SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Will do.. saw you bundled support for the x-card now, thought maybe somebody here would know how to launch the DVD via your STV.. I'll repost down in Hardware. Thanks!
It's not released yet however. I was giving a heads up on it to people. I've tried to bundle all the plugins with this release and add any detailed setup config options for them if possible. A few users have asked if I could do this so they had a "ONE STOP" upgrade place and not have to worry about it.

I didn't include Matt's MVP support because he asked me not too. Nielm told gave me the go ahead. I actually haven't asked Thomas yet about the Xcard plugin which I want/need to do before I release this. I doubt he'll have a problem with it but I still want to check with him before I release it.

Carlo
Old 01-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
Nice STV Carlo!

I just wanted to let you know that I have the same problem broderp posted here, regarding LiveTV being paused when the Guide is activated (with Video Menu Style set to Background).

I would be happy to test this issue with the latest Release 17 beta if you need a volunteer...

I think he has fixed this is version 17"x" of this STV. If you want to volunteer to beta test, it will cost you $25. So it's pay up or wait up, chances are unless you agree to pay you'll be like me and have to wait until it's publicly released.

I won't go into detail, but I will donate, it's only right for all the work he has done, I'm just now making my donation criteria a bit more stringent. I found and pointed out 2-3 of the version 16 problem, including the ones you posted about above, but I still have to live with a broken STV. Everyone here is OK with his new beta test policy, and I was told basically to not complain, so I wont. Even though I feel it's a step backwards. Makes me think twice about helping or pointing out issues as well, let those who beta test do it. (even though I have yet to NOT ask or bring up "bugs")

Thanks for letting me vent.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's

Last edited by broderp; 01-17-2005 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
It's not released yet however. I was giving a heads up on it to people. I've tried to bundle all the plugins with this release and add any detailed setup config options for them if possible. A few users have asked if I could do this so they had a "ONE STOP" upgrade place and not have to worry about it.

I didn't include Matt's MVP support because he asked me not too. Nielm told gave me the go ahead. I actually haven't asked Thomas yet about the Xcard plugin which I want/need to do before I release this. I doubt he'll have a problem with it but I still want to check with him before I release it.
Do you plan on adding to your STV his suggested method of exiting SAGE to play a DVD, this of course would only be desirable if you were running the SAGE service...
Old 01-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Sorry if I have asked this before, but would it be possible to have real FF and RW functionality through and STV mod, or is this one of those core problems? Tivo, BTV, and I believe Replay have all figured this out, why hasn't it been resolved in SAGE?

What I mean by "real functionality" is to have smooth 3x, 10x, 60x (for example) FF and RW speeds.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
When I tried the new feature I get the following error:

Error: Unknown Internal Screen "Delete Bad ComSkip Files SHORTCUT by Cayars"
I can confirm that there is in fact no screen in 17B by that title. There are 2 screens labeled the same (I believe "Delete Orphan files by Cayars") so maybe thats the problem
Old 01-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
17B Failed to load SageMenuReader class
Is there anything else on the screen when you get this message?

Sometimes I get this message if i have edited my cayars-menu.xml file incorrectly (forgotten a bracket) and it usually tells me on what line the problem is.

Also, I would check to make sure that your STV is set to CayarsTest17B (or whatever the proper name is) in the Sage.Properties file (or SageClient.Properties file if you are running in service mode) after exiting Sage completely.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:06 PM
Sage Expert

Last post,

bbdmux isn't included as one of the options for demuxing in Cayars17b. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be yet but just pointing it out, since bbdmux does come with the latest version of the DVDBurner
Old 01-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Quote:
No problem. I was actually going to try and make a case for you to do something like this.

t
Old 01-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Sage User

I just installed this STV today to try to do DVD Burning. I installed VideoReDo and input my Trial Key and installed DVD Decrypter. I have added one show to my DVD List and tried to do a burn, but I keep getting an error, "DVD Burner Failed".

What am I doing wrong, or what haven't I setup correctly.

Thanks.

Robert
Old 01-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Carlo, FYI - External video player is still spawned when playing a DVD off of the imported video folders (VIDEO_TS) in 17B (not fixed).

It should simply play the DVD via SageTV directly and its not. (works fine when I disable external video player just like before)

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
When I tried the new feature I get the following error:

Error: Unknown Internal Screen "Delete Bad ComSkip Files SHORTCUT by Cayars"
Ditto on this problem for me as well.

(They are all extracted just fine in the directory)
Old 01-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Do you plan on adding to your STV his suggested method of exiting SAGE to play a DVD, this of course would only be desirable if you were running the SAGE service...
Who's suggested method? R U referring to the MVP or Xcard code?
Old 01-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Sage User

Possible bug.

