SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-22-2005, 06:47 AM
Sage Icon

Concerning ComSkip:
The "auto" processing of ComSkip files code is going to be removed from the code before 18 is released as it's going to be done outside the STV. So I'm not going to waste time on it.

The OSD "auto-skip" will get looked at and fixed.

Carlo
Old 01-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Sage User

Unhappy Need help with compression

Can't get this compression thing working so I bit the bullet remove and re-installed Sage and installed latest Cayar's STV (18B). I've also set up both compression folders to "C:\jobs" and "E:\target". Compression is enabled but my recordings are still not showing up as xml files in the \jobs folder.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Old 01-22-2005, 07:48 AM
Sage Icon

Just caught up on some previous posts. As it pertains to icons for ratings etc. I have no problem creating these. So Carlo if you want any sort of icons or for me to jazz up the official ones just PM me.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois Parent
Can't get this compression thing working so I bit the bullet remove and re-installed Sage and installed latest Cayar's STV (18B). I've also set up both compression folders to "C:\jobs" and "E:\target". Compression is enabled but my recordings are still not showing up as xml files in the \jobs folder.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Do you have ffmpeg_convert scheduled to run? Did you instsall the ffmpeg package? Set the XML files up in the package?

All the cayars STV does is create the XML files in the JOB folder, you have to setup the rest of the process.

If you answered no to any of those, scroll pack in this thead for a link to a psot about the compression routine and then you will see a reply by myself that lists the thread # that will hit the spot for your setup. Its here, just look
Old 01-22-2005, 08:44 AM
Sage User

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
Do you have ffmpeg_convert scheduled to run? Did you instsall the ffmpeg package? Set the XML files up in the package?

All the cayars STV does is create the XML files in the JOB folder, you have to setup the rest of the process.

If you answered no to any of those, scroll pack in this thead for a link to a psot about the compression routine and then you will see a reply by myself that lists the thread # that will hit the spot for your setup. Its here, just look
My problem is that the XML file is not getting created in the JOB folder. I've set the folder's path, enabled compression but the XML files don't get created. Frustrating!

UPDATE: forget that. I did not realize I had to manually select the shows that I want compressed. I thought that by turning on compression, all shows would be automatically compressed.

QUESTION: Could we have a setting that would automatically compress all shows? As I am on the road 4 days/week I watch the shows on my laptop so compressing all shows make sense to me.

Last edited by Francois Parent; 01-22-2005 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonGal
Close, but no cigar. I -didn't- watch the initial airing of Tilt. I saw the first 20+ minutes of 60 were some basketball game going beyond the EPG delaying the start of Tilt. I deleted it (the simple y/n delete in the recordings menu) truly "without bias/watching". Ironically, it took 3 deletes before it finally caught the pilot staring on EPG time. THAT version, I watched, and deleted with "delete/watched/like"...
The situation that you describe is exactly the purpose of using Recording Error: the show will be removed from the db because it is not what it thought it recorded. Any Watched data will be removed too.

Since you don't use IR, my next comment won't be overly important to you, but it might clarify things for someone... Watching part of the show also tells SageTV that you like the show, it just doesn't mark the whole episode as Watched, preventing it from being recorded again (I'm not sure what % has to be watched for that to occur). Simply deleting it doesn't clear the watched status for that purpose.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Maybe this will make you feel better about the available choices for the time being: there is no such thing as a "Like" setting in SageTV's core. If you watch it, that essentially tells SageTV that you 'like' it (you watched it, so it must have been good); if you mark it as "Don't Like", that tells SageTV that you, well, 'don't like' it. (Don't ask me to explain what happens with a Watched show that you mark as Don't Like, but they sort-of cancel each other out from my understanding of it, though there is probably more to it than that.)
Carlo, this being the case could you revisit the idea of changing/reducing the choices? Here's a suggestion but it is totally up to you.

Cancel - Don't delete the show.
Delete - Delete the show and set it as watched (watched should already be set since you these choices are at the end of the show)
Delete Not Like -Just what it says.

IMHO the Recording Error delete option should remain in the Show Details screen, since if there is a recording error you will probably not watch the show to the end. As Opus explained, this option could also be used to set a show as not watched if you wanted to record the show again.

What do you think?
Old 01-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
mdmint, that's why it's a "Test" version.

Keep in mind the logic i'm using in the "Delete Non-Completed ComSkip Files":

Is there a ".txt" file but no ".VPrj" file? That's what puts it on the list.

It's quite possible you have older files that were processed before I added the ".VPrj" option or it could be that some commercials were detected but the file never completely processed to the end.
Nope not processed with old version comskip, the archived shows which showed up as non-completed were manually initiated comskipped using 18B early that same day (the files listed for deletion I could see, no way to scroll down the list BTW), all had 4 files created including .VPrj, OSD comskip playback of program tested fine. Popup occurred after each comskipping stating completed ok.

Last edited by mdmint; 01-22-2005 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:58 AM
Sage Icon

Opus, I'm not sure what you mean by "there is no such thing as a "Like" setting in SageTV's core" since it obviously part of the STVs/Studio and the internal core logic uses it for IR.

Setting a "watched" and "don't like" DO NOT cancel each other out. I had talked to Jeff about this before adding it.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Carlo, this being the case could you revisit the idea of changing/reducing the choices? Here's a suggestion but it is totally up to you.

