SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-27-2005, 02:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Is the commercial detect manager only for use in version 18? I am still on 17 and don't have a commercial detect directory in my external applications folder under cayars.
thanks
JUC
Technically, yes to get the full effect. Without 18 it only does part of the process. The next version will not work without 18 installed.

I don't think I previously mentioned this or not but all test versions will timeout/stop working on a certain date or number of runs. This is done for numerious reasons but mostly just to make sure people upgrade test versions properly until there is an official released version.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99
OK, so if I am understanding this right, if I were to write something that will move the associated .txt files that were created by comskip after the FFMPEG process completes then I will still have the purple bars in the recording, and comercial auto-skip will work as well?
I should have mentioned I haven't actually tried this as I cut the commercials out before I transcode them but technically it should work.

Try it on one or two files and see what happens. Let me know.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
When do I ever implement something without giving you more option anxiety?

Right now, I've got the original OSD pause/resume in there as released in 18C. However, it is now set to DISABLE by default now. It was ENABLE before. I've also added a "Process when Screen Saver is Active"" setting which is set to ENABLED by default. If you have both enabled the screen saver setting will overide the OSD setting.

Curious, is your machine fast enough to do the processing without the need to pause?
Hmmmm, maybe? I'm still running 17, so I think it's just background processing all the time? Even for shows that are currently recording, it seems to do CD while they're recording. Which is nice because the CPU stays low that way.

I have an AMD 1800+ (1.5 GHz?) with 512 MB of ram and it seems ok. The menus seem slow sometimes but once I'm watching stuff it's usually fine. I've gone as far as to record two shows as once while CD was running and it worked pretty well. It might stutter a little bit, but I'd rather have a few stutters here and there and be able to have recently recorded shows right away than have to put it to sleep and come back hours later when its done? *shrug*
Old 01-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I don't think I previously mentioned this or not but all test versions will timeout/stop working on a certain date or number of runs. This is done for numerious reasons but mostly just to make sure people upgrade test versions properly until there is an official released version.
Will there be an open 18 beta before the current (CDM-B) stops working? I don't have access to 18C yet, so am still running CDM-B with 17. Just curious.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pciccone
I later found out that I have 3 WINTV-PVR-150s not 250s which from what I read the drivers dont support CC capturing (yet). I forgot what I bought and since the cards are very close in nature I thought they were 250s.

What kind of card do you use to encode your dish network stream?
UPDATE: I enabled my 250 today at lunchtime after fixing some other problems and I connected my DishNetwork STB to it through S-Video and guess what! I was able to enable Closed-Captioning. So if Hauppage ever decides to include CC support in their 150/500 drivers , or if SAGE eventually supports the MCE method of supporting CC , your DirecTV box will more than likely transmit CC. Hope this answers your question.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinyth
Will there be an open 18 beta before the current (CDM-B) stops working? I don't have access to 18C yet, so am still running CDM-B with 17. Just curious.
There won't be any open betas at all anymore. These are reserved for the VIP Donators.

The real question is, "Will 18 be released before it expires?"

Old 01-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Sage Expert

This may not be possible via an STV, but it would be very cool if you could use a Flash animation as a background (I found some very cool Shockwave flash files).
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 01-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The new STV has a process that writes an XML file out for every TV file on your system.

The XML file contains all the EPG data for the show as well as information such as the channel it was recorded on, it's location when captured, the capture board used, etc..

This XML file will have multiple uses, but the first thing that will make use of it will be the external Commercial Detect Manager.
Cayars,

What I would really like to be able to do is be able to output all that information for the recording schedule and all the recordings into a XML file. You'd just select a menu option, and everything would be outputted. It would do a traversal of everything and dump all possible fields into the XML output file.

This would allow us to write programs that could do lots and lots of things that we can't do otherwise. To do what I want with this data, I really don't need to do it within Sage. Here are some examples. Having the recording schedule with the padding info and recording mode would allow us to write a program that would tell us when the recording space would run out without actually manually doing the calculations. So you could set a bunch of manual recordings on Friday and the program would tell you that there was enough space until Monday at 7 p.m. For recordings, all the data would allow us to completely automate creating menus to cut and paste into any DVD creation software, create backups, move recordings and keep the EPG data, etc.

