SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker
hey what's up
man I do not remember all the boobie girls in the screen shots before

LMAO

so anyways can we get like a feature request or something by donating(you probably know what I want)?
cause currently I am not using your STV
(would be happy to donate anyways-I will get to it soon)

just wondering
Donations only get you on the honor roll.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Sage Expert

what is the feature request? inquiring minds...
Old 01-18-2005, 05:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Sounds like you took offense to my ranting. Sorry if you did. Didn't know that the ignored channels for commercial skipping was in the sage.property file. If that's where it is then it should be easy enough for me to edit.

By the way, I was not calling you lazy or minimizing your work here either. I was just pointing out that the features that are implemented are just as lazy as the one I am requesting. You have worked very hard to get this STV where it is, and I appreciate that very much.

You should take every request for what it is - just a request.
Relax dude, I was only joking with you. Actually, I guess you missed the "pun". I was being lazy and didn't want to program it so I kept joking around the "lazy" comments.

I'll take a look at it as it's on my list.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
hey what's up
man I do not remember all the boobie girls in the screen shots before

LMAO
Change is good once in a while, don't you think?
Quote:
so anyways can we get like a feature request or something by donating(you probably know what I want)?
cause currently I am not using your STV
(would be happy to donate anyways-I will get to it soon)

just wondering
Donations aren't needed to make request. Only getting them implemented.

Just joking. I honestly don't know what you're going to request, but somehow think my brain will be refreshed as soon as I read your response. Might even already be on my list.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Very important note when trying to use Carlo's (neilms) integrated web server option in 18A....

You must MANUALLY INSTALL the severlet.jar file found on neilms web server post into the java/lib/ext directory or no-go
Old 01-18-2005, 06:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Look in the External directory and copy/attach your debug.txt file.
I don't have a debug.txt file in the External directory.

Robert
Old 01-18-2005, 06:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
Very important note when trying to use Carlo's (neilms) integrated web server option in 18A....

You must MANUALLY INSTALL the severlet.jar file found on neilms web server post into the java/lib/ext directory or no-go
OH yea, darn forgot about that. I should be able to handle this however!

Good catch.

BTW, for those running 18 code, none of the plugins are enabled by default. You have to manually enable them in detailed setup->External settings.

If you use the music library and have MP3s in VBR format I'd suggest turning the "MP3 VBR Fix" plugin on and then restart the client.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert griffin
I don't have a debug.txt file in the External directory.

Robert
Sorry, I gave you the wrong directory. It will be in the DVDBurner directory one directory below External. Sorry about that.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Sorry, I gave you the wrong directory. It will be in the DVDBurner directory one directory below External. Sorry about that.
Sorry, but I went through all the directories. Not debug.txt to be found.

Robert.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Sage User

I programed the blue button on my remote to shut down SageTv and then restart it. Every now and then I start having videos lock up. REstarting SageTV fixes the problem. But since I don't have a keyboard or mouse hooked to the PC, it forced me to do a complete reboot. By reprogramming the blue button, I can easily shut down SageTV and restart it without having to get off of the couch. It has been a real time saver. But if ComSkip is running, SageTV won't start back up.

As a suggestion, is there a way that ComSkip can be closed if SageTV is closed. If you grab the Window Handle of ComSkip when it is started, You can use the Window Handle to find ComSkip and you can easily close ComSkip when SageTV is being closed. Just a suggestion.

Thanks.

Robert.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

says for 25 you get VIP
am I wrong?
sorry saw reply
sometimes blind

Cayars
looking for PPV for direcTV to be more exact
Old 01-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
This is already fixed and working well in 17.
I still have the same problem with 17 (regarding live TV being paused when opening the guide).

When upgrading from 16, I just extracted cayars17.zip to the SageTV directory, overwriting the existing files (except cayars-menu.xml). Is there something I may have missed?
Old 01-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sorry, but I went through all the directories. Not debug.txt to be found.

