SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by night
just came to post my own prob. have to assume its related to cayars install....
but with the cayars, it just stopped tuning. i cannot change the channel/tune anymore other than the scroll wheel on the mouse, which seems to only be giving me ota channels. typing in a channel puts it in the bottom right with far more than 3 digit numbers and does nothing.

i then switched over to the regular stv and was the same. i del both sources (one was svideo) and re-set it up. it now tunes, but not without hitting 'close file' first.

???

oh ya, i also remembered that just before this started, i was having like some kind of permanent stuck recording thing going on.
i have read once of a watch now bug, but it hasnt seemed to be strictly that
I had a weird problem like that but it turned out to be bad ram. Random things were getting corrupted and then one day the system wouldn't even post. Run memtest 3.2 on it before knocking yourself out trying to find solutions.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:51 AM
Sage Expert

Using Cayars 18E, I am getting this weird bug. If I am watching a show, I go to the detailed info section while its playing and it plays on the preview screen. But if I scroll down to one of the menu options, the video pauses in the preview screen. I can hit play and it will unpause, but then it stays unpaused for screens that have no preview like IMDB. I pretty sure this wasn't always the case with CAyars STV (or even 18E) so it must be some sort of setting that i changed. Anybody else see this, know what I am talkign about? It only happens for Cayars STV, works fine in the OriginalV2.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Sage User

def not a hardware prob.
before it went apesh*t, i also had to set record on a station to watch it.
it was as if the pvr buffer was stuck as a record on whatever station it was on and wouldnt let you change.
i had noticed it showing the record icon on a station in the guide permanently in. even after closing and restarting sage.

i just reinstalled and its ok. just gonna have to leave cayars alone till i can get a hold of 18

--
ok, i guess it isnt cayars. but im even more confused now. this is a fresh install, it wont change channels. i have to hit close file, which kicks it out to the menu. then go back into t guide pick a show and use watch now.
also, not sure if this is related, but the info on my recorded stuff was completely screwed up. shows my good eats and unwrapped file names, but the show/description was some off crap ive never herd of before.

Last edited by night; 03-27-2005 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to abbott_m
got a rather strange problem. Just switched my output format to 1080i overlay (great picture and VMR9 just plain won't play back without serious pauses in the video) but at the end of the show when it asks to delete, when I click yes, it takes about 20 secs to delete and return me to the menu. I can't figure out what would be causing that.

I'm running cayars 18E, 2.2.7, celeron 2.93ghz, 512mb, nvidia DVD decoder with overlay

Mike
Old 03-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Sage Expert

What happens if you hit stop playback? I've been having a weird issue where it takes like 20 seconds to switch back to the menu after hitting stop or it gets to the end of a show. I just get a black screen for like 20 seconds. This only happens when I use overlay. I have prompt for delete disabled. Also, when I hit stop playback while using overlay it acts like it's getting extra commands. It goes back to sage recordings like it's supposed to for a second. Then it usually switches to the main menu. Some times instead of going to the main menu, it starts playing another recording. None of this happens if I use VMR9.

EDIT:
It seems to hang longer if I have NVidia Post Processing selected.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just tried stop playback on both live tv and a recording and it seems to be functioning a bit slower than normal but not the 20 seconds i see from deleting a show. I guess the quandry I'm in is that I'd love to use 1080i with VMR9 since I've used VMR9 at lower resolutions. After switching to 1080i and using overlay I'm addicted to the resolution of it but VMR9 just flat out sucks with all the skips, stutters, hickups etc with 1080i. I'm using a 6600GT so I don't think my graphics card is the problem there, video driver is the current driver downloads off NVIDIA (71.84) which I really like since it actually has a decent setup for my HDTV set.

I just tried turning off all sorts of stuff like 3D, color keying, switching to Cayars 17, turning off DVXA, switching to the Intervideo decoder, all with the same 20 sec pause when deleting a file (but only when overlay is selected)
Old 03-28-2005, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott_m
Just tried stop playback on both live tv and a recording and it seems to be functioning a bit slower than normal but not the 20 seconds i see from deleting a show. I guess the quandry I'm in is that I'd love to use 1080i with VMR9 since I've used VMR9 at lower resolutions. After switching to 1080i and using overlay I'm addicted to the resolution of it but VMR9 just flat out sucks with all the skips, stutters, hickups etc with 1080i. I'm using a 6600GT so I don't think my graphics card is the problem there, video driver is the current driver downloads off NVIDIA (71.84) which I really like since it actually has a decent setup for my HDTV set.

I just tried turning off all sorts of stuff like 3D, color keying, switching to Cayars 17, turning off DVXA, switching to the Intervideo decoder, all with the same 20 sec pause when deleting a file (but only when overlay is selected)
Actually it is your video card that is the problem . nVidia is has horrible VMR9 performance unless you run renderless full screen exclusive. It is pathetic that my old ATI 9600 can run VMR9 flawless at any resolution over component and my new 6600 chugs at it.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

that's amazingly irritating since I just upgraded the blasted card to a 6600GT after so many good reviews on it here.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:02 PM

Quote:
that's amazingly irritating since I just upgraded the blasted card to a 6600GT after so many good reviews on it here.
The card does fantastic deinterlacing though. So for TV that part looks much better and probably where the good reviews for Sage came from. Try an application like TheaterTek with it too and you will like it. It is possible for any app to be written to support the nVidia's but it is taking time to get them all converted.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:

I guess I should have mentioned that I'm also running at 1080i and using Cayers17. I'm also using a 6600GT with the 71.84 drivers.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

just installed cayers #17 am getting this error in Local Weather:

failed to run weather retriever ..
[path\] weather\GetWeatherJava.exe
it's in the correct place where the path points

when I run that file in the command prompt I get this:
An unexpected IO error occured: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://www.weathe
rroom.com/xml/ext/85009
java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://www.weatherroom.com/xml/ext/85009
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown So
urce)
at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.InputEntity.init(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
at getWeather2.parseXmlFile(getWeather2.java:282)
at getWeather2.getTheWeather(getWeather2.java:67)
at getWeather2.main(getWeather2.java:62)

The Weather Suite works, as do News and IMDB.
I edited the sage.properties as posted in post #1 in this thread.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzerbee
just installed cayers #17 am getting this error in Local Weather:

failed to run weather retriever ..
[path\] weather\GetWeatherJava.exe
it's in the correct place where the path points

when I run that file in the command prompt I get this:
An unexpected IO error occured: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://www.weatherroom.com/xml/ext/85009
The weatherroom xml feed is down. Local weather does not work.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:50 PM

DVD folder not playing

Hello,

I am using Sage 2.1 with Cayars17 STV.

I have a DVD folder with a home authored DVD. It plays fine with WinDVD and also with the OriginalV2 STV.

however, when I switch to the Cayars17 STV and refresh the media library, the dvd folder title shows up with only the Video_ts folder (which contains all the .vob and .ifo files) and shows the length as 0 minutes (although video is 30 mins). If I try to "Watch now", Sage goes to sleep and brings up Windows Media Player, which of course is not able to play a folder.

since the DVD folder works with the original STV but not with Cayars, is this a known bug? any workarounds?

great STV otherwise, have replaced my tivo with it!
Old 03-31-2005, 06:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well this is not the situation I'd like to be in with SageTV on video cards. Are there any plans to support the Nvidia VMR9 or am I stuck with starting to look into the BeyondTV and MCE for decent playback. While I love the capabilities of Sage and have found it to be a wonderful app, as I've continued to try to improve the TV playback (that's the whole reason for this anyway), lack of support for fairly high end graphics cards is starting to be somewhat annoying. Everything I've read about the 6600GT is that it's a great performer on even the most demanding apps.

Mike
Old 03-31-2005, 06:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraheja
Hello,

I am using Sage 2.1 with Cayars17 STV.

I have a DVD folder with a home authored DVD. It plays fine with WinDVD and also with the OriginalV2 STV.

however, when I switch to the Cayars17 STV and refresh the media library, the dvd folder title shows up with only the Video_ts folder (which contains all the .vob and .ifo files) and shows the length as 0 minutes (although video is 30 mins). If I try to "Watch now", Sage goes to sleep and brings up Windows Media Player, which of course is not able to play a folder.

since the DVD folder works with the original STV but not with Cayars, is this a known bug? any workarounds?

great STV otherwise, have replaced my tivo with it!
Check under Detailed Setup -> External Setup and make sure that the external players (dvd/video/music) are set how you want them to be, and also check the option for 'Use External Players for Non-Native File Types'. If that option is enabled, I would disable it, otherwise it will use your computer's default player for those files...

-Dan
Old 03-31-2005, 08:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

is SAGETV memory usage supposed to be about 160000k after installing this STV?

my CPU temps are running high, although the sage.exe is not using much CPU usage, the memory usage seems high.. the next highest is 37000k

should I disable something from running in the backgound? I'm still using the default setup for this STV. THanks

edit: I installed the 3 setup files in the first post (but not the DVD burner adn comm detection) and don't have the file DVDrip.bat anywhere.

Last edited by buzzerbee; 03-31-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

I installed this exactly as instructed. I copied the contents of the 3 zips to the appropriate directories. But there's no change to the UI at all. It's as if I never did anything.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

@scbundy- you have to enable it

Selecting CayarsXX.STV
Once you have downloaded and extracted the above files, there are two ways to start using the STV.
1) With SageTV open, go to Detailed Setup / Advanced / Application Definition (.STV File) and select the new Cayars file from the list.
2) Close SageTV and open the sage.properties file (typically located at C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV) and edit the following line to reflect the new .STV just downloaded:
wizard/widget_db_file=C\:\\Program Files\\Frey Technologies\\SageTV\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\Cayars17.stv
save the file and start SageTV.
Things You Must Manually Adjust
Open the DVDrip.bat file and edit it to use your DVD drive letter and set it to a drive/folder location specific to your system. Open the WeatherConfig.XML file in your main SageTV directory and edit the "locations" section. You should be able to change the entry for "Franklinville, NJ" to your own city. Just change the name and ZIPCODE.

look for a .pdf file called Cayars_Ultimate_STV_Guide_v1.2_s.pdf
It's in one of the threads- sorry don't have the exact one handy
Old 03-31-2005, 09:20 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks, that makes sense. I already did the Weather Config, but not the DVDRip b/c my freevo doesn't have a DVD drive yet. I did forget to enable it though. Will do that tonight.

I take it that if I don't like the plugin I can disable it Detailed Setup as well?
Old 03-31-2005, 09:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

I really don't know.. I'm only a few hours ahead of you on all this
Did you have a DVDrip.bat file somewhere? Is that in some other file I have to d/l?