SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Sage Expert

I could be wrong, but I don't think the newest ComDetect is pausing/resuming properly. I first installed it, started the ComDetect Manager and then started the OSD. It paused. Then I exited the OSD and it didn't resume. I manually resumed the ComDetect using CDResume.bat and it started again but then when I went back to the OSD it never paused.

Is it supposed to pause when its in the menus or when its actually showing a video? Did anything change on this end from the newest release?
Old 01-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Sage Expert

I think there is a problem with the xml files too. They keep showing up in the orphan files and keep getting deleted. Then at some point, they get regenerated (within minutes).
Old 01-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Sage User

DVD burner 1.1 not working

DVD burner 1.0 worked fine. Just tried out DVD burner 1.1 and immediately get an error. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 01-28-2005, 06:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Have you thought at all of creating a database to store this in.. perhaps MySQL or some other free database engine? Might be a better way to store things than the plethora of .log,.txt, .xml .. dot dot files..

I think MythTV does this.. I'm not sure how effective it is, but it sounds like a logical way to database all the info.. text files and such are just so messy!
A database really wouldn't work very well for most of this stuff. It would slow things down a lot and make cleanup of information really difficult. It would also add one more thing to go wrong like when the wiz.bin file gets corrupted. It would also use more memory.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddarr
DVD burner 1.0 worked fine. Just tried out DVD burner 1.1 and immediately get an error. Anyone else have this problem?
Repost this in the DVDBurner thread and give me the error message along with an attachment of the debug.txt file.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
I could be wrong, but I don't think the newest ComDetect is pausing/resuming properly. I first installed it, started the ComDetect Manager and then started the OSD. It paused. Then I exited the OSD and it didn't resume. I manually resumed the ComDetect using CDResume.bat and it started again but then when I went back to the OSD it never paused.

Is it supposed to pause when its in the menus or when its actually showing a video? Did anything change on this end from the newest release?
Yes, by default it pauses now when ever the screen server isn't running. In other words it only processes now when the screen save is active. You can re-configure this functionality in detailed setup and make it the OSD style as it was previously.

BTW, the STV internally tracks the status of pause/resume so if you manually change it you will be out of sync with the STV.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Sage Expert

If I understand you correctly, that means if I enable "Process while Screen Saver is active," ComDetect only works when the screensaver is on? Not sure I like that but to each his own.

However,

I disabled that, and I still can't get ComDetect to kick back on after going into the OSD. I tried just stoppign video playback and sleeping the OSD. Nothing is working.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
If I understand you correctly, that means if I enable "Process while Screen Saver is active," ComDetect only works when the screensaver is on? Not sure I like that but to each his own.
Some people on slower machines had problems with menus taking a long time to update because CD was running. With the new default option is will work well even on very slow machines.

Of course you have the option to change the functionality to pause only in the OSD or no pausing at all.
Quote:
However,

I disabled that, and I still can't get ComDetect to kick back on after going into the OSD. I tried just stoppign video playback and sleeping the OSD. Nothing is working.
Based on what you said earlier, the settings are probably out of sync. This is something I know I'm going to need to track better (some how). What I'd suggest doing is shutting down SageTV. Stopping CDM and then restarting CDM and then SageTV. Everything should agree at that point.

This sync issue is at the top of my TODO list. Don't be suprised if you see a couple quick releases/patches to "D" to handle this stuff better. It's a little tough testing all the iterations and the best testing is done by the users.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Sage User

Clock but no volume on OSD

Hi, I am using Cayars17 with Enhanced OSD. I disabled Volume Bar because I use my AV receiver instead. However, it seems disabling Volume Bar also removed the clock from the OSD. I would like to still have the clock. Is there a way to do this? Or did I just just do something wrong to make this happen?

P.S. This thread is huge. Wouldn't it make sense to have a sub-forum instead? I thought in vBulletin you could have sub-sub-forum (e.g. a sub-forum under the SageTV Customizations forum). That would be a lot better way, so different issues are not all lumped together, and people can use the subscribe to thread feature for the topics they are interested in following...
Old 01-28-2005, 09:05 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Based on what you said earlier, the settings are probably out of sync. This is something I know I'm going to need to track better (some how). What I'd suggest doing is shutting down SageTV. Stopping CDM and then restarting CDM and then SageTV. Everything should agree at that point.
I did do this already. I shutdown everything. Started Sage, ran CDRUN.bat, CommercialDetect started running in the UI but stopped when I started watching a show, then never kicked back on.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think there is a problem with the xml files too. They keep showing up in the orphan files and keep getting deleted. Then at some point, they get regenerated (within minutes).
I fixed this in the STV for the next release.

BTW, if you are running CDM you can forget about the ophan file management in the STV. CDM does this for you now.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewerx
Hi, I am using Cayars17 with Enhanced OSD. I disabled Volume Bar because I use my AV receiver instead. However, it seems disabling Volume Bar also removed the clock from the OSD. I would like to still have the clock. Is there a way to do this? Or did I just just do something wrong to make this happen?
What screen resolution are you running in? Also, did you make any adjustments to your fonts? If you could grab a screen shot (in VMR9 mode) and upload it that would be of help.
Quote:
P.S. This thread is huge. Wouldn't it make sense to have a sub-forum instead? I thought in vBulletin you could have sub-sub-forum (e.g. a sub-forum under the SageTV Customizations forum). That would be a lot better way, so different issues are not all lumped together, and people can use the subscribe to thread feature for the topics they are interested in following...
Yes, there is an option to do that in vBulletin and it's been discussed but it's not going to happen.

