SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
broderp, screen shot please.

Also what resolution are you running in? What renderer are you using? Have you changed font default sizes? Any info you can give will help.
I am running 640x480i on my TV.

I haven't touched or messed with my renderer in so long, I forget what it means. I know I bought and installed SONIC, is this what you mean?

I have changed font sizes, but they have been missing way before then. I basicaly made all fonts 2 sizes smaller. (28 became 26 etc...)

If you need specifics about my renderer, let me know where to check it, and I will email the info with a screen shot tonight when I get home.

Thank you.

Also, I get a lont of "crashes" since going to V16. The program I am watching will start to run in SLOW MOTION, sound and all. I can sometimes put sage to sleep, then wake it up and restart the recording and it will be fine. But lately, 99% of the time after I put sage to sleep and then restart it, the show runs in SUPER FAST motion, then I will get a SAGE ERROR on the screen I have to shut down SGAE completely to get it to start. This usually occurs if I use like REW or FF on a show a lot, like clockwork actually. If I am just watching a recorded show, it will screw up maybe 1 time every 10 shows. SOmeone said it's my encoder/decoder (SONIC) but this didn't happen until I started to use STV's.

What encoder/decoder set is now currently the "choice" one for SAGE? (If this is the cause of the problem.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
No I meant "Yuck" because I don't like it. Actually, I think it would be rather easy to implement.

rsagetv99, what's wrong with just using the other commands? They're easy to setup even on the older style Hauppauge silver remote. BTW, when AutoSkip is working correctly this probably won't be needed as much
There's nothing wrong with using the other command and assigning them to different buttons, I am just trying to save the limited remote real-estate if you know what I mean. My suggestion would free up 2 buttons on the remote for other purposes.

If it is easy to do, here is another suggestion that other people may be more fond of. Instead of my original suggestion, what if you made it where Command 4 and Command 5 worked like RW2 and FF2 when there was no comskip data - meaning if a show is comskipped Command 4 and Command 5 would jump to the different commercial points, but if comskip data was not present then Command 4 and Command 5 would act just like RW2 and FF2 - that way, the normal RW2 and FF2 buttons would not be touched and would ALWAYS be available.

Then, if I decide I want to implement my earlier suggestion and save two buttons on the remote I can just change my irremote.ini file so that my RW2 and FF2 buttons are mapped to Command 4 and Command 5.

Is this more acceptable?
Old 01-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
No need to get testy. Most of the last couple of pages are (from what I can tell) issues related to imported/archived files (which I am not dealing with), OR issues related to the beta versions of 18, rather than comskip issues related to 17. That's really what I was trying to figure out, if this is a 17-related issue or something else, and/or if it applies to regular recordings rather than just import/archive files. I'll re-read all of it (PITA), but that's not always necessarily the answer.

Yeah, there's not much pertinent to my situation there, especially since much of it is about DVD stuff (which I'm not using) and mostly talking about 18B, when I'm only running 17. I can wait for the next release, that's no problem, just was wondering if there was something I should have done that I didn't.

Incidentally, I plan to "upgrade" my donation in the near future (have to clear some bills first). Thanks for the great, hard work on this.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Sage Icon

The problems you're describing aren't STV related, but core XP/SageTV issues.

It really sounds like it's time to un-install everything and start over with Decoders/JAVA/SageTV/STVs. Without doing this I doubt you're going to be able to fix these issues.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
There's nothing wrong with using the other command and assigning them to different buttons, I am just trying to save the limited remote real-estate if you know what I mean. My suggestion would free up 2 buttons on the remote for other purposes.

If it is easy to do, here is another suggestion that other people may be more fond of. Instead of my original suggestion, what if you made it where Command 4 and Command 5 worked like RW2 and FF2 when there was no comskip data - meaning if a show is comskipped Command 4 and Command 5 would jump to the different commercial points, but if comskip data was not present then Command 4 and Command 5 would act just like RW2 and FF2 - that way, the normal RW2 and FF2 buttons would not be touched and would ALWAYS be available.

