SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-24-2005, 04:35 PM
Sage Expert

rsagetv99,

I think he meant yuck because it sounds kind of difficult to code. I think it gets away from people that imagination isn't the limit to Sage
Old 01-24-2005, 06:18 PM

Since installing Sage TV i have had one problem, since i am using the Optical SDIF audio out on my PC to connect to my receiver the system volume does not affect the actual volume level of anything coming out of the PC. After installing Cayars STV i was able to set "Audio uses system volume" to Disabled and now i can control the volume in Sage. Once i made this change i thought my problem was solved. However when I change channels sages resets its volume level to MAX. So if i have the volume level set just where i want it, then change channels, i have to turn it back down. (this irritates my wife at night if she's gone to bed already)

Also i have noticed that when a show ends, say at 6:30 and a new show starts even though both shows are on the same channel sage re-tunes my STB to the current channel which in turn also sets the sage volume level to MAX. I didn't notice it doing this (re-tuning the current channel) before i installed Cayars STV, so i don't know if it's a problem with the STV or with Sage in general.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gendalia
Wish list: It'd be very handy if it were possible to sort episodes by their episode number. I've managed to record a lot of episodes of one show, but it's been recorded very much out of order, and being able to sort by episode number would make it easier to find the lowest numbered episode.
Someone suggested that you sort by original air date, another solution is to sort by show id (which is basically the episode number) - Upon second look, I guess this only works if you use the malore style recording window.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt182
Since installing Sage TV i have had one problem, since i am using the Optical SDIF audio out on my PC to connect to my receiver the system volume does not affect the actual volume level of anything coming out of the PC. After installing Cayars STV i was able to set "Audio uses system volume" to Disabled and now i can control the volume in Sage. Once i made this change i thought my problem was solved. However when I change channels sages resets its volume level to MAX. So if i have the volume level set just where i want it, then change channels, i have to turn it back down. (this irritates my wife at night if she's gone to bed already)

Also i have noticed that when a show ends, say at 6:30 and a new show starts even though both shows are on the same channel sage re-tunes my STB to the current channel which in turn also sets the sage volume level to MAX. I didn't notice it doing this (re-tuning the current channel) before i installed Cayars STV, so i don't know if it's a problem with the STV or with Sage in general.

I don't get it. I am also using the Optical SDIF and my system volume still utilizes the master volume. Are you sure you have it set up correctly? Do I have mine setup correctly? I am using Nvidia's Sound Mixer as well
Old 01-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
rsagetv99,

I think he meant yuck because it sounds kind of difficult to code. I think it gets away from people that imagination isn't the limit to Sage
No I meant "Yuck" because I don't like it. Actually, I think it would be rather easy to implement.

rsagetv99, what's wrong with just using the other commands? They're easy to setup even on the older style Hauppauge silver remote. BTW, when AutoSkip is working correctly this probably won't be needed as much.

Last edited by Cayars; 01-24-2005 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

This is how mine is setup also. Although, I leave my PC at MAX volume and control the volume via my receiver instead. For me this is easy because I have my Harmony remote setup to use the Receiver to control volume for everything.

R U not doing this also?
Old 01-24-2005, 07:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I don't get it. I am also using the Optical SDIF and my system volume still utilizes the master volume. Are you sure you have it set up correctly? Do I have mine setup correctly? I am using Nvidia's Sound Mixer as well
Ditto. Using SPDIF out to amp, Sage volume control works. Using Sonic audio decoder, Nvidia direct sound out renderer.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:39 PM

I think my issue with the master volume not controling the SPDIF output may be a driver problem. I still don't understand though why sage resets it's volume level to MAX when i change channels.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Sage Icon

It might not be sageTV doing it at all. It could be something in the device driver.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

OK, I may have missed something since the release of 17, but I just realized tonight that all comskip is not working on all NEW shows since 17. All shows that had been previously comdetected are working fine. I've tried manual running comskip to no avail, and it seems to be enabled in all my files/settings. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks in advance for the help...
Old 01-25-2005, 12:21 AM
Sage Icon

