SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, a 350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Bhagemen,
What type of Tuner are you using a 350?
Old 01-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert griffin
Thanks, but I moved all of my 'folder.jpg' images into each one of the DVD Video_TS folders, refreshed the Media Library, but still no pictures. I am running SageTV 2.1.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Robert.
Yes, same here. I found that for DVD's where I only ripped the movie it works, but for DVDs where ALL files were ripped it does not work. Do you see this same thing?
CPU: P4/3.0EGHz 800M 478P/1MB HT CPU cooler: ZALMAN CNPS7000A-CU RAM: 512MB Corsair XMS Extreme DDR400 Video: Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600 256MB 128bit 8XAGP Tuner: Hauppage PVR-250MCE HD: Seagate 7200 200GB, Maxtor USB2 120GB Optical: STB: DishNetwork VIP211 TV: Sony WEGA KV-36FS100 (s-video) Apps: SageTV 4.0.0.56 w. Hotspot JVM 1.5.0_02,
Remote: MX-500 with USB-UIRT and Girder
Old 01-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Sage Icon

Getting caught up here. Here is what I'm adding to my list.
PROBLEMS TO CHECK ON:
1) In version 18B the mini-guide show info text is wider than the colored box behind it.
I'm have a 16x9 widescreen which may contribute to the problem.

2) Auto ComSkip may not be working in OSD

WISH LIST:
1) Also, what about adding a category filter to your favorites? One example where this would be helpful is when doing a keyword search on an actor, but you only want to see "Movies" by that actor. Without this filter you get interviews, biographies, etc.

2) My top feature request is automatically exporting recorded show information to an XML file or whatever and then automatically importing it to wiz.bin if it is not already in there. It would make it possible to do clean installs, recover from corrupted wiz.bin, make copies for friends, etc. without losing this vital (in my mind) information. I really don't understand why this isn't in the core. Better yet, give us a wiz.bin "browser" with import, export, add and delete functions.
#2 is already on my list

CAN'T/WON'T DO:
1) Carlo, can you make it where the play bar (not sure what else to call it) displays the time and date at the far right when you have the volume box disabled?
Old 01-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
Great job on v17! Finally took the time to install it this morning, and life is MUCH better with the major OSD portions restored. Not enough usage for any bug feedback yet, but have a couple of things I've always wanted to suggest, so here it goes:

1) When deleting, offered {cancel,not|watched,not|like}. There are certain shows that I'd simply like to "delete, without bias", pretend as if it never recorded. Possible addition? (WHY I'd like it: "Tilt", ESPN's new show, airs tons of times, but the first airings happened after some sporting event, and delay the start by significant times. I want to delete it, without "like" bias, so it records the next instance.)
You can turn off the additional functionality and have it use the old style way of just Yes/No. Personally, I'd just choose Not Watched/Liked for that type of show.

I'm going to add a couple more options to this menu down the road and then allow the user to choose which ones get shown. Ultimate flexibility.
Quote:
2) On the recorded shows display, you show the episode ID and the title. There are certain shows that have episode titles, and are displayed, but others in the same show that have an episode ID -WITHOUT- a title. Could you possibly display the episode number and "<no title>" if this case occurs? (WHY I'd like it: "The Wiggles", Disney Channel, have two sets of episodes. The first 45 episodes have titles, but the new ones, from 46 to present (74), don't display any episode ID information.)
I'm not sure I follow you on this. Could you maybe give me a show that I might be able to look at in the EPG to follow this?
Quote:
3) Rating information is occasionally shown on the EPG listing in the text section. Is it possible to have a graphic showing the TV/Movie rating? For my own watching, I generally don't care, but for my son, it matters. I can go into the detail section to get the information, but it's annoying that the data is there but not available during browsing. I think it can fit alongside the other icons, but don't care where located. I'd love the information shown everywhere (EPG, recorded shows, OSD, etc.) you're willing to program it.
- TV rating logos - USA: http://www.tvguidelines.org/ratings.asp
- TV rating logos - Canadian: http://newmedia.cgu.edu/nardi/projects/c1/tvratings.htm
- MPAA rating logos - small - http://i.imdb.com/images/showtimes/pg-13.gif (IMDB has a graphic for G, PG, PG-13, R, X, unrated, each adding the .gif)
- MPAA rating logos - full - http://www.mpaa.org/movieratings (large, but maybe cutting out the rating portion)
[
I didn't look at the icons to see what they look like but I think this is a great idea! ToxMox if you're reading this, do you feel up to creating another series of icons with the same look and feel for the ratings?

