SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
2. The long Disk Status guide (at the top center) doesn't seem to obey the settings in Setup that say how long it should look ahead. I have 96 hours but it refuses to show anything other than 48 hrs. Recording Schdule Menu works fine, just not the graph.
Unless Cayars changed this, you can click on that bar to get to its options.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Upcoming Recording shouldn't be on the Utilities/Setup menu.
Ok that is fine but how come the empty space is there for it and why are the Upcoming Recordings on the Setup Menu then?

Edit: I just realized that maybe you thought I meant a menu item called Upcoming Recordings when I was talking about the Upcoming Recordings window on the bottom of the screen in all the menus that shows what is currently recording/upcoming recordings.

Last edited by ToxMox; 11-05-2004 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Been wondering what "Watched Bars = Enabled" does? I must be missing something because I haven't noticed anything different with it enabled or disabled.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner
Call me an idiot, but....

I just installed version D and when I go to things like Cleanup of Orphaned files, I get prompted for what I want to associate VBS files with. Do I need to install Visual Basic runtimes, or .Net?

Mike
Mike ~

Just reinstall the Windows Scripting Host (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en). :-)

Hope this helps!

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 11-05-2004, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Been wondering what "Watched Bars = Enabled" does? I must be missing something because I haven't noticed anything different with it enabled or disabled.
That is for malore's 2-pane SageTV Recordings screen. Enabling that will tell it to display a colored bar on a recording's entry in the list, in proportion to how much of it has been watched. I find it to be a very nice way to tell what I've started watching & how much is left.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:30 PM
Sage Icon

Cayars,

With all my postings for ver D, I neglected to say one thing.......

The stuff I reported on was ing using Sage Client.

The server portion doesn't have the strange disk space problem.

I have found one other problem with client... nowhere on the setup menu does it let you set which sage server you're talking to. If memory serves it is supposed to be on the Advanced menu.

Stacy
Old 11-05-2004, 06:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Ok that is fine but how come the empty space is there for it and why are the Upcoming Recordings on the Setup Menu then?

Edit: I just realized that maybe you thought I meant a menu item called Upcoming Recordings when I was talking about the Upcoming Recordings window on the bottom of the screen in all the menus that shows what is currently recording/upcoming recordings.
Oh, now I understand, yea I caught that and a few other things that will be handled in an STV upgrade I'll post later tonight.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Cayars,

I have found one other problem with client... nowhere on the setup menu does it let you set which sage server you're talking to. If memory serves it is supposed to be on the Advanced menu.

Stacy
I never recall it working that way. I thought you could either have it "bind" to the present server you are connected to or nothing. I know in the past I would turn this off, then the next time I reconnect I'd fill in the server. Then back to setup and tell it to use that server.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Cayars,

Stacy
I was thinking about your "strange disk problem". It works fine for me. I got to thinking, how many days to you have you schedule set to "look ahead". If it's still at the default you won't be able to get 96 hours. You'd have to bump up the days so it does the look ahead.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

It was on the bottom of the General settings screen in OriginalV2, and Cayars is correct in that it only toggled between the connecting to the current server or not connecting at all. I don't think you could actually enter a server name or IP directly on that screen, had to do that when it started to get connected to a server to even see the rest of the stuff as far as I recall.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Sage Icon

What I've fixed so far for the next patch release:
Fixed Upcoming Recordings widget on bottom of Setup/Menu screen.
Fixed OSD click issue (same as "Info" button on remote).
Fixed The Weather Suite OPTIONS menu.
Fixed mouse button icon in The Weather Suite to exit
Fixed buttons sizes on options menu in Custom Guides 1 through Custom Guide 3

What I'm going to attempt:
Fix mini-guide using PgUp/PgDn instead of Up and Down arrow when not bound to the guide key (to get the mini-guide activated).

A question was asked: Is there a way to search for "Season Premiere?" There's been the "Sereies premiere and specials" floating around for a while, but it only catches brand new shows, not the first one of the season for a returning show.

I'm looking into this but there doesn't appear to be anyway to figure out "Season Premiers".

If you know of any other bugs, glitches or have any additional requests let me know.

Carlo
Old 11-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

Is there, or can there be, an option to switch the location of the remaining disk space between the top left logo position and back down to the lower right of the screen (where it was before)? It's hard to read in the smaller size in the logo position on a SDTV. Was nice on the bottom left though before.

BTW: The center top disk space deal is completely un-readable on a SDTV, so I just disable that one.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Carlo,

Is there any possibility of adding a scale or size option for the Enhanced Disk Status. On my SDTV it is a little hard to read. Everything else (that I use) is looking GREAT!

Thanks,

Lynn

Check the time and content of MLS's post and mine!!!
Old 11-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

Good timing eh?

Anyway, another thing... the blue transparency of the Options pop-up (right click when viewing LiveTV) does not cover the bottom area and leaves that section of the white outside border. Could be something to do with scaling and my resolution, not sure.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:45 PM
SageTVaholic

hey it is possible to change the delete orphaned files and text files from comskip
to G drive
I have SageTV installed on G drive not C drive
and I get an error when trying to use it

I could not find a way to do this myself
or I overlooked it
Old 11-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Did you edit the orphan.bat file?
Old 11-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

In Rel D, unable to play a recorded shows that are in a folder, or group of series from the video library without selecting Info and then Watch. Works ok for other individual files, just not for those in a grouped folder.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:16 PM
Sage Icon

Cayars,

In regard to the Season Premiere thing......

In the info that shows up in the long text inside Deltailed Info, the words Season Premiere are always present in the description. I just don't think anyone ever set up a "menu'd" search for that string of characters.

I looked all over around the end of September and every single show used that exact phrase, "Season Premiere"

Best regards,

Stacy
Old 11-05-2004, 10:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Did you edit the orphan.bat file?
I have no idea what you think I should edit

I am trying to edit where it thinks SageTV should be, not what video directories I have

if you can be more descriptive maybe I could figure it out
Old 11-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Oh, I must have miss understood you. Apparently you are working on trying to set comskip itself up. Since I don't use it, I wouldn't know much more than you do then. I thought you were asking how to set up the delete orphan files and other left over comskip file directories.

BTW: I had a similar problem with the weather suite not working right because its on drive D (instead of C), but I found were to change that in the config xml file.