SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Please take a look at the list of station names below and see if I missed any.
AMCP is the only one missing from your list on my analog cable. I assume I can edit the file so other stations (i.e. TNTP, USAP, etc, which I watch for movies) can be added to the list, so AMCP is the only "true" movie station for me.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Sage Icon

Yes it will be configurable. I'm just trying to get as many as possible in there to save people work.

In case I wasn't clear. These stations should be "commercial free" hence there will be no need for commercial detect to run on these shows.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:08 PM
Sage Expert

Commercial Detect has been crashing on me lately. I get the following Windows error:

CommercialDetect.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry...

Detail:
AppName: commercialdetect.exe
ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180
Offset: 0001142e

This is on two different machines (one AMD FX53 and one Intel P4 3.0 GHz). Running WinXP Pro SP2 on the AMD and WinXP MCE 2005 on Intel. All hardware between the machines is completely different (one ATI on Nvidia, on Intel chipset on VIA, etc) Java v1.5, latest NVDVD, SageTV v2.2.4B with 18C and the latest comdetect posted. The WinXP MCE 2005 is a fresh install from one week ago.

I haven't been around when it crashes, but it seems to be crashing after it has processed all older recordings and then starts processing shows as they are recording.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 01-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Sage Icon

I hate to do this White94Cobra, but I'd suggest you post this over in the comskip forum/thread.

Just mention in that message that you're using a renamed comskip.exe version 65 OR just change all occurances of commercialdetect with comskip as it will be less confusing for anyone reading it.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cayars, did you see my last post?
Old 01-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz5
Cayars, did you see my last post?
I just went back and re-read it. I don't however, understand what you're asking for SCHEDULE wise as I've already done this.

BTW, something to think about. We use variable bitrates for the more popular recording types. So you can't accurately calculate how much space a particular recording is going to need.

I still don't understand why you're trying to manage the system manually when SageTV can/will do this for you. It's a battle you're not going to win.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
broderp, just backup your property and wiz.bin file from the sagetv directory.
There is no way to select which PVR card gets used to record shows.
PVR cards aren't used for playback, only recording.

I understand the questions regarding the CC recording issues. I have the same problem with non PVR-250/350 boards not capturing the CC info. I've asked Jeff for a couple of modifications in SageTV 3.0 if it doesn't do native CC capture on all boards. With the requests to Jeff I'd be able to work around it somewhat.

THANK YOU.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I hate to do this White94Cobra, but I'd suggest you post this over in the comskip forum/thread.

Just mention in that message that you're using a renamed comskip.exe version 65 OR just change all occurances of commercialdetect with comskip as it will be less confusing for anyone reading it.
What's strange is I've been using Comskip for months with w/o a single crash. It started crashing after I began using it via the CDRun batch file. I'll try going back to the old method for a while to see if it continues to crash.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 01-28-2005, 01:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra
What's strange is I've been using Comskip for months with w/o a single crash. It started crashing after I began using it via the CDRun batch file. I'll try going back to the old method for a while to see if it continues to crash.
Yeah, that is strange. I've not encountered any problems switching to external comdetect. Good idea to go back to using internal and see if crashes continue, may be something else going on causing the crashes.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
3. Does Cayars allow me to select WHICH PVR card I use for a specific show? I will not get CC (closed captioning) on the 150, and that will be fine for some shows, others I want to be sure to record this information and have it.
You can set encoder usage priority order in SageTV properties file. Not exactly what you asked for but could be useful. Say you have two (or more) Fav's recording same time and you want one of them on a particular encoder. The Fav with the highest Fav priority will go the the encoder with the highest priority etc. If only one show recording always will use encoder with highest priority merit.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Sage User

Quote:
broderp, just backup your property and wiz.bin file from the sagetv directory.
If we are doing a clean install of the same version we are already using, would it also make sense to back-up the cayars-menu.xml if we have made menu customizations?
Old 01-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Please take a look at the list of station names below and see if I missed any.
IFC (Independent Film Channel) and TCM (Turner Classic Movies - my dyslexia always trips me up on TCM v TMC).
Old 01-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebanovich
If we are doing a clean install of the same version we are already using, would it also make sense to back-up the cayars-menu.xml if we have made menu customizations?
Yes
Old 01-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Sage Icon

Commercial Detect Manager Test Version D Released

I've Released Commercial Detect Manager Test Version D. See the first message in the thread for the download location.