I'll have to look at the ratings as I think the EPG using two or three different types of ratings. At least two different kinds for sure.

If there is no ratings what should we use as a default? "NR" (no rating), "NA" (not available), etc...
Quote:
4) Mouse functions currently suck. Most people want their HTPC to minimize the computer look / feel, but I'm happy to have these things added to maximize possible functionality. I bought a wireless k/b and mouse so I have them as an option along with my remote on my server, and use SageTVClient on my laptop while programming. Anyway, the features I'd like. The mouse wheel seems to change the channel when scrolled during live TV. YUCK! Constantly ruins my recordings when I do this accidentally. I'd like the wheel, as long as many other buttons (my Logitech MX-700 has LOTS of buttons) to be configurable (in my case, mouse wheel = volume) or disabled (to prevent doing the wrong thing, like change channel / ruin recording).
Short of you being able to re-map your mouse outside of sage there's not a lot of flexibility in Studio to handle this type of stuff. I know mlbdude did something different with the wheel. I may be able to have the wheel send emulate two keystrokes that aren't being used in sage. One for the up and one for the down. You could then map these anyway you wanted in detailed setup->commands. Would that work?
Quote:
5) Mouse functions used to be in there too. The v1.4 release had LOTS of mouse buttons. I liked the OSD icons that allowed me to 1-click {home, toggle full screen, EPG, recordings, etc.}. Before people start complaining how I'm filling up their screen w/ "junk", feel free to add this as a configurable item.
Mouse buttons are configurable in detailed setup->general->show mouse icons.
Quote:
As a quick aside question from the requests, will this version help me w/ my matte issues? Haven't tried yet, and son now awake.
This has worked for many versions now. I know you've had problems getting this to work but it's going to be some little setting causing this. Besides my way of doing the matte overlays, SageTV also supports this now natively in 2.2.2. for overlay so you should be getting them one way or another.
Quote:
Thanks as always for the great release. Really do like the STV, and enjoy the feature set you've provided. To give you full disclosure, I have -NOT- donated, and absolutely can't for the short/long term. My finances are being watched doggedly, but will donate if/when I am "free"...

Keep up the good work!
Don't worry about it. You've got worse problems!
Old 01-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
As I posted earlier today, 18B is comskip auto processing for me so I can't notice it not doing what it is doing.

I did a new install including Client so that may be the difference. On a Client it only takes a couple minutes. Exit Sage Client. Rename SageTV dir. Install Client selecting Repair. (which installs it all in new SageTV dir without need to enter key again) Unzip/install CoreR2 & 18B. Test & config then delete renamed SageTV dir. Worked 3 out 3 Clients for me. (I don't fool around with this stuff on my Server)

Thanks earlier for the response. I should have been more clear in my earlier posting. It is the comskip in the OSD that is not working. Of course now that I say that I'm not sure it's working in the background either. Anyhoooo I'm going to roll back to 18A or 17 for now as it appears Cayars is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.

HC
Old 01-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
If there is no ratings what should we use as a default? "NR" (no rating), "NA" (not available), etc...
I'd vote for N/A as NR is common among older shows that were never rated...
Old 01-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchucky
Thanks earlier for the response. I should have been more clear in my earlier posting. It is the comskip in the OSD that is not working. Of course now that I say that I'm not sure it's working in the background either. Anyhoooo I'm going to roll back to 18A or 17 for now as it appears Cayars is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.
Just FYI...comskip has problems in v17 as well. Recordings are processed, but the OSD doesn't show the commercials (therefore they can't be skipped).
Old 01-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Sage Icon

Weird, I'm using 17 and my commercials are showing up fine.

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
Just FYI...comskip has problems in v17 as well. Recordings are processed, but the OSD doesn't show the commercials (therefore they can't be skipped).
Old 01-21-2005, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
No joy...

bluescreen, reset on EOF.
Same here, Processor goes to 100% for the last 8 seconds of the show and then bluescreen, reset on EOF. But it seems to only happen if commskip is running (processing a file) or a recording is being made at the same time. Otherwise it works fine, dumps me back to the Recordings screen

Also 18b is not autoskipping the marked commercials, but if i set comm. auto skip = disabled, and then back to enabled, it will work for that show.

