SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Sage Icon

An update on the external commercial processing. I've got the external pieces completed to process all files from oldest to newest. I also have the ability to pause/suspend Commercial Detection when you go into the OSD. I can't seem to get the STV to RESUME yet however. Externally it works but I can't yet find a "hook" inside the STV to get this working.

I'm very close and just wanted to give you guys a heads up on the status.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix
I just wanted to confirm similar occurances with auto commercial skip.

My file has been processed and shows up in the OSD timeline bar. The auto Com Skip is enabled however it plays through the commercials. However, If I disable auto com skip while playing the file and reenable it it will then begin to auto skip.

I am using Cayars Test 18B.STV on Sage 2.2.3
Haven't tried that workaround. To clarify, are you disabling reenabling auto comskip on the OSD popup menu or in detailed setup or both? If detailed do you keep the file open? Does the workaround "hold" for the same session after watching that show and starting another? Somewhat a mute point since I won't be putting 18B back on our AV room HTPC, kills WAF.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to technix Send a message via Yahoo to technix
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
Haven't tried that workaround. To clarify, are you disabling reenabling auto comskip on the OSD popup menu or in detailed setup or both? If detailed do you keep the file open? Does the workaround "hold" for the same session after watching that show and starting another? Somewhat a mute point since I won't be putting 18B back on our AV room HTPC, kills WAF.
the workaround is from the options menu while the file is playing. as soon as the file closes and a new one opens you have to do it over again
Old 01-22-2005, 05:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

Carlo, good job on the CC work!
How are you coming on the DVD compression stuff? The reason I ask is because I have a couple of movies that I want to burn to DVD, bit they are just a little too big to fit. I downloaded DVD Shrink and tried to shrink the .iso file your process creates but I was getting an error. I also tried shrinking it withe the Video_TS and Audio_TS folders created in the working directory, but that also gave me an error in DVD Shrink. I thought about compressing the files before burning them to DVD, but I did not see the option to add compressed files to the DVD burn list. I played around with Video Redo a little to see if I could cut out enough of the show previews and ending credits to do any good, but I still could not get the files small enough.

Any suggestions on how to shrink these files until you get compression up and running?
Old 01-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Sage Icon

To be honest rsagetv99 I haven't touched it. I want to get Cayas18TestC out with a version of the external commercial detection program that has the ability to pause and resume while in the OSD.

I've been juggling DVDBurner and the STV and I'm about to add a 3rd into the mix

This 3rd one should is part of the QManager suite I talked about earlier in the thread. As soon as this is released for testing, I'll be going back to look at compression in the DVDBurner as it seems to be the only major issue left to solve besides user environment things.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Sage Icon

Oh BTW, forgot to comment. DVDShrink should have been able to handle the ISO.
Try opening the ISO directly in DVDShrink as that is a supported method.

Also since you just d/led it, try a normal DVD and see if that works to make sure you don't have a DVDShrink issue.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Confirmed 18B comskip playback workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix
the workaround is from the options menu while the file is playing. as soon as the file closes and a new one opens you have to do it over again
Just tried it. Started playback, immediately popped up options menu and toggled comskip disabled/enabled and closed. Comskip worked as should. Maybe this will help Carlo find out what broke knowing this confirmed workaround for "comskip seeing but not skipping commericials during playback". Good catch.
Old 01-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Sage User

Problem with recording consecutive shows when using padding

I noticed that I am unable to record two consecutive shows when padding is used (I usually add one minute before/after). Is this normal functionality?

If so, could there be a conflict resolution choice that would allow us to ignore before/after padding this one time?

I am using Cayar v18B.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
This 3rd one should is part of the QManager suite I talked about earlier in the thread.
I searched the whole forum and this post is the only reference to QManager and "suite" yields only Weather Suite matches. Am I just being dense? My wife can tell you that I have also been known to search for things and not see them when they are right in front of my face. I think this is a Y chromosome problem.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Can anyone with DirecTV confirm this?
No response on this. Does anyone have any sort of satellite hooked into SageTV and use closed captioning for comskip?

I am still trying to figure out how I can get the signal from an externally connected directv receiver into SageTV. Assuming right now this would only be possible from a cable provider directly connected to the PVR card?

Last edited by pciccone; 01-22-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Sage Icon

Good news! Cant wait.

Quote:
An update on the external commercial processing. I've got the external pieces completed to process all files from oldest to newest. I also have the ability to pause/suspend Commercial Detection when you go into the OSD. I can't seem to get the STV to RESUME yet however. Externally it works but I can't yet find a "hook" inside the STV to get this working.

