SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-20-2005, 02:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
Just a friendly reminder:

I've noticed from my server stats, that people are downloading the Core files, and the Java files nearly 1:1 with the STV updates. You don't need to update those two sets of files everytime.

Check the release notes to see if you need to download and install those packs again. It's likely that a lot of you are overwriting settings unnecessarily, so I thought I'd mention it.

That's all, carry on, there's nothing more to see here.
It got sent to the bottom of a page, so I thought I'd quote myself so people saw it.

Also, please don't bruteforce my server trying to find the VIP directory. That isn't very nice.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:57 AM
Sage Icon

FYI there are duplicates in those file downloads, so fixing that may save you some bandwidth.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:22 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Just a friendly reminder:

I've noticed from my server stats, that people are downloading the Core files, and the Java files nearly 1:1 with the STV updates. You don't need to update those two sets of files everytime.

Check the release notes to see if you need to download and install those packs again. It's likely that a lot of you are overwriting settings unnecessarily, so I thought I'd mention it.

That's all, carry on, there's nothing more to see here.
And don't delete them after unzipping/installing since you'll likely need them again to reinstall if playing around with new configurations...
Old 01-20-2005, 06:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
FYI there are duplicates in those file downloads, so fixing that may save you some bandwidth.
Wheemer, there shouldn't be any duplication at all. One zip is files that get put into your JAVA directory. Another release has all the JAVA/NET related files that don't need to change with each new release. The third file contains the STV, xml menu file and any NEWER versions of the contents of the 2nd file.

You never need the first two for "normal" upgrades unless I state otherwise.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Hey blue, I was just thinking. I don't know/remember what version of the STV you are running but if it's not at least version 17 do an upgrade (only 3rd file needed if you are running 16 now) since I did made some fixes and changes to that part of the code.
I started using your stv at version 16, which is when I noticed the problem, so I can't comment on whether it worked with previous versions (although I believe broderp said he didn't have any issues). After upgrading to 17 (installed contents of cayars17.zip only, except for cayars-menu.xml), I didn't notice a change with this issue. I'm using Sage v2.1, BTW...

Thanks for looking into this...
Old 01-20-2005, 06:29 AM
Sage Icon

I guess I was noticing those "NEWER versions" then...
Old 01-20-2005, 06:56 AM
Sage Icon

That was done specifically so people wouldn't need to re-download the first two files.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I never run in this mode so I'll do a little testing and fix what I find.

Did you by chance also just upgrade from 2.1 recently? The 3D thing is well know for the upgrades. 3D will not enable now unless you have DirectX9c installed. This is a SageTV thing and not my STV.

I've had something similar to this happen a couple of times and so have a few other users. The fix is to re-install SageTV using the "repair" option. It will overwrite the program files and re-register codex and stuff. You data is not at risk but as always, it's not a bad idea to make a copy of your wiz.bin and property files first!

Actually it should say REMOVED and it's just that. I removed the ability to import stv import plugins because people were trying to import things that are already in the STV and were breaking things. There are no imports available at the moment that aren't in the STV.

It looks good if you're not using background video. I'll take a look and see what it looks like with background video running.

Already covered a few messages up from here.

Carlo
I posted this last night, but don't see it..???

I checked and installed DirectX 9.0c (I had 9.0b) and ALL these issues went away!!. (The missing video issue has been stable for 1/2 day already) but the other issues I mentioned and questions were all fixed. Even the color issue on the guide is fixed. They are very visible and just fine.

(Still would be nice to be able adjust the opacity though!)

Thanks for the suggestion and comments.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-20-2005, 09:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
It got sent to the bottom of a page, so I thought I'd quote myself so people saw it.

Also, please don't bruteforce my server trying to find the VIP directory. That isn't very nice.
People really have too much time on their hands to brute force something that is no big deal, and costs $25.

It bothers me more then it should, but ....
Old 01-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Good, I'm glad you got this error. That means we're getting somewhere.

For kicks, go into the DVDBurner setup in the STV and change the working directory to something like C:\DVDTemp or something shorter without any spaces in the directory. Make sure it's a unique directory ONLY used for this program as it will delete anything there already!!!
OK. Still got the error message (attached). Also, DVDDecrypter does write to the DVD, but the video file size is 104kb, while the ISO file is 952 kb. I played the DVD but it only was a background video.