Then, if I decide I want to implement my earlier suggestion and save two buttons on the remote I can just change my irremote.ini file so that my RW2 and FF2 buttons are mapped to Command 4 and Command 5.

Is this more acceptable?
No
Old 01-25-2005, 10:27 AM
Sage Expert

Carlo,

I did turn off the internal comskip processing as I didn't have any comskip's running but CommercialDetect's. I actually did run CDPause.bat and also found the same thing. IF I run that, then go into the OSD, I don't see any changes. I don't think its recognizing that the user is in the OSD.

EDIT : Sorry, I don't think i ran CDPause.bat last night. I just ran it again and I got this error. I guess its some C++ file. The picture quality on my screencapture seems to be really bad. Its saying "This application failed to start because MSVCP71D.dll was not found."
Attached Images
File Type: gif CommDetect.GIF (30.0 KB, 220 views)

Last edited by abasu2003; 01-25-2005 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:19 AM
Sage Icon

The error message you received basically tells me you don't have the MFC runtime files installed.

Instead of having anyone with a problem download and install the runtime I just re-built the one affected file and linked in the needed dll file.

Attached you'll find a zip file that you should extract to the /SageTV/STVs/OriginalV2/Cayars/External/CommercialDetect directory. Overwrite the existing ProcManager.exe file.

After doing this try the cdpause.bat file again and the error should go away!
(ps don't forget to run the cdresume.bat file again afterwards).

Carlo
Attached Files
File Type: zip ProcManager.zip (48.7 KB, 183 views)
Old 01-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Sage User

I've reread the past couple of days and am unclear as to the problems that folks are having with comskip. Is it (1) comskip runs successfully but the skipped sections aren't showing up when you go to play back a show or (2) comskip doesn't run automatically at all? Or maybe some combination of both?

I started having some problems with the latter. There were about five shows that it missed doing commercial skipping on last night automatically. I fired off manual comm detect processes on a few of those. The others didn't get picked up, but a few new shows that did get recorded overnight did get processed? So I'm not sure what is happening here?

I just recently installed an additional tuner into my box so I don't know if that's related or not? Is my problem part of what got fixed in the new 18C release? Or entirely unrelated?
Old 01-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Sage Icon

Drinyth,

Version 17 to 18B would process manual recordings and favorites but not IR or Archived. (generating the comskip file). Running a manual comskip on any of the files not processed would work.

Also when viewing the show/movie in the OSD you WOULD see the purple commercial marking but it didn't auto jump over them correctly.

The first part is being addressed by removing the commercial detection out of the STV and having it run externally to SageTV. This is done for many reasons and was released in Cayars18TestC last night.

The autoskip in the OSD was also fixed in Cayars18TestC.

So both of those issues are now taken care of. There is one other issue that I haven't looked into yet. It has been reported that the commercial cut points are not showing up if you don't have the enhanced OSD option enabled. By default the STV does use the Enhanced OSD so this will only affect users who manually switch back to the old style OSD layout.

Carlo
Old 01-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Drinyth,

Version 17 to 18B would process manual recordings and favorites but not IR or Archived. (generating the comskip file). Running a manual comskip on any of the files not processed would work.

Also when viewing the show/movie in the OSD you WOULD see the purple commercial marking but it didn't auto jump over them correctly.
These are opposite problems than I'm having, running 17. Running manual comskip has not worked at all on new shows, whereas my OSD does see the purple commercial marking and DOES skip properly, for those shows that were detected prior to 17. That is, any NEW shows (post-17) won't commdetect, even with manual attempt, but any OLD shows (pre-17) work fine (ones that have already been detected) and skip properly.

Either way, hopefully external commdetect will work for me, once it's released.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Drinyth,

I see. I'm having an unrelated problem then, I guess. I have some manual and favorites recordings that aren't getting processed for some reason. My preferences are set to automatically process these, but a few files have gotten skipped over for whatever reason.

I didn't let Sage sit around for very long before firing off manual processes on these. Is there a maximum number of comskip processes that can be running at one time? Might these shows not been processed because of this?

It's not a huge deal since the comskip stuff is moving being run externally from STV. I'm sort of curious as to what's going on more than anything.