The reason I'd like a menu option to dump everything to XML file, as opposed to doing it on the server, is so that I can keep the Original STV on the server. I only use custom STV's with SageClient on my main PC because I only make DVD's, backups, and anything else advanced on my main PC over the network. I wouldn't do that while sitting in front of the TV. It doesn't matter that it's all output to one file, it's just that I want to be able to do it with SageClient. Most of the things I want the data for are for things that are better done on a client.

I would really appreciate it if someone who has Studio would do this. There's just no good way to do most of what I mentioned without access to the data. There's no way to even cut and paste anything out of Sage.

Last edited by zz5; 01-27-2005 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just a question for anyone that is compressing shows using a scheduled task:

Is there any way to get the scheduled task to run without having a password on the main account? The problem I have is that the task doesn't run because I have no password on my account. When I put in a password, the task runs but I get the welcome screen any time I reboot, which I want to avoid... Any ideas?
Old 01-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz5
Cayars,

What I would really like to be able to do is be able to output all that information for the recording schedule and all the recordings into a XML file. You'd just select a menu option, and everything would be outputted. It would do a traversal of everything and dump all possible fields into the XML output file.
My STV already supports writing the schedule information out to a text file configurable in setup. The XML files for shows is all ready done for avi/mpg shows for version D.
Quote:
This would allow us to write programs that could do lots and lots of things that we can't do otherwise. To do what I want with this data, I really don't need to do it within Sage. Here are some examples. Having the recording schedule with the padding info and recording mode would allow us to write a program that would tell us when the recording space would run out without actually manually doing the calculations. So you could set a bunch of manual recordings on Friday and the program would tell you that there was enough space until Monday at 7 p.m. For recordings, all the data would allow us to completely automate creating menus to cut and paste into any DVD creation software, create backups, move recordings and keep the EPG data, etc.
Why does this matter? Sage can/will manage the space for you. Also, just because you think you have the space doesn't mean SageTV isn't going to remove some shows anyway to make additional storage room after you've watched something.
Quote:
The reason I'd like a menu option to dump everything to XML file, as opposed to doing it on the server, is so that I can keep the Original STV on the server. I only use custom STV's with SageClient on my main PC because I only make DVD's, backups, and anything else advanced on my main PC over the network. I wouldn't do that while sitting in front of the TV. It doesn't matter that it's all output to one file, it's just that I want to be able to do it with SageClient. Most of the things I want the data for are for things that are better done on a client.
I hear what you're saying but it won't happen in my STV. I've specifically color coded many options in detailed setup to let people know which setting will only be effective on the server if running with the Cayars STV.

Much of my new additions only run on the server and not on the client so there isn't a duplicate of stuff going on. For example, the XML file creation will only happen if you are running the the STV on the server. It won't run if on the client.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyRex
Just a question for anyone that is compressing shows using a scheduled task:

Is there any way to get the scheduled task to run without having a password on the main account? The problem I have is that the task doesn't run because I have no password on my account. When I put in a password, the task runs but I get the welcome screen any time I reboot, which I want to avoid... Any ideas?
Why not set the machine up to login automatically with a password. This is what I do. Do a GOOGLE search and you'll turn up numerious ways to do it but only a registry entry is needed.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Why not set the machine up to login automatically with a password. This is what I do. Do a GOOGLE search and you'll turn up numerious ways to do it but only a registry entry is needed.
I agree and think MS's TweakUI utility is probably the easiest way to do it.
Can be downloaded here. Is tiny and free.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
Old 01-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Sage User

Carlo,
running SAGE 2.2.4 and Cayars 18c (Sage running as a service) if I go to channel setup I am stuck... the back button does not work and I am forced to shut down SageTV to get out. Is it me or the STV?
Old 01-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does anyone know how files are passed to the external player script?
looking at media files in my library, I see individual files show up as listed like m:\dvd\movie.avi but the dvd's I have copied to my HD are in video_ts folders.

is the IFO file passed to the script or just the movie folder like this: M:\movies\movie_name\video_ts\video_ts.ifo
or
M:\movies\movie_name\video_ts\

also does this STV work with the sage beta??

thx!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Why does this matter? Sage can/will manage the space for you. Also, just because you think you have the space doesn't mean SageTV isn't going to remove some shows anyway to make additional storage room after you've watched something.
If there's not enough space left, then Sage won't be able to record anything. It will have to erase something. And if it can't erase anything, it just won't record. That's what I'm trying to avoid. If my drives are full of manual recordings, things will no longer record. It's very easy to write a program to manage this problem. I just need access to the data. And this was just an example of the many things I want to do.

