SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-19-2005, 02:25 PM
Sage Icon

SP1 or SP2 or http://updates.microsoft.com or direct download from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old 01-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to abbott_m
DVD Decrypter problems

I was trying to get the DVD software all working and when I bring up DVD Decrypter it gives me an error of "Device Authentication Failed" immediately when trying to use the software. Is this a problem with the DVD I'm trying to rip or something wrong with the drive? The specific error is is "Failed to get Varient".

Mike

Last edited by abbott_m; 01-19-2005 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Ok. Installed .net. Now, seems to be creating the file for burning, but then I get the error message I have attached.

Again, thanks for your help on this...

Robert.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ErrorMsg.jpg (64.7 KB, 219 views)
Old 01-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott_m
I was trying to get the DVD software all working and when I bring up DVD Decrypter it gives me an error of "Device Authentication Failed" immediately when trying to use the software. Is this a problem with the DVD I'm trying to rip or something wrong with the drive? The specific error is is "Failed to get Varient".

Mike
I've never seen this before. It sounds like a hardware issue. Try a different DVD and see if you get the same results. If you do I most certainly would head over to the DVDDecrypter forums and do a search for the failure and see if it has turned up before.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert griffin
Ok. Installed .net. Now, seems to be creating the file for burning, but then I get the error message I have attached.

Again, thanks for your help on this...

Robert.
Good, I'm glad you got this error. That means we're getting somewhere.

For kicks, go into the DVDBurner setup in the STV and change the working directory to something like C:\DVDTemp or something shorter without any spaces in the directory. Make sure it's a unique directory ONLY used for this program as it will delete anything there already!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 04:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

I love this customization but it's reporting the wrong video disk space available. It's off by a good margin. Can I fix this?
Old 01-19-2005, 04:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:

For kicks, go into the DVDBurner setup in the STV and change the working directory to something like C:\DVDTemp or something shorter without any spaces in the directory. Make sure it's a unique directory ONLY used for this program as it will delete anything there already!!!

OK. Still got the error message (attached). Also, DVDDecrypter does write to the DVD, but the video file size is 104kb, while the ISO file is 952 kb. I played the DVD but it only was a background video.

Hope this makes sense to you. I am lost.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:

Sorry, forgot the Attachment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ErrorMsg.jpg (62.3 KB, 235 views)
Old 01-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to abbott_m
OK, now i've got DVDdecrypter to rip the DVD into a directory but when I try to play it Sage give an Error access filesystem message. I've tried 2 methods where the VOB files were split and one where their not with the same results.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert griffin
How do you add a Information/Other menu?

Also, here is the line that I added to my irremote.ini. It forces the Blue Button to close sage and start it back up (only works when ComSkip is not running).

[SageTV]
BLUE={alt}{f4}{sleep(5000)}{run("C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\SageTV.exe")}

Robert.
Wow! Things sure move fast in this thread. Cayars showed me how to add external programs to the menu in post #1970 here:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...9788#post79788

Could you add a second command to your blue button to taskkill comskip?
Old 01-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Okay, then I'll make the registry entry modifications.. and I have already enabled the CC options in the STV.. and if I understand you correctly, the recordings do NOT have to be in DVD mode to use the CCinDVD registry modification? I only ask because of the following line in Cayars instructions for his stv..

"The recording quality used must be a DVD style profile and of course the show must actually have CC"

Thanks again!
This reminds me of a question I wanted to ask "someone listening"...

If I am using DirecTV recievers via s-video to a PVR-250 card I cannot get CC info, right? I enabled it via the regedits but it did not produce anything. Assuming this would only be viable on a direct coax/cable connection.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebanovich
Could you add a second command to your blue button to taskkill comskip?
Not sure. There is a CLOSE command I have seen used in the irremote.ini file, but I have not tested it. Might give it a shot when I have some time.

Robert.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk6
I love this customization but it's reporting the wrong video disk space available. It's off by a good margin. Can I fix this?
The numbers shown are what Studio reports back as being free. I've reported this a couple of times. Basically it is correct in a warped kind of way as it doesn't take into consideration the space you tell it not to use in the libraries.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
This reminds me of a question I wanted to ask "someone listening"...

If I am using DirecTV recievers via s-video to a PVR-250 card I cannot get CC info, right? I enabled it via the regedits but it did not produce anything. Assuming this would only be viable on a direct coax/cable connection.
Can anyone with DirecTV confirm this?
Old 01-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
If it does the same thing (pause) from the keyboard, I'll need to investigate further on this. Do me a favor and give me the exact steps I need to do to reproduce this.
While watching live TV I hit CTRL+X (using the keyboard), which brings up the Guide, but with no video in the background. Video Menu Style is set to background, and VMR9 is enabled.

It appears to work though if I revert back to the original STV..
Old 01-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm doesn't do it for me. Can a couple of other people try this out and report your finding on this and see if it pauses? Also state the STV version you are running.

18 Test A here and working fine.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

works fine for me as well... v18 Test A - though I've also used it on v16 without trouble
Old 01-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Sage Icon

Hey blue, I was just thinking. I don't know/remember what version of the STV you are running but if it's not at least version 17 do an upgrade (only 3rd file needed if you are running 16 now) since I did made some fixes and changes to that part of the code.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Please...someone help....

I just transferred my system to a new case (which by the way is way better now). But now when I try to watch tv I get an error (everything else seems to work just fine). The video error is:

"There was a Playback Error in playback. Details:
sage.PlaybackExeception: ERROR (-4,0x80040217):
There was a problem rendering the video portion of
the content for playback."

If anyone knows what I might do, please let me know....
Old 01-20-2005, 02:27 AM
Sage Icon

Just a friendly reminder:

I've noticed from my server stats, that people are downloading the Core files, and the Java files nearly 1:1 with the STV updates. You don't need to update those two sets of files everytime.

Check the release notes to see if you need to download and install those packs again. It's likely that a lot of you are overwriting settings unnecessarily, so I thought I'd mention it.

That's all, carry on, there's nothing more to see here.