Robert.
I went back and looked at your previous message before posting this. Do me a favor and install version 17 of the STV. Then install the DVDBurner files in this directory: \SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\Cayars\External\DVDBurner

You can download the DVDBurner version "F" from the "DVDBurner" thread. You can check the first message of this thread (at top) for the d/l location. This is a seperate step needed right now as the DVDBurner is still in testing.

Report back your findings after upgrading to the newest files.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
<snip>

As a suggestion, is there a way that ComSkip can be closed if SageTV is closed. If you grab the Window Handle of ComSkip when it is started, You can use the Window Handle to find ComSkip and you can easily close ComSkip when SageTV is being closed. Just a suggestion.

Thanks.

Robert.
At present this can't be done. I do plan on moving the ComSkip process out of the STV however in an upcoming release. This is one of the reasons.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I went back and looked at your previous message before posting this. Do me a favor and install version 17 of the STV. Then install the DVDBurner files in this directory: \SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\Cayars\External\DVDBurner

You can download the DVDBurner version "F" from the "DVDBurner" thread. You can check the first message of this thread (at top) for the d/l location. This is a seperate step needed right now as the DVDBurner is still in testing.

Report back your findings after upgrading to the newest files.
You got it. I probably won't have a chance to do this tonight, but I will let you know my results as soon as I get it installed and try another burn.

Thanks a lot.

Robert.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
I still have the same problem with 17 (regarding live TV being paused when opening the guide).

When upgrading from 16, I just extracted cayars17.zip to the SageTV directory, overwriting the existing files (except cayars-menu.xml). Is there something I may have missed?
Menu wise, you'll be missing one new item. You should be able to copy and paste this from my xml file to yours. Do a search for "Bad Comskip" and you'll find it.

I have no idea what would cause this to happen. R U using a remote when you do this? If so, try doing the exact same thing with a keyboard and see if it acts correctly or still does the pause. Some how, some way, maybe an extra command got bound to the remote that shows up here. Doing this test will give us a heads up on that.

If it does the same thing (pause) from the keyboard, I'll need to investigate further on this. Do me a favor and give me the exact steps I need to do to reproduce this.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:07 PM
Sage Icon

Whoa! Does that come with a happy ending??

just kidding, your worth it Carlo!

Quote:
says for 25 you get VIP
am I wrong?
sorry saw reply
sometimes blind

Cayars

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
says for 25 you get VIP
am I wrong?
sorry saw reply
sometimes blind

Cayars
Ouch, big request.

Actually, I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up so I haven't commented in the other thread but I can do this. Right now the main holdup is that I need to write a scraper to grab the PPV data and make it configurable for a user to set the channels they are intersted in.

I've got a few other "higher priority" projects that I'm working on at the moment and don't have the time to write the scraper in a proper way. However, if someone else were able to do this part I CAN get the data into SageTV.

Could you do some searching and see if there are any XMLTV type things that can grab the data from TITANTV and dump to a database, txt file, xml file or some other structured layout? If so this could push this along quite nicely.

BTW, in message 2380 "cause currently I am not using your STV".
What's up with that?
Old 01-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
OH yea, darn forgot about that. I should be able to handle this however!

Good catch.

BTW, for those running 18 code, none of the plugins are enabled by default. You have to manually enable them in detailed setup->External settings.

If you use the music library and have MP3s in VBR format I'd suggest turning the "MP3 VBR Fix" plugin on and then restart the client.
Also should note. If you enable "xcard plugin" say - by accident but dont have an xcard its a very bad idea. Since ---- You cannot disable it even if you select "disable"

I have to restore my old sageclient.properties file as I could not find every occurance of change. Fonts got all weird and I lost the ability to go full screen. - Just FYI
Old 01-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Sage Icon

OUCH!

Thanks for the warning.

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
Also should note. If you enable "xcard plugin" say - by accident but dont have an xcard its a very bad idea. Since ---- You cannot disable it even if you select "disable"

I have to restore my old sageclient.properties file as I could not find every occurance of change. Fonts got all weird and I lost the ability to go full screen. - Just FYI