Hope this makes sense to you. I am lost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ErrorMsg.jpg (62.3 KB, 175 views)
Old 01-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
OK. Still got the error message (attached). Also, DVDDecrypter does write to the DVD, but the video file size is 104kb, while the ISO file is 952 kb. I played the DVD but it only was a background video.
let me take a stab at this...

First, try doing it without commercial cutting. I have a feeling this will work (since it works for me )

Next, if that does (or doesn't) work, run it with commercial cutting, but when you see that the commercial cutting has started, go into the task manager and manually end the DVDManager.exe program. This should still run your Commercial cutting in the debug window to completion. when its done, report back what files you have in your C:\DVDTemp\working directory.

I do have a theory of whats going on so its not just busy work
Old 01-20-2005, 11:28 AM
Sage Icon

abasu2003 is on the right track with the diagnostics.

BTW, what's your theory?
Old 01-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
I too am having a problem with my comskip not running overnight. No new recordings are comskipped.... I believe that I have all my settings right.
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 01-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Sage Icon

There is a problem with ComSkip and I'm working on it at the moment. As soon as I have this fixed I'm going to make another release.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Sage Expert

haha, i was trying to maintain suspense for no reason

actually the real problem is that my theory isn't fully baked. basically its that commercial cutting is needlessly deleting some files it doesn't need to. but the only problem is, i'm wondering why it would delete the audio file (.mpa). If it wasn't finding the video file, i'd be more sure of it
Old 01-20-2005, 11:43 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Quote:
There is a problem with ComSkip and I'm working on it at the moment. As soon as I have this fixed I'm going to make another release.
Good. I thought it was just me.
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 01-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
haha, i was trying to maintain suspense for no reason

actually the real problem is that my theory isn't fully baked. basically its that commercial cutting is needlessly deleting some files it doesn't need to. but the only problem is, i'm wondering why it would delete the audio file (.mpa). If it wasn't finding the video file, i'd be more sure of it
I can't remember if he is the only experiencing this problem or if someone else is having this issue too. It's hard to track all this stuff since there are multiple issue going on.

At least they're down to only a couple now.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Sage User

Quote:
let me take a stab at this...

First, try doing it without commercial cutting. I have a feeling this will work (since it works for me )

Next, if that does (or doesn't) work, run it with commercial cutting, but when you see that the commercial cutting has started, go into the task manager and manually end the DVDManager.exe program. This should still run your Commercial cutting in the debug window to completion. when its done, report back what files you have in your C:\DVDTemp\working directory.

I do have a theory of whats going on so its not just busy work
OK. Still failed after disabling the Commercial Cutting. Turned it back on. Started a new burn. As soon as VideoReDo started, I started TaskMgr and ended the DVDBurner task (I didn't have a DVDManager listed).

In the c:\dvdtemp\working directory, I have one file, 'title1-0.mpv'.

Robert.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Sage Expert

well, thats why it can't find the title1-0.mpa file, its not there.

I haven't been following your problem that closely but let me just say that if you do have a debug.txt file, please post it.

When you say as soon as VideoRedo started, you ended the task, does that mean after the very first step or the commercial cutting step? If its after the commercial cutting step, then do the same thing, only end the DVDBurner task after the very first step, which is the Demuxing step.

Also, when you said it failed after disabling commercial cutting, did you make sure it didn't commercial cut anyway? maybe if you feel like doing that one again, post a screenshot of the error message when commercial cutting is disabled.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
well, thats why it can't find the title1-0.mpa file, its not there.

I haven't been following your problem that closely but let me just say that if you do have a debug.txt file, please post it.

When you say as soon as VideoRedo started, you ended the task, does that mean after the very first step or the commercial cutting step? If its after the commercial cutting step, then do the same thing, only end the DVDBurner task after the very first step, which is the Demuxing step.

Also, when you said it failed after disabling commercial cutting, did you make sure it didn't commercial cut anyway? maybe if you feel like doing that one again, post a screenshot of the error message when commercial cutting is disabled.

Thanks for you help on this.

After I start a DVDBurn, it takes only about 3 seconds until VideoRedo is launched. Commercial cutting goes by too fast to cancel the process at that time. VideoRedo is launced real quick. When I shut off the Commercial Cutting before, the DVDBurner still showed it was Commercial Cutting.

I will shut off commercial Cutting again and send the error message.

Robert.