Cancel - Don't delete the show.
Delete - Delete the show and set it as watched (watched should already be set since you these choices are at the end of the show)
Delete Not Like -Just what it says.

IMHO the Recording Error delete option should remain in the Show Details screen, since if there is a recording error you will probably not watch the show to the end. As Opus explained, this option could also be used to set a show as not watched if you wanted to record the show again.

What do you think?
I'm not sure what these would do because you're still missing the other two alternatives. What if you want to delete the show but have it marked not-watched and like?

I actually can't think of a situatione besides marking "recording error" that the four choices don't work. I can understand it as overkill however if you don't use IR since you don't care about the like/not like attributes.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
Nope not processed with old version comskip, the archived shows which showed up as non-completed were manually initiated comskipped using 18B early that same day (the files listed for deletion I could see, no way to scroll down the list BTW), all had 4 files created including .VPrj, OSD comskip playback of program tested fine. Popup occurred after each comskipping stating completed ok.
OK thanks.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to technix Send a message via Yahoo to technix
I just wanted to confirm similar occurances with auto commercial skip.

My file has been processed and shows up in the OSD timeline bar. The auto Com Skip is enabled however it plays through the commercials. However, If I disable auto com skip while playing the file and reenable it it will then begin to auto skip.

I am using Cayars Test 18B.STV on Sage 2.2.3
Old 01-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Opus, I'm not sure what you mean by "there is no such thing as a "Like" setting in SageTV's core" since it obviously part of the STVs/Studio and the internal core logic uses it for IR.
I probably didn't word that the best way; I just meant there was no internal "Liked" setting as is indicated on your delete menu. Here's an example: the choices on your delete menu include something like "Not watched, Liked". In this case, I believe clearing the watched status clears all data SageTV might use to think that you liked the show, and the "Liked" setting simply clears the "Don't Like" marker. So, the Liked setting doesn't tell SageTV that you DO like it. Clearing both the Watched and Don't Like markers essentially clears all info for a show, so SageTV ignores it: you don't like it or dislike it; it simply doesn't exist. Once the file is deleted, its info will be removed from wiz.bin. (That's how I use malore's Viewing History menu to remove old junk from wiz.bin: clear Watched & Don't Like, then wait for an EPG update or 2.)

Quote:
Setting a "watched" and "don't like" DO NOT cancel each other out. I had talked to Jeff about this before adding it.
I know that it isn't a complete cancelling of each other, which is why I commented that "there is probably more to it than that." I didn't feel like getting into more specifics than that, since neither of us know exactly what the core does with it anyway. Jeff still has some proprietary secrets.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Sage Expert

ok, now i'm on to new comskip problems.

i am getting the behavior where i have a .txt file for a certain show but the osd isn't reading it and i get no purple bars.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I probably didn't word that the best way; I just meant there was no internal "Liked" setting as is indicated on your delete menu. Here's an example: the choices on your delete menu include something like "Not watched, Liked". In this case, I believe clearing the watched status clears all data SageTV might use to think that you liked the show, and the "Liked" setting simply clears the "Don't Like" marker. So, the Liked setting doesn't tell SageTV that you DO like it. Clearing both the Watched and Don't Like markers essentially clears all info for a show, so SageTV ignores it: you don't like it or dislike it; it simply doesn't exist. Once the file is deleted, its info will be removed from wiz.bin. (That's how I use malore's Viewing History menu to remove old junk from wiz.bin: clear Watched & Don't Like, then wait for an EPG update or 2.)
<snip>

- Andy
Correct, I was only "emulating" the wording you get on the originav2.stv when you use the "Don't Like" button BUT instead of saying "Clear Don't Like" I just said "Like". I figured this would be a little clearer in the thought pattern.

Enough said, we can move this to PM if needed.

Carlo
Old 01-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
ok, now i'm on to new comskip problems.

i am getting the behavior where i have a .txt file for a certain show but the osd isn't reading it and i get no purple bars.
If you open the text file is it empty or does it have the commercial markings in it?
Old 01-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
what font setting controls the font inside of the OSD (non-enhanced and enhanced)? I can't seem to make it bigger. If you could tell me the setting inside of Sage.Properties file, that would be helpful too. I want to change the actaul font, not just font size.

My inclination is that this OSD font is tied to some other font and if I make the OSD font bigger, then some other font will get too big. if i'm right, is tehre anyway to separate out these fonts?
i am looking for this setting as well. the show description on the OSD is a bit too hard to read and i want to make it bigger. the font settings under the detailed setup don't seem to affect the OSD.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Sage Expert

not empty, has commerxial markings. This behavior is pretty consistent as well. No comskipped show is showing up with purple markings no matter what i try

EDIT: I should also say that bringing up the options menu, it has "Enable Auto ComSkip" instead of "Commercial Detect" so that part of the program recognized detection

Last edited by abasu2003; 01-22-2005 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Sage Expert

ewerx,

I can't even remember posting that question. You must have gone far back in the thread for that one. BTW, I never got an answer but from what I can tell, there isn't one...as in the OSD font isn't easily manipulated. Don't hold me to that though
Old 01-22-2005, 04:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewerx
i am looking for this setting as well. the show description on the OSD is a bit too hard to read and i want to make it bigger. the font settings under the detailed setup don't seem to affect the OSD.
The sizing is very tightly tied to both the font and size. If you were to change it, you would not like the effect.