SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-24-2005, 06:40 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
I've never needed to confirm it actually worked my 5 tuner setup, just knew the setting was there! Have you tried that function with an earlier version Cayars STV successfully?
mdmint,
At your suggestion I've installed V17 and I confirm that if I use pre-defined padding before and after the show, then I'm having the problem, that is I will not be allowed to record the second show when I select "Don't do anything". If I use a pre-defined padding only before the show then I will be able to record the second show.

The same is also true of V18B.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:00 AM
Sage Icon

Francois, You may not want to use padding if you only have one or two runers. An overlap of recording times will cause a conflict and may result in you not getting the second show recorded. This is a "core" thing and not an STV thing.

There is a setting for removing padding on back to back shows on the same channel in the core but this only helps for shows on the same channel. If they are on different channels then it doesn't help.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:01 AM
Sage Icon

I notice there is still lots of talk about the Auto Commercial Skip feature not working in 18B. I've said this is the case and it will be addressed in 18C!

Carlo
Old 01-24-2005, 07:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Tony414, were the colors red or purple? If purple they are from ComSkip but if they are red then it part of the show that is missing, like if you were skipping around channel surfing.

They are purple. I think I'm all set with this. I added my movie channels to Sage which helped. Thanks

PVR - SageTV V2.2 Maint Release 2 Tuners

Asus P4P800 Dlx, P4 3.0GHZ HT, !GB RAM, 160GB HD, GeForce 5600XT, Plextor PX-TV402U and Hauppage PVR-150, Streamzap Remote, Sony 34" HDTV.

Last edited by Tony414; 01-24-2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:11 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
No response on this. Does anyone have any sort of satellite hooked into SageTV and use closed captioning for comskip?

I am still trying to figure out how I can get the signal from an externally connected directv receiver into SageTV. Assuming right now this would only be possible from a cable provider directly connected to the PVR card?
I can verify that CC does not work through Dish Network either, at least not through the S-Video output. I don't know enough about it to say whether it would work through the RF output, but maybe you could test that.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

since I did a complete reinstall and started using version 18 my sage no runs comskip automaticaly but it will work one show at a time
Old 01-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

ok fixed it went into the properties file and enabled it
Old 01-24-2005, 10:28 AM
Sage Fanatic

Feature request: Is it possible to have the FF2 and RW2 buttons have dual functions. What I envision is while playing a show that is com-detected the FF2 would take you to the next comskip point (AKA Command 5) and RW2 would take you to the previous comskip point (AKA Command 4). If the show was not com-detected the FF2 and RW2 would skip the amount of time you have set in detailed setup (2.5 minutes by default).
Old 01-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
Feature request: Is it possible to have the FF2 and RW2 buttons have dual functions. What I envision is while playing a show that is com-detected the FF2 would take you to the next comskip point (AKA Command 5) and RW2 would take you to the previous comskip point (AKA Command 4). If the show was not com-detected the FF2 and RW2 would skip the amount of time you have set in detailed setup (2.5 minutes by default).
I would personally not like this at all. If it is user configurable then I'd be cool with it.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
I can verify that CC does not work through Dish Network either, at least not through the S-Video output. I don't know enough about it to say whether it would work through the RF output, but maybe you could test that.
I later found out that I have 3 WINTV-PVR-150s not 250s which from what I read the drivers dont support CC capturing (yet). I forgot what I bought and since the cards are very close in nature I thought they were 250s.

What kind of card do you use to encode your dish network stream?
Old 01-24-2005, 11:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yuck
Old 01-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I later found out that I have 3 WINTV-PVR-150s not 250s which from what I read the drivers dont support CC capturing (yet).
Is this a fact? Can this be confirmed? Is it a driver issue or a hardware issue? Is Hauppauge working on new drivers to support this? Where can I get more infor on this in general?

This fact is really holding up my rebuild of my SAGE box..

