SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErsatzTom
No problem. I was actually going to try and make a case for you to do something like this.

t
OK, that save me a PM later tonight.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrwaugh
Possible bug.

17b: in IMBD Search (from a recorded video) if I go into "Cast", (at least I think it was cast... bad memory) I can't get out of the screen... the back button starts to tak me back and then the screen reloads... have to use task manager to quit the application.

This has happened a couple of times and I am not willing to test it right now as I am recording another show.

Still love the STV. Keep it up.
Yes, a nasty problem that I need to see if it's caused by my implementation of IMDB or in Nielm's code. I'll be looking into this shortly.

WORK AROUND
When using the IMDB search features don't exit with a back type command. Use the HOME method.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfsoc
Just a quicky,
Is there a benefit to running CS on both the Sever and the Client? Would that work twice as fast or do they just overwite what the other has already done? And if so, is it better to run CS on the Sage Server or on the Client Machine? I have an Idea, just like the reasurance
Thanks
Yes, good benefit too because you can cover more files faster. They won't cause each other problems in my implemenation. I'm doing this now with several computers.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
Let's see if I have the lineup right in post #1:
- Howard Stern spanking
- Las Vegas skyline
- SI swimsuit model sprawled out
- Nearly Famous 2: Vegas Showgirls
- Is that Kelly LeBrock?
- <skip old ones>
- Lingerie chick on bed
- Howard Stern robo-spanker
- Tight jeans rear chick

I can't tell you how offended I am.

I'm serious.

I really mean it.

I mean, after all those great pics, the best you can do is a set of trees for "Vegas Showgirls"...???

Can't wait for 17c, Carlo. Congrats on the release!
Now, that's too funny. You scared me there for a minute!

I'm impressed you knew the names of everything including the robo spanker!

Kelly LeBrock was from Weird Science.
Tight jeans rear chick was from Euro Trip.

I got tired of updating pics so I didn't finish them yet. Actually it's pretty funny because those pics were up there for a couple of days before anybody commented. The "theme" started by accident with two pics taken back to back. At that point I said, heck, let's go with this theme. It's all broadcast/OTA footage so it's not too bad.

Carlo
Old 01-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to aberson
partial recordings show up in Imported Video Library?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
aberson, Looks like they got you covered with the "Favorites by Keyword" so I won't elaborate.
yeah they did, don't I look like a fool! Has that always been there thanks guys: abasu2003++, Opus4++, and of course Cayers++

Here's another question - I notice that my imported Video Library is also listing a bunch of (seemingly) partial recordings from my main recordings folder (most claim to be 1 minute long). Is that standard for sage, or part of this STV? Is it configurable? Even after I run 'delete partial recordings' and 'delete orphaned files', there are a bunch still in there - even though they remain physically located in my main recordings folder (which is not listed as a directory to search for imports). And they aren't stuff I've archived either. I can't find anything about it in the documentation or properties file, or in this thread.

Adam
Old 01-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Sage Icon

When SageTV has an issue and looses information about your files it will automatically "flag" them as Imports even though their not. It pretty much need to do something like this with the EPG data.

The Delete Partial Recordings and Delete Orphaned Files only works on TV Recordings and not on Imported Videos.

In order to get rid of these you'll need to do it file by file in a manual manner using the delete button.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Sage User

Quirk with multiple tuners

I added a second tuner tonight and now SageTV seems to be always recording.

One side effect is the bottom status screen is now always showing what is currently recording. Right now it's the nightly news. Not very useful.

I'd rather it said what scheduled recording was coming up next which is what it will say if I highlight it and click right button.

Is this a setting somewhere? If not can it be a feature request?
Old 01-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Sage User

Ok, I just restarted SageTV and it's not doing that anymore. The bottom is back to 'upcoming recordings'.

It did record a couple of scheduled shows earlier. I'm going to try and duplicate that because it seemed to keep recording every show on that same channel afterwards.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Sage Icon

Hi Cayars,

Just tried 17B and I am still getting the same problem with LiveTV when external player is Enabled. Has this been addressed or is it still on the list?
Old 01-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Hi Cayars,

Just tried 17B and I am still getting the same problem with LiveTV when external player is Enabled. Has this been addressed or is it still on the list?
Check out message 2308.

Let me ask you a couple of questions. Do you have video in window enabled or not?

How are you getting to LiveTV? Remote, mouse, keyboard? From TV Guide or hitting left from the main menu?

