SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Sage Expert

Carlo,

I am still getting problems with my CommDetect. With the settings taht I have below, I can't get the ComDetect to turn off while I'm watching TV. In general, the CD doesn't really seem to be responding to the Screensaver being on or off, or whether I'm watching TV or not. Maybe I don't understand the settings, but with the settigns I have, I'm sure its not supposed to run all the time, right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg COMDETECT.JPG (74.2 KB, 306 views)
Old 02-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Seperate issue... I can no longer get "Local Weather" to work, although "Weather Suite" works fine. It worked about a month ago, but lately I was getting very slow and often inaccurate results. I tried deleting all the mlbdude weather keys from sage.properties. It recreated them, but now "Local Weather" results in "failed to run weather receiver" and points to the GetWeatherJava.exe file. It is executing this file (I see it in Task Manager), but not getting any results. "Weather Suite" continues to work perfectly. I think the only reason "Local Weather" worked before was because it pointed to an older EXE in the mlbdude directory. Any suggestions for fixing this without using the mlbdude version?
Old 02-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Sage Expert

CommDetect is telling me that it has expired and to check the forums for a new version. I'm running v18D and cannot find anything newer. Nothing that has recorded since Saturday night has been comskipped. I've tried restarting the PC, running it on a client and the server. It does appear to be deleting orphan files, but does not process new recordings.

Edit: I'm using UNC paths BTW
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP

Last edited by White94Cobra; 02-01-2005 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra
CommDetect is telling me that it has expired and to check the forums for a new version. I'm running v18D and cannot find anything newer. Nothing that has recorded since Saturday night has been comskipped. I've tried restarting the PC, running it on a client and the server. It does appear to be deleting orphan files, but does not process new recordings.
I've not gotten around to installing 18D yet, still running 18C. 18C external comdetect while also says expired if you check the activity window but it is continuing to work just fine. Verified last night's recordings comdected okie-dokie.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I am running version 17 with the external ComDetect. Working fine although I also get the expired error message.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

External Video Player Bug Report

Carlo,

I recently dropped in 18D, and today I attempted to watch one of my "external", non-native imported recordings. Your STV handled this wonderfully in the past by automatically launching an external viewer, and returning me to Sage when viewing was complete.

Sadly, with 18D, this feature seems to be broken. Clicking on the "Watch Now" button of an external video (In my case, NeroDigital .mp4 file), yields no action. Mouse and menus are still functional, but the button appears to do nothing. I did check to insure my external video cmd file was accurate and not overwritten.

I fully removed Sage 2.2.4, Java 1.4, and all associated items. Destroyed my Frey directory. (Backing up things, of course!)

Reinstalled Sage 2.2.4, Java 1.5, and 18D (just in case I had some corruption)... the problem remained. (New java as a possible stutter fix)

Removed Sage once more (Leaving J1.5), and reinstalled 2.2.4 with 18A - problem FIXED.

I looked through the threads to see if this was previously reported, but I didn't see it. I'm not sure which 18-class build this functionality may have been impared in, but 18A is the only one I had available to revert back to.

-Greg

Last edited by greggerm; 02-01-2005 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Sage User

A problem has come up. I have used 18D since its release. (with 2.2.4) and tonight I have two odd occurances: With evry channel change or change to watch recording or close file, or whateever, cpu usage goes to 100 % for a minute or so with total lock up. Secondly, If I pause the playback for a couple of minutes thenhit play again, the video picks up where it was paused, but the sound seems not to have paused at all and is playing where it would have been had no pause occurred. If I use skip ahead or skip back it re-syncs the sound and video.
Any Idea what I broke?

Audio Renderer SB Live
MPEG2 Audio Decoder Filter Sonic Cinema
Audio Playback Delay 0

Video Render VMR9
MPEG2 Video Decoder Filter Sonic Cinema
DXVA MPEG Mode Default
DXVA Deinterlacing Default
DScaler Disabled
Old 02-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Question PVR500MCE & Comskip/ComDetect accuracy

Anyone know how well, or how much less accurate, comdetect is run on PVR500MCE recordings versus PVR250 recordings? Currently running 4xPVR250 in Server plus 1 250 in HTPC and considering replacing one or two PVR250 with 500MCE in the Server. Not that it'll be the determining upgrade-tuner expansion factor, but nice to know in advance.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Sage Icon

@ greggerm
Quote:
Sadly, with 18D, this feature seems to be broken. Clicking on the "Watch Now" button of an external video (In my case, NeroDigital .mp4 file), yields no action. Mouse and menus are still functional, but the button appears to do nothing. I did check to insure my external video cmd file was accurate and not overwritten.
I am using 18D and my ND mp4 files work fine with the external player option.