Cayars18TestC.zip Released for Testing

Release 18 Test C
  • Fixed garbled text when selecting the audio track in a DVD.
  • Fixed Commercial AutoSkip in OSD
  • Added configuration option "Use CCs on Mute" to Detailed Setup-Audio and also to Detailed Setup->Interface->OSD Options->CC options
    Changed default working1 and working2 directories for DVDBurner to "C:\DVDTemp" & "D:\DVDTemp"
  • Addition of new EXTERNAL COMMERCIAL DETECTION manager (Test Release A).
  • Added the ability to have COMMERCIAL DETECTION paused when you enter the OSD and resumed when you leave the OSD. This is configurable in "Detailed Setup-External Setup->Commercial Processing (formerly Commercial Skip)->Pause Commercial Detection in OSD".
  • Added "/erase" option to DVDDecrypter command line used to burn ISO images to DVD disc.
  • Contains the Released version of DVDBurner!
18C NOTES FOR DVDBURNER:
1) Check you working directories to make sure they DO NOT have any spaces in them. Suggested/default paths are now "C:\DVDTemp" and "D:\DVDTemp".
2) NEVER EVER set the working directories to paths used for anything else as the first thing the DVDBurner does is DELETE all files in the "working directory".

18C NOTES FOR COMMERCIAL DETECTION:
1) To use the external commercial detection you will want/need to DISABLE the "Internal Background Commerial Processing" which is the old style comskip done via the STV itself.
2) Modify "CDRun.bat" file found in \SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\Cayars\External\CommercialDetect. Directions are at the top of the file.
3) Manually run CDRun.bat to start Commercial Detection or create a shortcut to this file in your startup folder so it will automatically start when a user is logged on.
***This is an early release test version of the Commercial Detection Manager. The final release version will run as a service on your machine and will be able to read your library files directly from the sage property files. These two features were left out for testing purposes.

This file is available for all VIP members. It is in the usual place. Just change the name of the file. As always, if you have any problems downloading this send me a PM.

EDIT: I have rebuilt one file in this release. Please see message 2707 for the update.

Last edited by Cayars; 01-25-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
OK, I may have missed something since the release of 17, but I just realized tonight that all comskip is not working on all NEW shows since 17. All shows that had been previously comdetected are working fine. I've tried manual running comskip to no avail, and it seems to be enabled in all my files/settings. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks in advance for the help...
Please read or search the last couple of pages of the thread before posting something that has been covered over and over again. Most of the "talk" in this thread for the last 2 days has been on this issue.

It's also fixed as promised in the Cayars18TestC release just posted.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:25 AM
Sage Expert

After briefly looking at 18C I have 2 issues:

-I see purple bars for the Enhanced OSD but not for the Original OSD when a show is commercial processed. When I do see the com bars, the comskip is working

-If I run CDRun.bat, no matter what I do, it never pauses. I enabled the feature in setup to pause when I enter the OSD but whether I go into Sage or watch a show, there is always a process called CommercialDetect that is running at 60-70 CPU
Old 01-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I think my issue with the master volume not controling the SPDIF output may be a driver problem. I still don't understand though why sage resets it's volume level to MAX when i change channels.
Do you happen to have Audio Uses System Volume set to Disabled? That setting used to always reset the volume to MAX on a channel change. I don't know what/how it effects SP/DIF output though otherwise.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Please read or search the last couple of pages of the thread before posting something that has been covered over and over again. Most of the "talk" in this thread for the last 2 days has been on this issue.

I can confirm that comskip works during playback 18C. (I don't know about not working not having OSD enhanced enabled, always have enabled on my Clients) We'll see if the release finally auto-processes Archives running within STV! I haven't had time to play with configuring and running your knew external comskip method yet. Likely won't for a couple days, digital cable box being delivered tomorrow. (First digital cable box, have been strictly analog cable 'till now, so will likely take some time integrating...and playing with it )

BTW, there is a default setting that should be reversed IMO, "pause commerical detection in OSD" is by default enabled, causes a popup error if comskip not running when starting playback.

Also, for the heck of it installed 18C over the top of 16 on my HTPC Client. Played with it about a minute, acted screwy, stuff missing/not displaying in detailed setup etc. So did my usual clean repair install of Client v2.1.10 after renaming SageTV dir, Core2 & 18C all okie-dokie. So if 18C is supposed install properly over the top it doesn't. But then, past version didn't either and it's no big deal to me. But, it should be made clear one way or the other what the preferred install method is. I know what mine is!