Keep in mind this is a support system for Frey Technology and not for Carlo and his Ultimate STV & Utilities.

I will probably very soon open a website just for this and some upcoming new stuff. Some/much of it can be used on platforms besides SageTV and I'll be making changes to do this. There will be a lot of potential for some of the upcoming utils and I might as well capitalize on it. Once I do that it wouldn't be right to have people post questions here anyway.

When I do this (new site) I'll of course still watch this site just like I always do, but I'll probably try and keep conversations here specific to the STV and ask that the utility based things be moved over to the new site.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:08 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to aberson
no program info on tv recordings screen when background video enabled

Hi Carlo
I mentioned this a few hundred posts ago, and I've read about halfway between then and now and haven't found any response to it, and I don't see it listed in the any of the version 18 stuff, so I'm assuming it was lost in the clutter. [I wish threading worked better on this board]

Anyway, in version 17 if I enable background video then I lose all the program info and icon bar from the top of the screen in the "TV Recordings" screen. [If I set it to only show video when active, then when video isn't active things behave as usual]

The info IS available in other similar screens, such as the upcoming recording schedule.

There's a screenshot in my original post.

Thanks
Adam
Old 01-29-2005, 02:35 AM
Sage User

Holy Crap WOW! I'm speachless. Thank you.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:36 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I've Released Commercial Detect Manager Test Version D. See the first message in the thread for the download location.

This file isn't needed if you are upgrading to the Cayars18TestD.zip file which will be uploaded shortly to the normal VIP location.

COMMERCIAL DETECT MANAGER (CMD)
Command line options are no longer used. All information is now taken from the CommercialDetectManager.cfg (config file).
Video Directories should be updated in the VIDEODIRECTORIES section. Seperate each video directory with a comma.
New to this config file is a entry for SLEEP. This entry tells CDM how long to "sleep" after it gets done processing all files before it starts all over again.
Another new option for the config file is IGNORECHANNELS. Any Channel Number or Station Name entered here will cause CDM to skip processing the show. Mostly used for premium channels without

commercials.
FWIW, I couldn't get this to work at all. I'm still running version 17 and I don't know if that matters or not? CDM ran and it was properly reading the .cfg file (as I changed the sleep values and it worked), but it kept saying that there was nothing to process despite deleting all the extra .txt, .VPrj, etc files for a show. I reverted back to "C" and it picked up just fine.

Also, I did move all my content to D:\SageTV (if you note previously it was just in D:\) just to make sure nothing weird was going on there. Still wouldn't pickup new shows.

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2005, 07:01 AM
Sage Icon

CDM Version D isn't going to work on 17 out of the zip without having the XML files available so it can check the channel numbers/names.

HOWEVER, I forgot to mention, for 17 users, you should be able to remove the channel values from the config file and it should then work.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberson
Hi Carlo
I mentioned this a few hundred posts ago, and I've read about halfway between then and now and haven't found any response to it, and I don't see it listed in the any of the version 18 stuff, so I'm assuming it was lost in the clutter. [I wish threading worked better on this board]

Anyway, in version 17 if I enable background video then I lose all the program info and icon bar from the top of the screen in the "TV Recordings" screen. [If I set it to only show video when active, then when video isn't active things behave as usual]

The info IS available in other similar screens, such as the upcoming recording schedule.

There's a screenshot in my original post.

Thanks
Adam
It was lost in the clutter. I'll check it out now.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:49 AM
Sage User

closed caption

I am not able to get the built in closed caption support to work. I know that the files have closed caption, b/c if i run mpg2srt.exe on them i get the caption information. I am using the sonic encoder, I have tried VMR9, and overlay, and I have overlay color keying off.

When I am watching the file, I right click, and get the menu. I click on Captions(Off) and it does not change to CC1 or CC2, it stays on Off. I have had it working on my laptop, but alas my laptop is in the shop now, so I am trying it on my client on a desktop.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazador
I am not able to get the built in closed caption support to work. I know that the files have closed caption, b/c if i run mpg2srt.exe on them i get the caption information. I am using the sonic encoder, I have tried VMR9, and overlay, and I have overlay color keying off.

When I am watching the file, I right click, and get the menu. I click on Captions(Off) and it does not change to CC1 or CC2, it stays on Off. I have had it working on my laptop, but alas my laptop is in the shop now, so I am trying it on my client on a desktop.

Any help would be appreciated.
I don't know if the sonic decoders support CC or not. Anybody know?
Old 01-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Sage User

Quote:
CDM Version D isn't going to work on 17 out of the zip without having the XML files available so it can check the channel numbers/names.

HOWEVER, I forgot to mention, for 17 users, you should be able to remove the channel values from the config file and it should then work.
Removed the channel names and it worked like a champ. Thanks!