Also, can you watch LiveTV from the LiveTV guide while External Video Player is enabled? When I hit the Watch Now button it does nothing!

Last edited by dvd_maniac; 02-01-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I am using 18D and my ND mp4 files work fine with the external player option.

Also, can you watch LiveTV from the LiveTV guide while External Video Player is enabled? When I hit the Watch Now button it does nothing!
Interesting - I'll have to give 18D another shot (overlaying it on top of 18A) tonight, after my girlfriends shows tape. Something may have been amiss.

No - I cannot use the LiveTV Guide to select and watch a program with the "Watch Now" button. It exhibits the same behavior I noticed with the external files... clicky clicky, no go. You say this happens to you in 18D? It is happening to me in 18A.

I'll report later (if I remember to do it) when I overlay 18D on top regarding both issues.

Thanks for the input, DVD Maniac...
-Greg
Old 02-02-2005, 12:38 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmint
Anyone know how well, or how much less accurate, comdetect is run on PVR500MCE recordings versus PVR250 recordings? Currently running 4xPVR250 in Server plus 1 250 in HTPC and considering replacing one or two PVR250 with 500MCE in the Server. Not that it'll be the determining upgrade-tuner expansion factor, but nice to know in advance.
I moved from 3 PVR250's to 2 PVR500MCE's. I'd say the PVR250's were accurate about 95% of the time, and the 500's are accurate about 90% of the time.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 02-02-2005, 02:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I moved from 3 PVR250's to 2 PVR500MCE's. I'd say the PVR250's were accurate about 95% of the time, and the 500's are accurate about 90% of the time.
Thanks for the input. Got tired of waiting for the low price places to get them back in stock. Just clicked an order with PCAlchemy so in 3 or 4 days one of the 4 PVR250 will be coming out of my Server for a 500MCE and I'll find out for myself!
Old 02-02-2005, 03:50 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggerm
No - I cannot use the LiveTV Guide to select and watch a program with the "Watch Now" button. It exhibits the same behavior I noticed with the external files... clicky clicky, no go. You say this happens to you in 18D? It is happening to me in 18A.
This happens to me in 17, so it must not be an 18-specific bug.

I'm a total newbie, incidentally (just got Sage this week), so pardon me while I acclimate. 8)
Old 02-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
geez. If I dont check this forum several times a day I feel lost every time I come to this thread. you are awesome man! keep it up!
Old 02-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Sage Icon

I've been working on a few things the last couple of days including the moving of some drives around in my main machine where 2 drives in a RAID array went bad withint 30 hour of each other!

Talk about bad luck.

Later tonight, tomorrow I'll respond back to many of the messages left in the last day or so. I've been reading them just not responding.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Sage Icon

Hey Cayars,

any update on the livetv "Watch Now" issue?
Old 02-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
I've been working on a few things the last couple of days including the moving of some drives around in my main machine where 2 drives in a RAID array went bad withint 30 hour of each other!

Talk about bad luck.
OUCH! I've been contemplating expanding my existing main video RAID5 from current 8x250GB HD 1.5TB array with online spare to 1.75TB no online spare. Now I remember why I built it that way! Leaving it as is that's for sure.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Sage User

Do you really need a spare with RAID 5? Only problem I could see would be two drives going out at once.

I currently have a 4x300GB RAID 5 array in my Linux server holding all the recordings.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazi
Do you really need a spare with RAID 5? Only problem I could see would be two drives going out at once.
Which is exactly what happened to Carlo. 2nd drive failed in under 30hrs before he'd replaced 1st failed HD and rebuilt array. With online spare rebuild automatically begins minutes after drive fails.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

I was noticing that a lot of my shows were not being com detected so I killed CD and tried to restart it, but I got an error that it expired.

Are these problems related?