SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Sage Expert

Any idea when release 18 will be out of testing?
Old 03-14-2005, 11:47 AM
Sage User

cayars, nice work on the best STV i've used to date. also thanks to jere for the work on comskip. although i generally use tmpgenc for all my miniDV work i was just happy to get some sort of mpg editor project files out of comskip. anyway, the work on distributed computing for your STV is exciting. i've got a media server with a 1TB+ array on it and dual amd 1900MPs inside (it also doubles as my video editing workstation) so being able to do comskip and other processing on there will be fantastic.

keep up the good work.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just rebuilt my machine ground up using all the same hardware and software.... My problem was something I thought was a system error but still seems to linger even after the rebuild....

When watching live tv, after a few minutes, sage pops up a message "what would you like to do with the recording of..." (using cayars17) ..... and when using the original stv (same senario) sagetv just quits to the recordings menu....

I own all of my codecs and have uninstalled and reinstalled them all (I have the latest of all drivers as well) and I still get those actions from sage, I even have gotten the "-10 error: no encoders can play the selection of" error alot.... SOMETIMES if I'm lucky and quit sage a couple of times things seem to work okay

Why is all this happening?
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 03-15-2005, 10:55 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by reboot_this
I just rebuilt my machine ground up using all the same hardware and software.... My problem was something I thought was a system error but still seems to linger even after the rebuild....

When watching live tv, after a few minutes, sage pops up a message "what would you like to do with the recording of..." (using cayars17) ..... and when using the original stv (same senario) sagetv just quits to the recordings menu....

I own all of my codecs and have uninstalled and reinstalled them all (I have the latest of all drivers as well) and I still get those actions from sage, I even have gotten the "-10 error: no encoders can play the selection of" error alot.... SOMETIMES if I'm lucky and quit sage a couple of times things seem to work okay

Why is all this happening?
Sounds like you have one or more failing pvr-250's. The '-10 error: no encoders can play the selection of..." error means either the tuner card hardware has failed in some way or if it's a network encoder then it might be a network problem. Are you running recent drivers? Do you have adequate cooling around your pvr-250's? If you are positive there is adequate cooling, the next step might be to pull all of the tuners and put them in one or two at a time to see if it's just one or two of them that are failing and causing the problem.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 03-15-2005, 11:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

I don't think it's a failed pvr250... I have adequate cooling (I think) with 7 fans working various spots on this case and am using the latest drivers from hauppauge... the "-10..." error nor the "what would you like to do..." errors come up on a regular basis... for instance right now I can go in there and watch live tv or any of my recordings without a hitch,

I have even gone as far as setting up five things to record at one time (tying up all five tuners) and then went to view how each one was doing, everything was cool...

now if I was to have to restart sagetv then all hell would break loose again with the errors until I quit/restart sagetv a few times (which is irritating, to say the least) and again everything is pretty much okay.... , until the next restart and/or reboot

I posted here just in case someone else ever had similar issues since I do use this stv as my default stv, I just hope someone reads this and might have some enlightening advice for me...
Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 03-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Sage User

Question Contacting author of Cayars STV

Hello,

Newbie here. I sent a donation to the author of Cayars STV and attempted to send a PM but he has exceeded his quota. I sent an email to the contact listed in Paypal but it bounced. Anybody know how to contact the author?

Thanks,

Ron
Old 03-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

@rwrjr
Carlo has a lot of catching up to do. He had a massive set of hardware failures recently and I'm sure it will take a while with all the donations/requests and not to mention "making his STV better"
Old 03-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by reboot_this
I posted here just in case someone else ever had similar issues since I do use this stv as my default stv, I just hope someone reads this and might have some enlightening advice for me...
I had this problem once upon a time (in a land far far away...ok, not really) - unfortunately I can't recall offhand how I fixed it. My problem was that everytime I rebooted my system, it would come up in an unknown state. Sometimes Windows itself thought the PVR's weren't installed and I had to totally reboot to get it to "find" them. This problem has since gone away, I'm running one of the later betas, so I'm not sure if that helped or not. If I remember rightly I also updated the PVR drivers (which probably are not the newest ones at this point). Not sure that this helps, but at least you know it's not just you.

