SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 02-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

Just installed 18D and now my External Video Player does not work. Is anybody else having this problem? I click on Watch Now and nothing happens, as if the button is disabled. Checked the cmd file and detailed settings, they are fine. I even tried a fresh install.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinyth
Noooooooooo... The power went out in my house this morning and my STV box rebooted. Unfortunately, the external comskip version that I'm running has expired. Any chance on another version being released again soon?
Don't worry about the expiration, the program will still work. Someone else, pointed out, and I have also noticed that the CD program does tend to get stuck from time to time so you have to kill the processes and launch the batch file again.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:09 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Just installed 18D and now my External Video Player does not work. Is anybody else having this problem? I click on Watch Now and nothing happens, as if the button is disabled. Checked the cmd file and detailed settings, they are fine. I even tried a fresh install.
I am also having this problem, now that you mention it
Old 02-15-2005, 01:36 AM
Administrator

Just to let everyone know: We all know this thread is getting a bit large and can be hard to follow, so I've been moving some posts out of this thread when they are general SageTV usage related rather than specific to this STV. I've also moved a few out that fit one of the other Cayars subject-specific threads. See the List of available customizations for some other Cayars STV related threads. While Cayars hasn't started those discussions, they seem to have taken on certain subjects.

If you are going to post to this thread, please make sure the subject is really an issue for this STV. Also, consider posting to one of the other Cayars-related threads or even starting a new "Cayars: <some subject>" thread, where that specific issue can be followed more easily by others. Finally, don't forget there is a "Search this Thread" option near the top of the page.

Keeping this thread on-topic will help the many other forum members who use this STV. Thanks. (That also means that this post doesn't need to be discussed for the next several pages here... I've noticed that it is a lot faster to delete off-topic posts than to split them from this huge thread... )

- Andy
Old 02-15-2005, 07:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Me too! I have been trying all sorts of things and can't seem to get it to work. I thought it was just me.... I use TheaterTek

PVR - SageTV V2.2 Maint Release 2 Tuners

Asus P4P800 Dlx, P4 3.0GHZ HT, !GB RAM, 160GB HD, GeForce 5600XT, Plextor PX-TV402U and Hauppage PVR-150, Streamzap Remote, Sony 34" HDTV.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:20 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to Truxton Send a message via AIM to Truxton Send a message via MSN to Truxton Send a message via Yahoo to Truxton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
Man, there are a lot of messages for me to get cought up on!
Yep, I suspect I am not the only person who made a donation to your worthy cause that has not gotten a response from you. Sure would like to look at version 18.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Sage User

Me too! But all in good time. Im sure he will get round to us as and when he has a moment to spare. I dread to think how many messages he must have had.

Chris
Old 02-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah, I'm getting anxious. Hopefully I'll get a look at 18 shortly...
Old 02-15-2005, 06:51 PM
SageTVaholic

You can count me in on this group too. I'm sure he'll get to us soon.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:20 PM
Sage Icon

Tried to PM u, but...

Hey Carlo,

Made a donation and tried to PM u. Your box is too full! If you could kindly add me to the VIP list!!

Thanks!

I.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Post Documentation update

For those of you interested, I just released v1.1 of the documentation with a couple "requested" items added. I also to the liberty to add a FAQ about setting up commercial skipping on a client, since I've seen that on here a bunch.

-AJ

Cayars Documentation
Old 02-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Sage User

local weather

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this problem. I'm using the cayers stv (and think it's great); however, I can't seem to get the local weather feature to work. I get an error about the getweatherjave.exe not working. I've followed all the instructions for making the weather feature work from a previous thread, but it still doesn't work. I went to weatherroom.com and i think they no longer support the xml part that makes the local weather work. is this right? Sorry I'm kind new to all of this. I've looked around and can't seem to find a solution for this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

sean
Old 02-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean977
I'm hoping someone can help me out with this problem. I'm using the cayers stv (and think it's great); however, I can't seem to get the local weather feature to work. I get an error about the getweatherjave.exe not working. I've followed all the instructions for making the weather feature work from a previous thread, but it still doesn't work. I went to weatherroom.com and i think they no longer support the xml part that makes the local weather work. is this right? Sorry I'm kind new to all of this. I've looked around and can't seem to find a solution for this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

sean
I'm not familiar with getweatherjave.exe, however in my case I have a getweather.exe from when I originally used mldude's stv - this is located in C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\MlbDude and works fine for me....

Ok, I looked deeper and see the getweatherjava.exe in the C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\Weather folder. I looked in my sage properties file and I am using the original getweather.exe so you might want to see if you have that one and change the properties file to use it...
Old 02-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Sage Icon

Trouble with "Search by Person"

There may be a bug in "Search by Person", Cayars 17.

Select the following options
Schedules
Search for Programs to Record
Search by Person

I enter: Buster Keaton
There are no current Buster Keaton movie in the near-term. The program seems to 'hang' for a long time. I think if I let it go for a very long period, it might time out (if I wait for many minutes). I normally kill the Sage program, service, and restart it.

I enter : Clint Eastwood
The program finds many entries and reacts normally.

I did not have the "hanging" problem with version 16.

Does anyone else have the same result when trying to do a "Search by Person" ?

Dave
Old 02-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan

Schedules
Search by Person

There are no current Buster Keaton movie in the near-term. The program seems to 'hang' for a long time. I think if I let it go for a very long period, it might time out (if I wait for many minutes). I normally kill the Sage program, service, and restart it.

Dave
I have no problem with 18DR2, so if it was a bug it appears to be fixed in the upcoming v18 release.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Cayars, this is a request...

Is there a way you could set it up in a future version of your STV for the prefix word "The" to be stripped/ignored from the front of recordings names. Then when Sage organizes by "Title A-Z" and I look for "The Bachelorette" I can just scan to the "Bs" instead of the "Ts" because my mind is thinking that way. There are lots of show that start with "The" and I wish I could have Sage ignore that one word and then organize.

Maybe it could be an option like your "strip Hauppauge from tuner labels" option???

Thanks!
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 02-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Sage Icon

It would be nice if Sage always treated these by adding ", The" to the end of the file instead.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

that's a thought Wheemer...

another idea I had earlier, which may be really far fetched, is a "skip-o-meter"... since sagetv "skips" instead of true ff. this meter could tell the user how much time they have saved themselves by using sagetv to skip thru commercials.

I was bored and started thinking about how much time sagetv has saved me, think about it... if there are an average, say 15 minutes, of commercials per hour, then you could figure gaining back about 25 hours/every 100 hours of your time back!!!

another one is a total hours recorded ever meter...

these are clearly two useless pieces of info, but it does make you go hmmm

thoughts anyone?
Old 02-20-2005, 11:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Documentation v1.2 now available here .

On a side note - I too like the idea of having ", The" for all programs that start with the, just makes more sense that way.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan

Schedules
Search by Person

Dave
this goes for anyone having issues when searching for things whether or not you are searching for shows by person, keyword, etc.... if sagetv "seems" to hang up on you, simply press the escape key (Esc) or Ctrl-O (as in the letter "O") then you will be back in business.....

I figured this out a while trying to find things that were not available, this would pop up an error message that in version 17 (maybe earlier versions too) you could not see because it wasn't on top as it should be

hope that helps!