SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Sage Icon

Sorry I fogot to mention it in the release "post", but at least I remebered to handle this in the code itself!

Unless, any problems turn up in this release or I find something else to add, the next build will be to make this a service.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Sage User

adding music library file extensions

All,
I am trying to add an extension for my purchased real music files (i.e. the .rax exentsion). I have gone to the Multimedia section under setup anD have added the extension to the Music Library File Extensions selection. I restart Sage and the files do not show up under my MusiC Library list, but rather my Video Library (Imported) list. Any ideas as to how I might fix this?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Sage User

Just installed cayars - having issues

Hello,
I finally got around to trying Cayars STV today. I installed it, using Cayars instructions on the first post of this thread. I started up sage (v2.2) and went to detailed setup > advanced to switch to the cayars.stv (was previously using maldude.stv). When I choose cayars.stv, everything goes wacky. The look of the menu's and things doesn't change, but the buttons on my Hauppauge remote do some crazy things. For instance, if I press "Back" on my remote, it makes portions of the menu disappear.
I don't understand what's going on, or why switching to the cayars.stv doesn't automatically change the look and feel of the menu's, or why the buttons on my keyboard and remote now do seemingly random functions.
Once I switch to cayars.stv, the only way that I can regain any control over sagetv is to exit the program and restart. When I do this, maldude.stv is once again the chosen .stv and things are back to normal. I know this probably doesn't make any sense, as I've never seen a problem quite like this. I was hoping someone could help me out with this. What questions can I answer?
Old 01-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scutrmatt
Hello,
I finally got around to trying Cayars STV today. I installed it, using Cayars instructions on the first post of this thread. I started up sage (v2.2) and went to detailed setup > advanced to switch to the cayars.stv (was previously using maldude.stv). When I choose cayars.stv, everything goes wacky. The look of the menu's and things doesn't change, but the buttons on my Hauppauge remote do some crazy things. For instance, if I press "Back" on my remote, it makes portions of the menu disappear.
I don't understand what's going on, or why switching to the cayars.stv doesn't automatically change the look and feel of the menu's, or why the buttons on my keyboard and remote now do seemingly random functions.
Once I switch to cayars.stv, the only way that I can regain any control over sagetv is to exit the program and restart. When I do this, maldude.stv is once again the chosen .stv and things are back to normal. I know this probably doesn't make any sense, as I've never seen a problem quite like this. I was hoping someone could help me out with this. What questions can I answer?
I've seen similar problem. Sounds like pieces of Maldude STV is getting mixed in with Cayars. Likely only solution is to install Cayars on clean Sage install. (hopefully it's Client so it'll be easy)
Old 01-29-2005, 02:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scutrmatt
Hello,

Same thing happened to me. I had to finally Exit SageTV, open up the Sage.Properties file and find the ".stv" that was setup and manually change it to the cayars17.stv. Once I saved the file and restarted Sage, everything was where it was suppose to be.

Robert.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
What screen resolution are you running in? Also, did you make any adjustments to your fonts? If you could grab a screen shot (in VMR9 mode) and upload it that would be of help.
I am running 800x600, using S-Video out on Nvidia, and VMR9 with 3D Accel enabled. I didn't change any font settings.

Attached is a screenshot in VMR9 mode (fullscreen) with OSD showing but no clock visible. It looks the same in window mode.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss_noclock.JPG (72.1 KB, 225 views)
Old 01-29-2005, 05:05 PM
Sage Icon

scutrmatt, follow the instrutions mdmint said above. This should fix your problem. If by chance it does not there is one other thing to check on and that would be the background graphic. If it's pointing to a "bad" graphic file you'll get what you described also. Chances are mdmint's suggestion will fix your problem.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewerx
I am running 800x600, using S-Video out on Nvidia, and VMR9 with 3D Accel enabled. I didn't change any font settings.

Attached is a screenshot in VMR9 mode (fullscreen) with OSD showing but no clock visible. It looks the same in window mode.
Hmm, I don't "SEE" no clock missing.

Thanks, that helped. Do me a favor and try another resolution if you can and let me know if you see it then. You can of course change right back.