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to pciccone Send a message via AIM to pciccone Send a message via MSN to pciccone Send a message via Yahoo to pciccone
Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
Is this a fact? Can this be confirmed? Is it a driver issue or a hardware issue? Is Hauppauge working on new drivers to support this? Where can I get more infor on this in general?

This fact is really holding up my rebuild of my SAGE box..
What I do know:

- Release notes have no mention of CC support in the 150 drivers.

- 250 drivers DO mention CC support

- All the articles I have found including the one Carlo mentioned all note for 250/350 only.

- I opened a ticket for Happauge about it, I will let you know the response.

It would sure be nice to have for comskip
Old 01-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Sage Expert

Unhappy

Quote:

It would sure be nice to have for comskip
Does Comskip rely on CC data? I hope not, but who knows...I suppose I wont be getting either one until they get it right.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-24-2005, 01:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
Does Comskip rely on CC data? I hope not, but who knows...I suppose I wont be getting either one until they get it right.
No it does not require CC data to comskip commercials, it only helps in the accuracy of detection.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:34 PM
Sage Expert

Carlo and mdmint,

Had a breakthrough of sorts with the comskip. The purple shows up with the Enhanced OSD but not with the original OSD. This probably accounts for all the discrepancies. Hope this helps in solving the problem
Old 01-24-2005, 02:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
OTHER DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS
I've also been working pretty heavily on a transcoder which is why I haven't done much with FFMPEG. When I'm done with this, you'll be able to convert your MPGs to just about any format you have a codec on your machine. Most people will use it to convert MPGs to DivX or XviD. It will also be able to convert to another format so you can move videos over to a portable device too!

I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to release this one when it's done. At present I'm using a toolset (in trial mode) that won't allow me to compile to an EXE but works fine for development. The toolkit itself is semi-expensive so I don't know if I'll have a freeware version of this app or not. I'm sure there will be a trial version but we'll worry about this later.

In order to give you the most bang for the buck on the transcoder I'll have it do dual functions. It will be able to be used directly from the STV or from a queued batch (i.e. nighly processing). I'll also have a GUI on it so it will be very similar to Dr. DivX if you've ever used that before.
Carlo
How is this coming? I'm really looking forward to reducing the disk space my archived shows take up. I appologize if this is addressed else where - I could not find it. Thanks.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 01-24-2005, 03:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Yuck
To me it makes a lot of sense because it would save having to assign two additional buttons on the remote.

The way I use the Command 4 and Command 5 buttons I have now, is when I am watching a program and comskip misses the beginning of the commercial I hit the Command 5 which takes me to the end of the commercial segment - for some reason comskip does a better job at marking the end of the commercials. I also use Command 5 when I am watching one of those shows that insist on telling you what is coming up after the commercial break. Since I already have the entire show recorded I hit Command 5 to skip the teaser and the following commercial break. I can watch a 30 minute show in about 15 minutes this way.

Anyways, if it's not too much trouble maybe you could make it configurable, as I am sure ToxMox and yourself are not the only ones that like it the way it is.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

White94Cobra,
It's coming along slowly but surely.

I have it in a state where it works if I select codec options via a gui which makes testing so much easier. I need to create a "profile" type setting that will work with the different codecs which don't always have things in common. This is proving to be slightly more complext than I had originally thought.

I could probably pull out everything but DivX support and just use that for version 1. Also I haven't worked on it in a couple of days as I've been trying to finish up Cayars18TestC and the first version of the external Commercial Detection program which I'm currently testing on a couple of machines at the moment.

Unless something pops up this should be released tonight for testing.

Carlo
Old 01-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I later found out that I have 3 WINTV-PVR-150s not 250s which from what I read the drivers dont support CC capturing (yet). I forgot what I bought and since the cards are very close in nature I thought they were 250s.

What kind of card do you use to encode your dish network stream?
Acually, now that you mention it I think my STB is connected to my 150. Sorry.