but I should be able to spend some serious time working on the documentation part tomorrow. However, the FAQ part still could use a ton of input from everybody out there. So far only one person has sent me a couple items for the FAQ. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need YOU to send me tips and solutions, as I'd rather not spend 2005 digging through the previous 2200+ messages! Thanks in advance

-AJ
Old 01-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
I'm working as fast as I can Okay, so actually I'm only putting an hour or two a night in, but I should be able to spend some serious time working on the documentation part tomorrow. However, the FAQ part still could use a ton of input from everybody out there. So far only one person has sent me a couple items for the FAQ. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need YOU to send me tips and solutions, as I'd rather not spend 2005 digging through the previous 2200+ messages! Thanks in advance

-AJ
I did you one better. I created a new thread specifically for this. Maybe this way more people will see it and contribute to it. This will also give everyone a chance to offer a different solution or maybe a better way to accomplish something related to the FAQs.

The thread is here: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...9442#post81534
Old 01-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Regular local drive letters D:\TEMP and E:\TEMP. If you want me to try some other configuration to troubleshoot further let me know. The odd thing is it sitting for a while before the demux, if its not copying anything I wonder what its doing for 30 minutes before the error box. In your demux class what are you trying to rename using the FSO rename function? It must be a rename before you spawn the demux command to mpgtx.

If you cannot figure it out on code alone, maybe you can do a quick build with some message boxes printing strings oldPath and newPath?

For the hell of it, I will check my ASP.NET version maybe something quirkey about it causing my FSO functions to behave differently.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Regular local drive letters D:\TEMP and E:\TEMP. If you want me to try some other configuration to troubleshoot further let me know. The odd thing is it sitting for a while before the demux, if its not copying anything I wonder what its doing for 30 minutes before the error box. In your demux class what are you trying to rename using the FSO rename function? It must be a rename before you spawn the demux command to mpgtx.

If you cannot figure it out on code alone, maybe you can do a quick build with some message boxes printing strings oldPath and newPath?

For the hell of it, I will check my ASP.NET version maybe something quirkey about it causing my FSO functions to behave differently.
Do me a favor and continue this in the Cayars: DVDBurner thread. We'll try and keep the DVD burner stuff there from now on.

Anyway, try this again just to make sure this wasn't a fluke. It's possible a file could have been open or something. If this fails again or does the long hang try it with only the one directory being used and let me know how that goes.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Request: The single Upcoming Recording line at the bottom of the main page is a great idea. What about placing the advance/go back arrows together on the right side of the line instead of split with one arrow on each end of the line? The end result could be two arrows on the right with one pointing up and one down.

Cheers,
Steve
I don't think it would be a good idea to use up/down arrows as this could be confusing because it functions by remote/keyboard using the left/right combo. It would/could allow the bar itself to be a little wider by having both icons in the same location but I'm not sure if it would be as pleasing to the eye.

I'll try it and see.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can I make a link to either Two Pane recordings or Catagorized recordings in the main menu? I can't seem to find any internal screen that matches this nor does it have any information about these in the menu.xml file?
Old 01-13-2005, 09:01 PM
Sage Icon

Make sure you're looking at cayars-menu.xml
Old 01-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
(new question)

Bug or other?

If enabling new feature "use only external players for non-direct supported filetypes" (or whatever its called)....

STV will spawn WMP for DVD playback (i.e. an imported VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS) folder. Two problems with this, 1) sagetv does directly playback DVD files and 2) WMP does not nativly support DVDs / also the way its called it cannot open the VIDEO_TS file even if it had a DVD decoder installed.

If I DISABLE this new option, then things run correctly but break other things. Like for example it is a nice idea to call WMP for WMV files
Old 01-14-2005, 01:05 AM
Sage Expert

there is a separate run external player for dvd command. i haven't actually played with this though.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
(new question)

Bug or other?

If enabling new feature "use only external players for non-direct supported filetypes" (or whatever its called)....

STV will spawn WMP for DVD playback (i.e. an imported VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS) folder. Two problems with this, 1) sagetv does directly playback DVD files and 2) WMP does not nativly support DVDs / also the way its called it cannot open the VIDEO_TS file even if it had a DVD decoder installed.

If I DISABLE this new option, then things run correctly but break other things. Like for example it is a nice idea to call WMP for WMV files
You can setup the external players seperately for Music, Video & DVD. Each can be turned on or off. To use anything other than WMP you need to edit the "***.cmd" file in the external directory under cayars.