BTW, any reason you're running at 800x600 instead of 720x480? If you get your system to run at 720x480 you'll have a little better picture quality and will save some CPU cycles in the process as the image doesn't have to stretched/enlarged. You're recording at 720x480 so you might as well output at the same resolution also.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Sage Icon

I don't see the clock either. I just assumed it was gone forever. I'm running at 720x480.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:55 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I don't see the clock either. I just assumed it was gone forever. I'm running at 720x480.
Isn't there suppose to be ICONS there for REW, PAUSE and FF???

I'm missing those, but everyone says they should be there. I sent Cayars a jpg, but haven't heard a thing. I know my issue isn't a priority, so I'm not sweating it. He'll get to it when he does.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
There isn't a clock in that view. That's why I said I don't see no clock missing as in there is no clock to be missing. However the RW, Pause, FF icons are missing so the pic still helps.

Curious but do either of you guys have icons turned off?
Old 01-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Sage Icon

OK I took a look at the code for the bottom of the OSD panel when using the enhanced mode. In order to see the icons on the bottom right you have to have ICONS turned on in Detailed Setup.

Maybe I could "fill" this space with the time of day (probably not enough room for date) if you don't have ICONs turned on. What do you guys think? Or should I display the icons in this section regardless of the ICON setting in detailed setup?
Old 01-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
There isn't a clock in that view. That's why I said I don't see no clock missing as in there is no clock to be missing. However the RW, Pause, FF icons are missing so the pic still helps.

Curious but do either of you guys have icons turned off?

No, if you are refering to the icons setting in "ICON BAR OPTIONS" ...NO. I have them ENABLED, but the active transparancy set to 10%.

If this is not what your refering to, let me know I will check as I'm doing nothing now but watching tv and surfing the web.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's
Old 01-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Sage Expert

On another note:

Under DETAILED SETUP>INTERFACE>WATCHED BAR OPTIONS>COLOR BAR BACKGROUND COLOR

What the heck is 0xCCC00, it appears to be a Hex number. Is there a chart that can allow me to change this to a specific color without guessing? I know how to ADD/SUBTRACT, READ and work with Hex numbers, I just don't know what hex number is RED, BLUE or even WHITE...is this listed anywhere's?
Thanks

Old 01-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Sage Expert

Back to the ICONS....

You know, if you could put the TIME inplace of the icons that would be great as well.

Maybe you could have the ICONS pop up above the current time marker (above it would be fine) when you press the INFO button or FF button etc...

I do miss the time, in fact I press INFO just to see what the current time/date is and it's never there! I like the enhanced OSD better than the original, and I don't need the volume display as I use my TV volume and dispaly for that.

Just an idea.

Old 01-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
No, if you are refering to the icons setting in "ICON BAR OPTIONS" ...NO. I have them ENABLED, but the active transparancy set to 10%.

If this is not what your refering to, let me know I will check as I'm doing nothing now but watching tv and surfing the web.
No, we're talking about detailed setup->general->show mouse icons
Old 01-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
No, we're talking about detailed setup->general->show mouse icons

That "fixed" it, but I have to say thats a pretty odd way to link those, I don't like the mouse icons. Also the REW and FF icons seem to have no function. They don't toggle or blink or anything unlike the play/pause...right?

Thanks!

Old 01-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
On another note:

Under DETAILED SETUP>INTERFACE>WATCHED BAR OPTIONS>COLOR BAR BACKGROUND COLOR

What the heck is 0xCCC00, it appears to be a Hex number. Is there a chart that can allow me to change this to a specific color without guessing? I know how to ADD/SUBTRACT, READ and work with Hex numbers, I just don't know what hex number is RED, BLUE or even WHITE...is this listed anywhere's?
Thanks
Yes, it's a hex color code. Any color hex code chart will do (google it). This is the color that shows up on your recording lists (shows). For example if you have watched 25% of a show then you'll notice a "colored" bar going from left to right on that particular show. The bar will use 25% of the space from left to right. It's a quick glance type thing to show how much of a show has been watched. The color of this bar is the hex code you asked about.

EDIT: If you take a look at the first message of this thread, look at the 5th picture with the caption starting "TV Recording with default background file" and look at the show listings and you should see what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Cayars; 01-29-2005 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:11 PM
Sage Icon

Yes I have mouse icons off and Yes I would love to have the current time there shown instead of nothing
Old 01-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Sage User

The problem with no captioning that I had asked about later was that sonic decoders don't support it.