I'm not asking you to make this part of your STV. Just take the base STV and make that one change. Call it the "data access" STV. It's just a list traversal. You all ready doing almost the same thing. That's why I asked you. Other people have all ready made an option to export the EPG data for a single recording, but they don't include all the data like yours does. And it works with SageClient. You'd just have to copy what they did and add the extra fields. You do it one time and it's done. You wouldn't need to keep updating it. It would really save me a lot of time. Right now, if I want to save data, I just have to manually type it into Notepad.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:59 AM
Sage Fanatic

I upgraded to java 1.5 and I'm pretty sure that it broke my ability to compress mpg using ffmpeg. Is anyone else with 1.5, that had compression working before, having a problem after upgrading?
Old 01-28-2005, 01:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Another easy way to set autologon is-

1 Start-->Run--> control userpasswords2

2 UNcheck 'users must enter a name and password to logon' and click OK

3 You will be prompted for the account/password you want to autologon with.

peace . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I agree and think MS's TweakUI utility is probably the easiest way to do it.
Can be downloaded here. Is tiny and free.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
Old 01-28-2005, 10:30 AM
Sage Expert

General help issues

Assuming my transcoder and other parts come in today, I will be rebuilding my SAGE box this weekend. (new HD, PVR?, Transcoder) This will be a CLEAN install)

I normally wouldn't ask here, but since I use the Cayars STV, I'm wondering about a few things before I format and reinstall, and if I will effect the STV in doing so.

1. What files to back up to not loose my saved movies, favorites, settings etc...(any CAYERS specific files as well

2. Does SAGE/Cayers work with a PVR-250 and 150(retail)? Any remote issues? how about a 250 and a 500MCE?

3. Does Cayars allow me to select WHICH PVR card I use for a specific show? I will not get CC (closed captioning) on the 150, and that will be fine for some shows, others I want to be sure to record this information and have it.

4. Does CAYERS allow me to select what PVR card to use for playback, or is playback all software? (See CC issue above)

I'm already going to have to customize my case to mount a second HD, so I have some fabricating to do, I want the software part to go smooth as possible.

Thanks.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Sage Icon

broderp, just backup your property and wiz.bin file from the sagetv directory.
There is no way to select which PVR card gets used to record shows.
PVR cards aren't used for playback, only recording.

I understand the questions regarding the CC recording issues. I have the same problem with non PVR-250/350 boards not capturing the CC info. I've asked Jeff for a couple of modifications in SageTV 3.0 if it doesn't do native CC capture on all boards. With the requests to Jeff I'd be able to work around it somewhat.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Sage Icon

Please take a look at the list of station names below and see if I missed any.

The new version of Commercial Detect Manager (CDM) will use a config file from this point on as it will be needed when running as a service. This will be the "default ignore channel list" so I'd like to try and get as many of the commons ones as possible for the release. This is off my EPG list. Sorry they aren't alphabetical.

HBO,MAX,SHOW,ENCORE,ENCOREP,SUNDAE,SUNDAEP,FLIX,FLIXP,HBOHD,MAXHD,SHOWHD,STARZHD,HOTNET,HBODEM,HBO2,HBOSIGHBOF,HBOC,HBOP,HBOSIGP,HBOFP,HBOLAT,HBOLATP,CINDEM,MOMAX,MAXP,MOMAXP,ACMAX,THMAX,ACMAXP,WOMAX,ATMAX,5MAX,OMAX,SHOWDEM,SHOTOO,SHOCSE,SHOWP,SHOTOOP,SHOCSEP,SHOWB,SHOWX,SHOWXP,SHOWBP,TMC,TMCP,TMCX,TMCXP,TMCDEM,STARDEM,STARZ,STRZTH,BLKSTZ,STARZF,STARZC,STZKIDS,STARZP,STARZCP,SHWCSE1