SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-05-2004, 11:15 PM
SageTVaholic

I have comskip working fine and the weather suite works fine
and mlbdude's java weather works fine

so yes I am trying to just get the orphaned files created by comskip to be deleted

and I get an error and it is looking for C:\....\SageTV
and mine is G:\.....\SageTV

I do not know how to change this
Old 11-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

I took a look thru things... Assuming you have already done this part:

Quote:
Open the orphan.bat file in your SageTV directory. You need to adjust each section to match your directory structure. You should have one section for each Video directory defined in Detail Setup->General.
Then check about 3/4 of the way down in the menu.xml file for the <actionMenuItem
title="Delete Orphan Files"> section. You probabily need to change the line in that section to point to your SageTV drive and directory.

Hope that works for you 'cause I'm just quessing at how he's got things rigged for comskip to work.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:10 AM
SageTVaholic

ok, thanks
I was trying to edit the files themself

I should have known
it was the menu
and especially after doing this before
then overwriting my old menu

Thank You
Old 11-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Sage Fanatic

Glad it worked out
Old 11-06-2004, 06:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellweber
Carlo,

Is there any possibility of adding a scale or size option for the Enhanced Disk Status. On my SDTV it is a little hard to read. Everything else (that I use) is looking GREAT!

Thanks,

Lynn

Check the time and content of MLS's post and mine!!!
I added this to my ToDo list. It won't be in the upcoming patch (this morning) but I'll work on this for the next version.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
Good timing eh?

Anyway, another thing... the blue transparency of the Options pop-up (right click when viewing LiveTV) does not cover the bottom area and leaves that section of the white outside border. Could be something to do with scaling and my resolution, not sure.
yep, aware of this. It also happens in the OSD itself everywhere if you are using 1024x758 or higher. It a graphic file problem. I need to load up a good quality graphic program and make the "transparent overlay" graphic file bigger.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls
In Rel D, unable to play a recorded shows that are in a folder, or group of series from the video library without selecting Info and then Watch. Works ok for other individual files, just not for those in a grouped folder.
Discovered this too. On the ToDo list for next version.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:06 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Cayars,

In regard to the Season Premiere thing......

In the info that shows up in the long text inside Deltailed Info, the words Season Premiere are always present in the description. I just don't think anyone ever set up a "menu'd" search for that string of characters.

I looked all over around the end of September and every single show used that exact phrase, "Season Premiere"

Best regards,

Stacy
OK, I'll see what I can do with that info.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:18 AM
Sage Icon

I haven't updated the first message yet but I've released a patch upgrade. It has the proper directory structure in it. Just upzip to your SageTV directory. You can find it at http://www.tcw.net/sagetv/CayarsV21DR2.zip
Old 11-06-2004, 06:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
yep, aware of this. It also happens in the OSD itself everywhere if you are using 1024x758 or higher. It a graphic file problem. I need to load up a good quality graphic program and make the "transparent overlay" graphic file bigger.
Hey Carlo,
I made a couple more this time using index transparency instead of alpha. I had more options to try using Fireworks this time instead of photoshop. Let me know how it works.
Attached Images
File Type: png matte50%1600.png (1.1 KB, 320 views)
File Type: png matte50%1600b.png (1.5 KB, 313 views)
Old 11-06-2004, 09:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Cayars -

Did you miss these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
bug:

-if i change a channel by inputting a channel number, the number doesn't show up anywhere. If I type numbers, the top info box shows up but I don't see numbers. maybe i'm just missing something (its a little cut off on my tiny television screen
This happens in your enhanced OSD... you can't see any feedback for the channel numbers that were entered. Would be nice if you could work Channel logos into you OSD also (if you can).

Another bug, left mouse click still doesn't bring up the Info when watching LiveTV or a Recording.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Sage User

Yeh, I hate to see all those number buttons going to waste.

The detailed setup is sure burried deep in the menu system. You have to go to utilities/setup, then setup menu, and then finally detailed setup.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Sage Icon

You can move it yourself. This is only "my" default menu.xlm file. You can change yours so that your menus work any way you want. That's one of the cool things about using the menu.xml file.

Honestly, once you have the STV setup, how often do you need to use Detailed Setup?
Old 11-06-2004, 04:25 PM
Sage User

Size of OSD

How do I adjust the overall size of the OSD? It runs off the top and side edges. If I adjust the screen size, the OSD looks good but the screen becomes too small.

Thanks

Rob
Old 11-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Sage User

Is it possible to change the Video Library (Current Recordings) to the nielm style, two panels left with file folders, right with files and the watched bars? I thought I saw a thread on this, but I lost it.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

DVDRip.bat question...

Carlo,

I like the DVD ripping function! Out of curiousity, though, is there any way you know of to minimize or keep from view DVDDecrypter? The single click ripping is nice, but it'd be great if I didn't see the interface for another program... I realize DVD Decrypter is a third party program, but I thought I'd ask...

Thanks again for the great work, either way!

dan.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Sage Icon

Your welcome. Yea I "think" I can do that.

BTW, I'm out of commission for a little bit. I just installed the release version of 2.10 over my beta version in case there was any differences and my config got clobbered. Something in the install overwrote directshow filters or something and no amount of coping the Frey directory back in place has helped. I've even removed everything and installed 2.0 back on the machine and still have an issue with Live TV not working.

Once I get this back working I'll continue on the STV and stuff. In the mean time keep the requests/bug reports coming.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yours is definately the new ultimate STV. I have 1 question and 1 request. My question is, is there any way to make the font for the disk space menu where the logo goes any bigger? I have a 27 inch tv and really cannot read it. My request is, can you include the hourly recording rate on the recording quality menu? I was setting a manual recording and I noticed that it no longer shows that, and I can't remember what all of them are. Thanks for all of the hard work!
Old 11-07-2004, 07:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Now if this could only be integrated with SageMC when that's done
(Or do I have to say, if SageMC could be integrated into this? )

Keep up the good work!
Old 11-07-2004, 07:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methius
Now if this could only be integrated with SageMC when that's done
(Or do I have to say, if SageMC could be integrated into this? )

Keep up the good work!
Yea, at this point it would be easier to integrate MCE style into this STV. I myself am not a fan of that style. While I do think it looks good at first I quickly find that it doesn't lend itself to long ongoing use. My bigest complaint is that the side by side panels use up too much screen space.

After I get every Bell and whistle in this STV I'll probably get bored and come up with a different style anyway.