BTW, keep up the GREAT work Carlo! And give yourself a break and take a break. Don't burn yourself out.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
After briefly looking at 18C I have 2 issues:

-I see purple bars for the Enhanced OSD but not for the Original OSD when a show is commercial processed. When I do see the com bars, the comskip is working

-If I run CDRun.bat, no matter what I do, it never pauses. I enabled the feature in setup to pause when I enter the OSD but whether I go into Sage or watch a show, there is always a process called CommercialDetect that is running at 60-70 CPU
Two things to take note of. This will not work with "COMSKIP.EXE" as used in all previous STVs. It WILL ONLY pause/resume "COMMERCIALDETECT.EXE".
So if comskip was running you need to DISABLE this in setup.

In the same directory as cdrun.bat you will see a CDPause.bat and CDResume.bat. Trese are not use by the STV but are there for diagnostic purposes. Try running the pause bat file and then check and see if COMMERCIALDETECT's CPU usage drops to 0%.

I'll check on the Auto ComSkip stuff in the non-Enhanced OSD.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
We'll see if the release finally auto-processes Archives running within STV!
It won't as the internal comskip processing is being removed. All Commercial Detection will be done externally going forward.
Quote:
I haven't had time to play with configuring and running your knew external comskip method yet. Likely won't for a couple days, digital cable box being delivered tomorrow. (First digital cable box, have been strictly analog cable 'till now, so will likely take some time integrating...and playing with it )
It only takes a minute or two to setup. You don't even need to shut down sage to do it. Just disable comskip processing in setup then edit the CDRun.bat file and put a list of directories you want "CommercialDetect.exe" to process. Then just execute the bat file. That all there is to it. Adding it to the startup folder is optional.
Quote:
BTW, there is a default setting that should be reversed IMO, "pause commerical detection in OSD" is by default enabled, causes a popup error if comskip not running when starting playback.
Why? This is part of the reason it was moved externally! The old style comskip was useless to many people because it put to much strain on the machine when in the OSD.

You should not get a popup message at all when entering the OSD. I saw this one time in testing when I had a missing DLL file. This was easily reproducable by starting the cdrun.bat file and then waiting for it to process it's first file. Once it starts processing the file exeute the cdpause.bat file. This is where you might find you are missing an MFC runtime DLL which should be part of windows.
Quote:
Also, for the heck of it installed 18C over the top of 16 on my HTPC Client. Played with it about a minute, acted screwy, stuff missing/not displaying in detailed setup etc. So did my usual clean repair install of Client v2.1.10 after renaming SageTV dir, Core2 & 18C all okie-dokie. So if 18C is supposed install properly over the top it doesn't. But then, past version didn't either and it's no big deal to me. But, it should be made clear one way or the other what the preferred install method is. I know what mine is!
The test version is meant to be installed over top of 17 and not 16. Anytime you just more then one version of my STV you might need to re-install all three files again. The "cayars" dot zip file only contains updates from the previous release!

However, with that said if things look "screwy" on screen the cause of this 99%+ of the time is the missing background. In this case either make your way through setup and re-set it or exit sagetv and manually fix the property file.
Quote:
BTW, keep up the GREAT work Carlo! And give yourself a break and take a break. Don't burn yourself out.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars

No need to get testy. Most of the last couple of pages are (from what I can tell) issues related to imported/archived files (which I am not dealing with), OR issues related to the beta versions of 18, rather than comskip issues related to 17. That's really what I was trying to figure out, if this is a 17-related issue or something else, and/or if it applies to regular recordings rather than just import/archive files. I'll re-read all of it (PITA), but that's not always necessarily the answer.

Last edited by mbrown3; 01-25-2005 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:14 AM
Sage Expert

Missing screen icons still

I posted this about 1000 messages back, and got a quick responce basically saying "they should be there".

Well, this was/is of no help. I know you have a lot on your mind and a lot of things to do, but if you could, or someone else who is versed in the launguage of Studo and STV's help me out?

My problem is with the enhanced OSD. I get the enhanced display, but the green REW, PAUSE and FF icons are missing from the right hand side. If I turn on the volume control, the volume control shows up. Turn it off and nothing.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Sage Icon

broderp, screen shot please.

Also what resolution are you running in? What renderer are you using? Have you changed font default sizes? Any info you can give will help.