Try and explain every step you take from the main menu for me so I can duplicate this for you. I need this info because there are multiple entry points and you're probably doing something I didn't think to check.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Sage Icon

when video window set to never it does not work. When set to if active or always it works fine. I usually have it set to never, just in case I want to browse through livetv guide while all four tuners are busy. I do not want to accidentally screw things up.

But this is easy to work around and I will just use if active.

Thanx Cayars.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

MiniGuide question

In version 16, how do i set the miniguide to be able to flip channels.

In previous versions when i flipped to a channel with the miniguide and pressesed enter it would change to it, now nothing happens and after a while the miniguide goes away.

Is this a bug in 16 or just a setting I am missing?
Old 01-18-2005, 03:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Failed to load SageMenuReader class

You see what I see

I zipped up the entire Sage dir structure and restored the last one, xmas day, that was running 15c. It started fine.

Since xmas I have installed 223 Sage and studio. I had a java class problem installing studio that was fixed by forcing the install to the Sage directory. Although I have been running Sage through 223 fine without dot net, I installed that as you know.

I have never touched the xml menu files because I have been trying to find the ff/eof ui freeze problem I have had since 2.x. Jeff wanted me to run the Sage decoder but it would always lock on initialization. George fixed that at ces with a missing registry key.

Intially I told George that I wouldn't run Sage decoder because the micro stutter and very obvious lower quality when compared to both Sonic and Intervideo. Last Friday amidst all these other problems I decided to use the Sage decoder. In 4 days I haven't had a ui lock yet and I was getting them every 2 days like clockwork. I'll sweat through watching shitty tv for another week and if it doesn't lock up, we may have a more focused area to debug.

The UI lock and now the inability to run your STV are the only critical issues I have right now.

I have over 4800 IR agents loading so I'm not looking forward to loosing my wiz.bin ;(
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SageMenuReaderclassFail.JPG (38.9 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg SageMenuReaderclassFail2.JPG (45.5 KB, 193 views)
Old 01-18-2005, 05:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
  • Added new Detailed Setting called "Use Enhanced Delete" and it's set to ENABLED by default. If set to DISABLED when deleting files you'll get only a "Yes/No" option.

Woohoo thanks for this one Carlo. I think the WAF will start to climb again!

David
Old 01-18-2005, 06:49 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alon24
In version 16, how do i set the miniguide to be able to flip channels.

In previous versions when i flipped to a channel with the miniguide and pressesed enter it would change to it, now nothing happens and after a while the miniguide goes away.

Is this a bug in 16 or just a setting I am missing?
This is fixed in version 17.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:50 AM
Sage Icon

VERSION 17 HAS BEEN RELEASED!

VERSION 17 HAS BEEN RELEASED!

See the first message of the thread for additional information. This is basically version 17 Test B code with a fix for the delete bad comskip checking code. This code is very stable and had a lot of additional features so I elected to make this the official 17 release.

Note: What was previously mentioned for 17 Test C will become 18 Test A and will be available for download by the VIP members shortly.

Carlo
Old 01-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

Version 18 Test A is ready for testing

I have just uploaded the first version of 18 for testing.

VIP members, please use the same download location as you did for version 17 downloads but change the file name to "Cayars18TestA.zip". The URL is case sensitive.

Again, if you have any problems downloading send me a PM.

The new features in 18 have been updated in the first message of the thread.

Happy Testing,

Carlo
Old 01-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Sage Icon

LMAO

haha..I just finished looking at all your updated ss's and was just going to go comment on the robo spanker and saw this post. lol is all i can do

Im glad to see that you spiced it up a little bit. btw, did you know that Howard is going to do video on siri as well?

Quote:
Now, that's too funny. You scared me there for a minute!

I'm impressed you knew the names of everything including the robo spanker!

Kelly LeBrock was from Weird Science.
Tight jeans rear chick was from Euro Trip.

I got tired of updating pics so I didn't finish them yet. Actually it's pretty funny because those pics were up there for a couple of days before anybody commented. The "theme" started by accident with two pics taken back to back. At that point I said, heck, let's go with this theme. It's all broadcast/OTA footage so it's not too bad.

Carlo

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Speaking of screen shots... there is another one that people seem to be forgetting in post 72. Just attempting to make a useful contribution to the conversation around here.

- ANdy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Sage Icon

I forgot about that one Andy.

Did you have that bookmarked for just such an occasion?