I'm very close and just wanted to give you guys a heads up on the status.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

Question Delete program file & comskip files same time

Carlo,
Is there some reason you can't program your (fantastic) STV to delete the comskip files at the same time the program file is deleted? It seems only logical if you're deleting the program file you want the comskip created files gone too. Yeah, I know how to delete under maintenance (or manually for that matter) but that's not the point. Having to delete them in separate steps from deleting the program file just seems silly. Or was it a conscience decision because doing so would make the delete function take longer having to scan for orphaned files evey program delete? If that is the case, how 'bout considering making it a confiurable option in detailed setup. Just my opinion.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois Parent
I noticed that I am unable to record two consecutive shows when padding is used (I usually add one minute before/after). Is this normal functionality?

If so, could there be a conflict resolution choice that would allow us to ignore before/after padding this one time?

I am using Cayar v18B.
In detailed setup there is an option to ignore padding if back to back programs are on the same channel. But no, it's not a conflict resolution option. (My solution was simple, 5 tuners and planning to add a couple 500s )
Old 01-23-2005, 02:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thinking about using this as it seems to have so much.

couple of questions after reading the release notes.

1) I can use an external dvd player, like zoomplayer to watch dvd's? when the dvd ends does focus return back to sage?

2)if using the internal dvd player for dvd's or movies on the hard drive. is there a way to have FF skip chapters instead of a default jump time?
Old 01-23-2005, 06:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
Just tried it. Started playback, immediately popped up options menu and toggled comskip disabled/enabled and closed. Comskip worked as should. Maybe this will help Carlo find out what broke knowing this confirmed workaround for "comskip seeing but not skipping commericials during playback". Good catch.
I was going to try and look at this yesterday, but I got exhausted shoveling snow and crashed early!

The confirmation above will/should make this pretty easy to find.

Thanks again.

Carlo
Old 01-23-2005, 06:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by setherd
Thinking about using this as it seems to have so much.

couple of questions after reading the release notes.

1) I can use an external dvd player, like zoomplayer to watch dvd's? when the dvd ends does focus return back to sage?

2)if using the internal dvd player for dvd's or movies on the hard drive. is there a way to have FF skip chapters instead of a default jump time?
1) You can use ZP as an external player. I don't use ZP myself so I don't know what it can/can't do, but if there is an option to have it close automatically when finished with the DVD then you could use that. Otherwise you would have to close it yourself and then SageTV will regain focus.

2) I don't add anything to this process. You can jump chapters in the DVD Player and I'll refer you to the SageTV manual on this.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Comskip issue?

I have a little issue with comskip. I'm not sure if this was already mentioned. I'm using 2.2.3 and version 17 of Cayars. Last night I recorded a 2hr movie, and in the timeline it showed a few small spots like there was commercials. Should that have happened? Also, what would happen if I wanted to burn it?

PVR - SageTV V2.2 Maint Release 2 Tuners

Asus P4P800 Dlx, P4 3.0GHZ HT, !GB RAM, 160GB HD, GeForce 5600XT, Plextor PX-TV402U and Hauppage PVR-150, Streamzap Remote, Sony 34" HDTV.

Last edited by Tony414; 01-23-2005 at 06:36 AM.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
1) You can use ZP as an external player. I don't use ZP myself so I don't know what it can/can't do, but if there is an option to have it close automatically when finished with the DVD then you could use that. Otherwise you would have to close it yourself and then SageTV will regain focus.

2) I don't add anything to this process. You can jump chapters in the DVD Player and I'll refer you to the SageTV manual on this.
thanks! I figured out that channel up/down lets me change chapters with the internal dvd player.

I have been using MCE2005 for a few months (without happiness) but I just remembered that I think zoomplayer has a commandline argument to close when what file passed to it is done.

now I just need to find a list of commanline parameters.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony414
I have a little issue with comskip. I'm not sure if this was already mentioned. I'm using 2.2.3 and version 17 of Cayars. Last night I recorded a 2hr movie, and in the timeline it showed a few small spots like there was commercials. Should that have happened? Also, what would happen if I wanted to burn it?
Yeah, that happens sometimes. Gotta remember Comskip is a user created util that "watches" the program and tries to figure out what parts are commercials. Sometimes does a better job than others. Hey, they don't want this type of feature to work so it's not easy to defeat them!
Comskip does nothing at all to the actual recording file, it creates 4 small data files that it uses during playing to skip the commercial frames.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Sage Expert

I just wanted to say that the workaround did not work for me. Just to clarify, I don't see the purple bars anymore, so when I enable/disable, I still don't see the purple bars.