SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Sage User

18D2 or 18E? Isn't XML generation broken in 18E? I remember someone here mentioning that so I stuck with D2.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Sage Icon

18E, I wasn't aware the xml was broken in that version. Could someone please let us know for sure.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
I will be releasing v18 to the public on Monday. Any donators speak now, or forever hold your peace.
Go for it.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Sage Expert

Fine by me. I dumped the Cayars STV for the 16x9 SageMC a few weeks after he disappeared.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 04-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
18E, I wasn't aware the xml was broken in that version. Could someone please let us know for sure.
It's (the xml) been working fine for me...18E as a whole has been much more stable then 18D2 was, for me anyway.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

why does my viewing history have shows I've never watched. I have never watched anything on BET, SPEED, ESPN but there are tons of shows and many more (QVC??) there. There is no one else that uses this.
Running nielm's cayars17_import STV but I don't think he changed anything in the viewing history part of it, just enabled imports.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Please see your other question about live tv recordings. If you have _ever_ flipped through channels, you watched those shows you ran across.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Please see your other question about live tv recordings. If you have _ever_ flipped through channels, you watched those shows you ran across.

- Andy
I don't know. I think my whole system is FUBAR'd. The date I saw it is 2 weeks forward! and it says I watched for 1 hour and gives me the option to record it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg history1.jpg (67.7 KB, 565 views)
File Type: jpg history2.jpg (114.7 KB, 510 views)
Old 04-22-2005, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzerbee
I think my whole system is FUBAR'd.
From the looks of those screen shots, I would say that is one possibility! ...

Quote:
The date I saw it is 2 weeks forward! and it says I watched for 1 hour and gives me the option to record it?
... another possibility is that Cayars customized the Viewing History screen to not just stop in the past! Perhaps he changed the filtering to include _all_ shows in the database? Maybe someone else knows that. Anyway: try using the Options command on the Viewing History screen and then use the Display Filter to show only those shows that have been Watched. That would give you a better idea of what has actually had parts or all of the show watched.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
From the looks of those screen shots, I would say that is one possibility! ...

... another possibility is that Cayars customized the Viewing History screen to not just stop in the past! Perhaps he changed the filtering to include _all_ shows in the database? Maybe someone else knows that. Anyway: try using the Options command on the Viewing History screen and then use the Display Filter to show only those shows that have been Watched. That would give you a better idea of what has actually had parts or all of the show watched.

- Andy
the watched filter helps, except I don't know how nicktoons got int there.
thanks
Old 04-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

Hey Crashless,

It's Monday! Going to make us wait till 11:59?
Old 04-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgorrell
I think it's interesting to read the version 1 notes on the first post. This STV was originally created to integrate the best features of other STVs, mainly Nielm and mlbDude into one STV. The add-ons since then have been great too, although less critical. I can only hope Frey has paid close attention to this STV and will integrate as many (preferably all) of it's features as possible. I would be very, very hesitant to "upgrade" to version 3 if it does not have all of the basics that Cayars added. In fact, according to a recent poll, almost 50% of Sage users are using Cayars. So, since Cayars is no longer being updated, that would be quite a loss of functionality to the core user base if v3 doesn't include these features.

Frey should clearly be able to see what their customers want. Hopefully they will supply it.

I thought this as well, but then we don't know what percentage the forum or users that use the STV are as a TOTAL percentage of all SAGE TV users. including those who never post or never have an issue.

So 50% of say 3000 members HERE, seems like a lot, but 1500 usuers from a total of say 40000 (these are number out of my head for demonstration purposes) is not as big a deal, and of no concequence to Frey.

I hope I'm wrong.

I still think (MY OPINION ) that Cayars is busy working either with Frey on V 3.0 or has started his own pay site to act as a developer to these OEM users that Frey has targeted as the users for STUDIO... . Either way, I wish he would release v18, and call it quits and leave us with closeure.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp
I still think (MY OPINION ) that Cayars is busy working either with Frey on V 3.0 or has started his own pay site to act as a developer to these OEM users that Frey has targeted as the users for STUDIO... . Either way, I wish he would release v18, and call it quits and leave us with closeure.
I'm pretty sure this isn't the case.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:00 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I'm pretty sure this isn't the case.
I hope your right, but I would have been happy for him to be on the Frey payroll making sage better or all of us!

(When 18 gonna be released? (It's high noon here! ))
Old 04-25-2005, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Something tells me that ToxMox is right... there wouldn't be such an issue with getting in touch with him otherwise, among other things.

- Andy
Old 04-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Sage Icon

www.vinceanido.com/cayars/Cayars18TestE.zip

Sorry it's a little late for you east-coasters. It's only 9:21am here in LA.

Have fun! Let me know if you have any issues with the download.

Edit: Sorry for taking so long. I've had problems accessing the board.

Edit 2:

If you are upgrading from a earlier version, or you have already installed the webserver for a different STV, DO NOT overwrite all files as this package includes files for the 1.1 version of the webserver, and it will overwrite all your settings.

For first-time users the best course of action is to unzip this package first, then install the newest webserver and THEN configure it. This allows for the smallest margin of error.

Last edited by Crashless; 07-12-2005 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Quote:
Something tells me that ToxMox is right... there wouldn't be such an issue with getting in touch with him otherwise, among other things.
thats still my hope, still I wish we knew something for sure. *sigh*
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 04-25-2005, 01:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

Sorry it's a little late for you east-coasters. It's only 9:21am here in LA.

Have fun! Let me know if you have any issues with the download.

Edit: Sorry for taking so long. I've had problems accessing the board.
Hey - Better late then never, which without you is what most of us may have been looking at!
Old 04-25-2005, 03:43 PM
Sage Expert

I hereby nominate Crashless for member of the month!!! Thanks a lot!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

My Theory
Cayars wife got tired of him spending more time with us then with her and so after he recovered from the lightning strike and started spending time on here again, after his wife had become somewhat accustomed to having more of his time, she got so upset she threw all his gear out the window and banned computers from the house forever.

Yeah, ok, so it's farfetched