Dedicated HTPC Rig:
Athlon XP 1800+
512 Mb
Xp Pro SP2
Chaintech CT-7NJL3
PVR-350
Hardware Decoding Only, No UI on tv-Out
WinTV-PVR 250/350 Drivers 1.8.22170
SageTV Beta 2.2.4
Cayars 18TestB
Old 01-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm assuming you didn't read my (long) post thoroughly, but I forgive you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
You can turn off the additional functionality and have it use the old style way of just Yes/No. Personally, I'd just choose Not Watched/Liked for that type of show.

I'm going to add a couple more options to this menu down the road and then allow the user to choose which ones get shown. Ultimate flexibility.
Old style way, yuck. I -like- your way of doing it. Just wanted the extra line item. In the case of "Tilt", it was the pilot. Didn't want to mark it "like" on the off chance I don't actually like it. (I did, as it turns out.) In these cases, I currently just delete it at the Recordings menu, where it still does it the old way. No problem in waiting for the long-term "ultimate flexibility".

Quote:
I'm not sure I follow you on this. Could you maybe give me a show that I might be able to look at in the EPG to follow this?
Here's a thought: how about "The Wiggles" on the Disney Channel? (See original post.) -tee hee-. Three eps a day, so should be easy to see.

Quote:
I didn't look at the icons to see what they look like but I think this is a great idea! ToxMox if you're reading this, do you feel up to creating another series of icons with the same look and feel for the ratings?
I lead them to the water, and they do not drink. -sigh- For example, the TV/USA logo link I provided has standardized 50x48 icons that are perfect replicas of what you need. I'll forgive you for not reading my post, if you put the ratings everywhere (EPG, recorded shows, OSD, etc.) Hm. Maybe you mean Tox created your icons and you want the same look/feel. Up to you in any case...

Quote:
I'll have to look at the ratings as I think the EPG using two or three different types of ratings. At least two different kinds for sure.

For the MPAA (movie) ones, the amazon ones are nice. They already have an "UNRATED" grapahic for this case. For TV ratings, NR and/or NA sound great. You pick. Need a logo for that case. ToxMox?

Quote:
Short of you being able to re-map your mouse outside of sage there's not a lot of flexibility in Studio to handle this type of stuff. I know mlbdude did something different with the wheel. I may be able to have the wheel send emulate two keystrokes that aren't being used in sage. One for the up and one for the down. You could then map these anyway you wanted in detailed setup->commands. Would that work?
Not only would it work, it would be "most excellent".

Quote:
Mouse buttons are configurable in detailed setup->general->show mouse icons.
One of us isn't reading what the other wrote. Here's hoping it isn't me, although it's 50-50. The "show mouse icons" in my case is enabled. All I get are FF, play/pause, RW. Either I haven't RTFM enough to get the {home, full screen, EPG, ...} icons, or you didn't read the request. As I said, here's hoping it's you...

Quote:
This has worked for many versions now. I know you've had problems getting this to work but it's going to be some little setting causing this. Besides my way of doing the matte overlays, SageTV also supports this now natively in 2.2.2. for overlay so you should be getting them one way or another.
Yeah, thought version didn't make a difference. For some reason, I need to throw that same question in with every post. Son walked in and was hanging on me, and I had to sign off quickly. Reflex sentence so it seems. Will actually make another effort to try again at some point.

I still have a stutter on the oldest original PVR-250 and should first focus on the h/w issues I have before playing around on the s/w side.

Quote:
Don't worry about it. You've got worse problems!
Thanks for the consideration to my requests and the understanding of my situation, hun.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
1) When deleting, offered {cancel,not|watched,not|like}. There are certain shows that I'd simply like to "delete, without bias", pretend as if it never recorded. Possible addition? (WHY I'd like it: "Tilt", ESPN's new show, airs tons of times, but the first airings happened after some sporting event, and delay the start by significant times. I want to delete it, without "like" bias, so it records the next instance.)
Maybe this will make you feel better about the available choices for the time being: there is no such thing as a "Like" setting in SageTV's core. If you watch it, that essentially tells SageTV that you 'like' it (you watched it, so it must have been good); if you mark it as "Don't Like", that tells SageTV that you, well, 'don't like' it. (Don't ask me to explain what happens with a Watched show that you mark as Don't Like, but they sort-of cancel each other out from my understanding of it, though there is probably more to it than that.)