17b: in IMBD Search (from a recorded video) if I go into "Cast", (at least I think it was cast... bad memory) I can't get out of the screen... the back button starts to tak me back and then the screen reloads... have to use task manager to quit the application.

This has happened a couple of times and I am not willing to test it right now as I am recording another show.

Still love the STV. Keep it up.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Commercial Advance

Just a quicky,
Is there a benefit to running CS on both the Sever and the Client? Would that work twice as fast or do they just overwite what the other has already done? And if so, is it better to run CS on the Sage Server or on the Client Machine? I have an Idea, just like the reasurance
Thanks
Old 01-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Version 17 Test/Beta Release B information can be found starting with message 2292.
Enjoy,
Carlo
Let's see if I have the lineup right in post #1:
- Howard Stern spanking
- Las Vegas skyline
- SI swimsuit model sprawled out
- Nearly Famous 2: Vegas Showgirls
- Is that Kelly LeBrock?
- <skip old ones>
- Lingerie chick on bed
- Howard Stern robo-spanker
- Tight jeans rear chick

I can't tell you how offended I am.

I'm serious.

I really mean it.

I mean, after all those great pics, the best you can do is a set of trees for "Vegas Showgirls"...???

Can't wait for 17c, Carlo. Congrats on the release!
Old 01-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfsoc
Just a quicky,
Is there a benefit to running CS on both the Sever and the Client? Would that work twice as fast or do they just overwite what the other has already done? And if so, is it better to run CS on the Sage Server or on the Client Machine? I have an Idea, just like the reasurance
Thanks
Advantage would be two shows being processed at once. Yes, working on individual shows. Personally I NEVER run comskip or anything but basic core Sage on my Server including not having custom STV on Server. I do however sometimes run comskip simultaneously on multiple Clients. They do in fact process different shows. Easy to check. Just view your video storage dir while firing off comskip.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Who's suggested method? R U referring to the MVP or Xcard code?
Tom's -http://forums.freytechnologies.com/forums/showpost.php?p=81435&postcount=76
Old 01-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Sorry if I have asked this before, but would it be possible to have real FF and RW functionality through and STV mod, or is this one of those core problems? Tivo, BTV, and I believe Replay have all figured this out, why hasn't it been resolved in SAGE?

What I mean by "real functionality" is to have smooth 3x, 10x, 60x (for example) FF and RW speeds.
Core issue and only Jeff could say if FF/RW will ever be coming to SageTV. I used to be a BIG SnapStream fan and really liked the true FF/RW and if there was anything I could do to add it to this STV it would have been in version 1.

If I were a guessing man, my bet would be that things get unstable or crash when this is enabled so Jeff decided to not do it. This is THE ONLY REASON I can think of because it's probably the number one requested item of all time!

I've contemplated writing an OSD replacement that would have true FF/RW as well as PIP and other neat things but if I'm going to do that I might as well add a scheduler, etc and release my own PVR app. I actually have a replacement OSD based on the BTV look and feel that supports FF/RW, skipping like SageTV (10 sec type thing) and 4 PIP windows, as well as massive amounts of Web Interface code for remote guide data (looks similar to TitanTV) and scheduling that connects to a SQL Server database. I already had a MVP interface for it along with a ShowCenter interface.

I started working on this back in the SageTV 1.4 days/SS 2.x days. When Frey released SageTV 2.0 it did 90%+ of what I required so I didn't continue it. Really the only issues I have with SageTV right now are FF/RW (although I've gotten used to not having it) and for me the killer is not being able to tell SageTV where to store files. This has been another highly requested item. I just don't get why we don't have this ability. It would make interfacing with other devices much easier! Many other devices, I'll use the ShowCenter as an example, can automatically build series info for shows in a directory. It can also have multiple "libraries" that a user can setup (think kids, adult, drama, movies) that could be really, really useful if SageTV could store shows in a specific directory (added to manual recs or favorites).

Rant over,

Carlo
Old 01-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Last post,

bbdmux isn't included as one of the options for demuxing in Cayars17b. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be yet but just pointing it out, since bbdmux does come with the latest version of the DVDBurner
I included it in the ZIP for manual testing purposes. I still might add it but I'm waiting to hear back from the VDR people tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
I can confirm that there is in fact no screen in 17B by that title. There are 2 screens labeled the same (I believe "Delete Orphan files by Cayars") so maybe thats the problem
I can confirm this isn't working in the release either. I have no idea what happened but the page/functions are completely gone. I've added it back however.