This file isn't needed if you are upgrading to the Cayars18TestD.zip file which will be uploaded shortly to the normal VIP location.

COMMERCIAL DETECT MANAGER (CMD)
Command line options are no longer used. All information is now taken from the CommercialDetectManager.cfg (config file).
Video Directories should be updated in the VIDEODIRECTORIES section. Seperate each video directory with a comma.
New to this config file is a entry for SLEEP. This entry tells CDM how long to "sleep" after it gets done processing all files before it starts all over again.
Another new option for the config file is IGNORECHANNELS. Any Channel Number or Station Name entered here will cause CDM to skip processing the show. Mostly used for premium channels without commercials.

NET Framework 1.1 is required. If you don't have this you can d/l it HERE.

Last edited by Cayars; 01-30-2005 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:35 PM
Sage Icon

DVDManager 1.1 Upgrade Released

DVDManager has been upgraded to version 1.1.

This file isn't needed if you are upgrading to the Cayars18TestD.zip file which will be uploaded shortly to the normal VIP location.

Please see the first message of the thread for download locations.

NET Framework 1.1 is required. If you don't have this you can d/l it HERE.

Last edited by Cayars; 01-30-2005 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Sage Icon

Cayars18TestD.zip Released for Testing

Cayars18 Test D has been released.

Version 18 Test D
  • Fixed Archive processing on internal comskip code.
  • Added Default Padding for Manual Recordings.
  • Change Left/Right arrow key functionality in Start/Stop Padding Entries.
  • LEFT now goes back in time and RIGHT goes forward in time.
  • Enabled mouse button clicks on ICON BAR for MANual recordings, Watched, & Don't Like to toggle these settings.
  • Changed default to DISABLED for option "Pause Commercial Detection in OSD" in setup.
  • Added new option "Process when Screen Saver is Active" setting to commercial detect setup which is set to ENABLED by default. If you have this and "Pause Commercial Detection in OSD" both enabled the screen saver setting will overide the OSD setting.
  • Added a process that writes an XML file for every TV file on your system. The XML file contains all the EPG data for the show as well as information such as the channel it was recorded on, it's location when captured, the capture board used, etc.. This XML file will have multiple uses, but the first thing that will make use of it will be the external Commercial Detect Manager.
  • Added XML file type to Ophan Cleanup Module.
  • Added IconBar to "Upcoming Recording Schedule".
  • Includes DVDBurner 1.1 Upgrade
  • Includes CommercialDetectManager (CDM) Test D

This STV release is for VIP members and can be downloaded from the normal place. The file name is Cayars18TestD.zip
Old 01-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Sage Icon

If you happened to have downloaded Cayars18TestD.zip before I typed this message please download it again. I had to make a small change.

I renamed the STV file just to make sure. The zip file name is the same but the actual STV file is called "Cayars18TestD2.stv).
Old 01-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
If you happened to have downloaded Cayars18TestD.zip before I typed this message please download it again. I had to make a small change.

I renamed the STV file just to make sure. The zip file name is the same but the actual STV file is called "Cayars18TestD2.stv).
So that would make it Cayars18Test R2D2!
Old 01-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Have you thought at all of creating a database to store this in.. perhaps MySQL or some other free database engine? Might be a better way to store things than the plethora of .log,.txt, .xml .. dot dot files..

I think MythTV does this.. I'm not sure how effective it is, but it sounds like a logical way to database all the info.. text files and such are just so messy!
Old 01-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

I seem to have screwwed up again. I installed commdetect manager on my laptop which has client on it pointed it to my sage machine through mapped network drives. Ran it it deleted what it said were orphan files but it was also all my commskip files and it says all files already processed but none of my files have commskip files anymore. Is thre an instruction page for this file?