If you want to delete something "without bias", so that it won't affect Intelligent Recordings and may be recorded again sometime, you could mark it as not-Watched and liked ("not-Don't Like") -- thus clearing both the Watched and Don't Like markers. But, the very best thing to absolutely clear a recording that tells SageTV to pretend it never was recorded is to use the Recording Error option on the Recording Detail screen.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:17 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
Installed 18B on our main HTPC this afternoon after a bit of testing on my workstation with comskip processed new recordings fine. Well, this evening watching with clean install from Client 2.1.10 ... to v18B OSD showed the purple commericals marked as they should be but totally ignored them, three different shows, all showed purple commercials. (checked setup and playback menu enabled ok mult times) That's a new bug for me. Main HTPC going back rev, it was still on v16 and working fine! I'll make sure and test a bit better on my workstation before putting on HTPC from now on, oops.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Maybe this will make you feel better about the available choices for the time being: there is no such thing as a "Like" setting in SageTV's core. If you watch it, that essentially tells SageTV that you 'like' it (you watched it, so it must have been good
Close, but no cigar. I -didn't- watch the initial airing of Tilt. I saw the first 20+ minutes of 60 were some basketball game going beyond the EPG delaying the start of Tilt. I deleted it (the simple y/n delete in the recordings menu) truly "without bias/watching". Ironically, it took 3 deletes before it finally caught the pilot staring on EPG time. THAT version, I watched, and deleted with "delete/watched/like"...

I do like the available choices, because what I need does exist, just not on the auto popup menu built-in to Cayars...

You sure know your stuff though. Not sure I understand how the "watched" / "don't like" cancel each other out, or maybe it's WHY they do. Don't turn on IR any more because there are SO many types of SageTV viewers historically (sports, children, animation, sitcoms, cooking, music, etc.) that it literally started to record everything.

I really look forward to the day where wiz.bin is a maintainable modifyable commodity.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
Installed 18B on our main HTPC this afternoon after a bit of testing on my workstation with comskip processed new recordings fine. Well, this evening watching with clean install from Client 2.1.10 ... to v18B OSD showed the purple commericals marked as they should be but totally ignored them, three different shows, all showed purple commercials. (checked setup and playback menu enabled ok mult times) That's a new bug for me. Main HTPC going back rev, it was still on v16 and working fine! I'll make sure and test a bit better on my workstation before putting on HTPC from now on, oops.
BTW, took about 20secs to have the main HTPC back rev'd from 18B to 16. Exit Sage Client, pop open win explorer, del SageTV dir, rename saved SageTVv16 dir SageTV. restart Client. That's why I rename dir and do total new clean installs including Client going to new version rather than just saving specific files, saves it all for immediate recovering if needed. HTPC all better.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:40 AM
Sage Expert

I just wanted to clarify that my problem is specifically that Sage isn't background processing my commercials. That is different from the commercials not showing up in the OSD and it not skipping properly in teh OSD. Seems like 3 different comskip related problems.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:53 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
I just wanted to clarify that my problem is specifically that Sage isn't background processing my commercials. That is different from the commercials not showing up in the OSD and it not skipping properly in teh OSD. Seems like 3 different comskip related problems.
I did have that problem when I installed 18A over the top of 17A, killed comskip auto-processing new recording files. With clean install of Client & 18A and later 18B (via my method listed previously) comskip auto-processing recordings works. (for everything except archives that have never auto-processed for me and still won't)
Old 01-22-2005, 02:17 AM
Sage Expert

i just installed 2.2.4 Beta over top of my 2.2.3 and now comskip background processing seems to be working.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Failed to load SageMenuReader class

You sent me in the right direction and I finally got it fixed. I believe the problem was that I overwrote the java 1.5 versions of dnsns.jar and sunjce_provider.jar with the copies in JavaR1.zip somewhere in this debug process. When you uninstall java, it leaves the JavaR1.zip files in the lib/ext directory. Manually deleting this directory before Java reinstall and then not overwriting these two files fixed it.

I appreciate the help you provided.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

18B Bug in Delete Non-Completed Comskip Files

I just aborted a comskip to test the function. Initiated Delete Non-Completed Comskip Files and it listed the aborted comskip files AND a bunch of files I'd comskip processed earlier today in the Archives. (manually initiated, still won't auto-process them). Checked one of the comskip processed archive files playback, it's comskipped fine. Lots of varying comskip issues with 18B, definitely not ready for prime time.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:44 AM
Sage Icon

mdmint, that's why it's a "Test" version.

Keep in mind the logic i'm using in the "Delete Non-Completed ComSkip Files":

Is there a ".txt" file but no ".VPrj" file? That's what puts it on the list.

It's quite possible you have older files that were processed before I added the ".VPrj" option or it could be that some commercials were detected but the file never completely processed to the end.