-Adam
Old 03-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
***This is an early release test version of the Commercial Detection Manager. The final release version will run as a service on your machine and will be able to read your library files directly from the sage property files. These two features were left out for testing purposes.
Please make this configurable (not the service mode, the library thing). I'd like to be able to set up an alias on the machine that runs comskip to point to alternate drives from the default used in sage's setup. Say make it so you can alias a library drive of E to \\server\pvr_e or some such.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Problem playing Ripped DVDs

For some reason when I use 18E, I can no longer play ripped DVDs from the Import Library. I click on Watch Now and nothing happens. If I switch back to OriginalV2 it works fine.

I tried a fresh install and it is doing this. I left all of the DVD settings as the default. Any one have any ideas?
Old 03-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Sage User

Joined vip list - cannot PM cayars

Just paid $25 paypal, but cayars pm storage box is full.

How do I get test18?
Old 03-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Sage User

I must be dense or something.

I downloaded the jar files and put them correctly
Downloaded CoreR2.zip and put them in the sagetv app directory, overwriting a few folders

Downloaded cayars17.zip and extracted into the sagetv app directory overwriting a few folders.

1) Cannot find DVDRip.bat as instructed.
2) Modifed the weather zip/town
3) Ran sagetv. Got the Standard 2.2 Menus! Nothing added.

What did I miss?
Old 03-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu
I must be dense or something.

I downloaded the jar files and put them correctly
Downloaded CoreR2.zip and put them in the sagetv app directory, overwriting a few folders

Downloaded cayars17.zip and extracted into the sagetv app directory overwriting a few folders.

1) Cannot find DVDRip.bat as instructed.
2) Modifed the weather zip/town
3) Ran sagetv. Got the Standard 2.2 Menus! Nothing added.

What did I miss?
Did you tell sage that you want to use Cayars STV? This is done by editting either the sagetv.properties file or from inside sage itself. Please see page 6 of the documentation for further directions. If you all ready did this please reply with a few more details...
Old 03-19-2005, 12:07 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
Did you tell sage that you want to use Cayars STV? This is done by editting either the sagetv.properties file or from inside sage itself. Please see page 6 of the documentation for further directions. If you all ready did this please reply with a few more details...
Doh!

That was it.

But I still do not see a dvdrip.bat to modify.

Anyone know where it is?
Old 03-19-2005, 12:35 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason531
The source for the "Local Weather" module is weatherroom.com. According to
this link, their XML weather feeds are currently offline.

The "Local Weather" module uses a URL like http://www.weatherroom.com/xml/ext/<zip>, e.g. http://www.weatherroom.com/xml/ext/38138, to get the data. If this link doesn't work in your browser, then "Local Weather" will not work either.

Perhaps weatherroom.com or someone else will provide a reliable XML weather feed at some point, but until then I am just using Weather Suite.
2 problems.....

weatherroom.com xml is still offline? In Feb, people were reporting this. My getweatherjava.exe is failing too, and if I manually enter thew url in a browser, it fails too, so is it still offline.

Problem 2 - My zip is 01760, I put that in the config for the weather module. The getweatherjave.exe is trying to look up 85009. I do not see 85009 ANYWHERE in the weather config xml module.

Thanks!
Old 03-19-2005, 07:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Doh!

That was it.

But I still do not see a dvdrip.bat to modify.

Anyone know where it is?
it's actually dvdrip.cmd now and is located in the ..\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\cayars\External directory.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:00 AM
Sage Icon

@lamanmi

Quote:
For some reason when I use 18E, I can no longer play ripped DVDs from the Import Library. I click on Watch Now and nothing happens. If I switch back to OriginalV2 it works fine.
There seems to be something wrong in 18 with the Watch Now.
Try disabling External Video Player for Non-Native File types only in external tab of detailed setup. and if you do not need anything from 18 that 17 does not have then I would suggest moving back to 17 since the Watch Now works fine there.

That's what I did.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Just paid $25 paypal, but cayars pm storage box is full.

How do I get test18?

Still waiting for 18E. Anyone know how to get ahold of cayars to tell him I paid for VIP?
Old 03-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Still waiting for 18E. Anyone know how to get ahold of cayars to tell him I paid for VIP?

Maybe you could try the contact link on his website?

http://www.vinceanido.com/
Old 03-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does this STV allow you to play .ISO images of DVDs directly like the Xbox media player does? I thought I read that on here somewhere but now I can't find it.