Thanks for the quick reply, Carlo. And keep up the great work! Your customization rocks!
Old 01-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3
These are opposite problems than I'm having, running 17. Running manual comskip has not worked at all on new shows, whereas my OSD does see the purple commercial marking and DOES skip properly, for those shows that were detected prior to 17. That is, any NEW shows (post-17) won't commdetect, even with manual attempt, but any OLD shows (pre-17) work fine (ones that have already been detected) and skip properly.

Either way, hopefully external commdetect will work for me, once it's released.
My issues seem similar to yours. The first time it happened, comskip stopped working on all new shows. I restarted STV and it started processing those shows it missed.

Last night, it didn't process a handful of shows. I started off manual comskip processes on some of those and they finished ok. Went to bed and woke up finding some of the shows that were recorded overnight did get processed while some of the shows recorded before then still were yet to get processed. In all instances, my STV would skip properly once the comskip sections were detected, however. Strange indeed.

In any case, yes... hopefully with the external comm detect, everything will be peachy once again. Thanks again, Carlo!
Old 01-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
The error message you received basically tells me you don't have the MFC runtime files installed.

Instead of having anyone with a problem download and install the runtime I just re-built the one affected file and linked in the needed dll file.

Attached you'll find a zip file that you should extract to the /SageTV/STVs/OriginalV2/Cayars/External/CommercialDetect directory. Overwrite the existing ProcManager.exe file.

After doing this try the cdpause.bat file again and the error should go away!
(ps don't forget to run the cdresume.bat file again afterwards).

Carlo
Yup, before got error could not load msvcp71d.ll using CD pause &/or resume manually & in OSD. Searched HD inc. cabs didn't have it. That fixed error.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

18C external CD play nice

Does CD use the comskip ini play nice settings?
Old 01-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
Does CD use the comskip ini play nice settings?
Well it certainly can use any/all ini settings. Actually, I'm glad you mentioned this as I forgot about those settings.

I just took a look at the CommercialDetect.ini file and sure enough both "play_nice_start" & "play_nice_end" are there. With the new pause/resume OSD feature I should probably remove these from the ini file.

Anyone reading this should probably remove the last two line to improve performance. This will be the default in the next release.

Carlo
Old 01-25-2005, 12:30 PM
Sage Expert

the new ProcManager is working. I am gettign the pause effect whenever I am watching a show but not when I am playing around in the menu structure. I'm assuming that is the desired affect. If possibly, I think I might like to have it so that it goes into pause even if I'm navigating the menus since my computer tends to lag a little then too, but its not a big deal.

Good job on it though, seems to be working fine, even got my archived recordings that had previously never been touched.

mdmint, there is a commercialdetect.ini file that you can change
Old 01-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

BTW, for those that didn't notice. I created a new directory off the CAYARS/EXTERNAL directory called CommercialDetect. This now houses all the commercial detect programs.

I have renamed some of the files from ComSkip.* to CommercialDetect.* but they are really, one and the same. The reason for the rename is to allow us to talk "Detect" and "Skip" and know which part of the process we're talking about.

Commerial Detect = The one-time process (per mpg file) used to generate the commercial cut segments.
Commercial Skip = What is done in the OSD to automatically SKIP over the commercial cut segments.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Well it certainly can use any/all ini settings. Actually, I'm glad you mentioned this as I forgot about those settings.

I just took a look at the CommercialDetect.ini file and sure enough both "play_nice_start" & "play_nice_end" are there. With the new pause/resume OSD feature I should probably remove these from the ini file.

Anyone reading this should probably remove the last two line to improve performance. This will be the default in the next release.

Carlo
I vote leave them in so performance is user configurable.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
Good job on it though, seems to be working fine, even got my archived recordings that had previously never been touched.
Ditto, auto detecting archives I hadn't done manually yet!

Quote:
mdmint, there is a commercialdetect.ini file that you can change
Now that you confirmed it's existence went and found it in ...external\CommericalDetect dir, duh. I'd just looked in SageTV dir where comskip.ini is earlier.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
I vote leave them in so performance is user configurable.
You can always add them back in yourself.