SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-29-2005, 08:45 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to abbott_m
One thing I did not know with java 5 was that by default it's got an auto upgrade "feature" which doesn't copy the java classes over to the new install. This caused me some serious confusion 'cause one day everything worked, then stopped the next. Copied all the Java class files over and everything was fine.

I don't think this is your problem but some other people might run into it.

The only suggestion I can think of for it not loading the classes is file or file system permissions (just guessing though).

Last edited by abbott_m; 04-29-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott_m
One thing I did not with java 5 was that by default it's got an auto upgrade "feature" which doesn't copy the java classes over to the new install. This caused me some serious confusion cause one day everything worked, then stopped the next. Copied all the Java class files over and everything was fine.

I don't think this is your problem but some other people might run into it.

The only suggestion I can think of for it not loading the classes is file or file system permissions (just guessing though)
as I said, this was a new problem that only started yesterday. an exit and restart will make it work usually. ie, right now, it's working ok, and the weather report suite is also ok too right now.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
I used Cayars commercial detection program for a long time. It had a few problems, but eventually I figured them out (the one mentioned above is due to the fact that you probably used SageTV, this seems to hang the detector, simply run CDResume a couple times and it'll resume the process and all will be well again, other then it won't pause in the future when you use Sage). Now, however, I found that using Jere_Jones DirMon is a much better solution. Just turn of the internal processing in Cayars and let DirMon do the rest.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try CDResume and kept stopping and eventually locked up my box.

So I'm now running DirMon and all seems happy. Just have a couple of days worth of shows that need to be processed now.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:38 AM
Sage User

for DVD profiler

actually I want the picture folder fo my VCDs and DVDs just like the song cds

bt unable to get that..in sage manual the written somthing like..
<sagetv folder>
<genre>
<moviename>
<folder.jpg>
</folder.jpg>
</moviename>
</genre>
</sagetvfolder>

i m not getting that all

>>
will u plz give me the steps so that \i cud b able to get the picture that on the cd cover..
thankx nd waiting for the response
\
Old 04-30-2005, 06:47 AM
Sage Icon

Can somebody tell me how to filter out all the non premium channels when viewing the upcoming movies screen?
Old 04-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Upgrade?

Ok so I downloaded 18E. Is there any specific way of upgrading Cayars? Do I need to do anything with the older version of comskip (version that was in v.17)? Thx.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinyth
Thanks for the suggestion. I did try CDResume and kept stopping and eventually locked up my box.

So I'm now running DirMon and all seems happy. Just have a couple of days worth of shows that need to be processed now.
I tried out DirMon too, but the first thing I noticed is that it will try to detect commercials on movies I record off premium channels. I record quite a few, so this is taking up a lot of processing time. In Sage, I was able to filter by channel, which worked great. In DirMon, I have to type in each movie title I want ignored (which is a pain).

I'm hoping something better comes along that is still controlled by Sage.

Actually, does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the CDM in 18E and have it revert back to the v17 processing method? I guess it would take someone with Studio to fix it.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

Internal comskip is still in 18 just look in the detailed setup where you can disable external CDM and enable internal. One caveat is that the internal processing in 18 is buggy because Cayars changed some stuff in it.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Internal comskip is still in 18 just look in the detailed setup where you can disable external CDM and enable internal. One caveat is that the internal processing in 18 is buggy because Cayars changed some stuff in it.
I found the external in 18 to be buggy too...never did get it to work right. With Cayars out of the picture, I don't anticipate any help in that regard. So, back to 17 for me. Doesn't work great, but usually is good enough.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgorrell
I tried out DirMon too, but the first thing I noticed is that it will try to detect commercials on movies I record off premium channels. I record quite a few, so this is taking up a lot of processing time. In Sage, I was able to filter by channel, which worked great. In DirMon, I have to type in each movie title I want ignored (which is a pain).

I'm hoping something better comes along that is still controlled by Sage.

Actually, does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the CDM in 18E and have it revert back to the v17 processing method? I guess it would take someone with Studio to fix it.
I believe there's actually a way to have DirMon skip processing shows from certain channels...this may be addressed in the DirMon thread...or perhaps Jere will wander along this way.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

DirMon is designed to be very generic. I don't expect to add the ability to communicate with Sage to it.

However, ShowAnalyzer will (eventually) be able to communicate with sage to get, say, the channel name and choose settings based on the channel, encoder, category, etc. One setting could be "don't detect commercials".

But that's a little way off. First is stabilizing my decoder.

Jere
Old 05-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Sage User

What happened to Carlos/Cayars?

I hope Frey has contracted with him for development on version 3! That would explain the quietness versus his previously active STV development. It would also explain why we haven't heard from him...

Come on, 3.0!

Case Lian Li PC-A71F, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P, CPU Intel Core i7-860, RAM 8 GB, Encoders 2 Hauppauge HVR-2250's, VideoCard PowerCooler AX4350, OS Windows 7 Pro, SageTV 6.6.2, SageTV Media Extender, SageTV Client, SageTV PlaceShifter, Sage Webserver.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon
What happened to Carlos/Cayars?

I hope Frey has contracted with him for development on version 3! That would explain the quietness versus his previously active STV development. It would also explain why we haven't heard from him...

Come on, 3.0!
As I've said before I'm pretty sure (about 99%) this isn't the case. No one knows what happened to Carlo. He hasn't logged into his forum account for 2 months now. I've attempted to contact him numerous times since he still has my PVR-350 and haven't heard squat. I'm rather disappointed in him unless something terrible has happened.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Sage Icon

yea..getting a job is quite a lame excuse for not being able to log onto the internet and say, "hey, im too busy right now, your on your own".

lets see. that took me 8 seconds...

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

It's not like he was being paid or anything, no i don't cound 20 bucks via paypal once in a while. It is possible that he just lost interest in it.

I'm rather disapointed that Frey doesn't see how many people use the Cayars STV and get someone else to take it over.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:38 AM
Sage User

actually I want the picture folder fo my VCDs and DVDs just like the song cds in sage TV.

bt unable to get that..in sage manual the written somthing like..
<sagetv folder>
<genre>
<moviename>
<folder.jpg>
</folder.jpg>
</moviename>
</genre>
</sagetvfolder>

i m not getting that all

>>
will u plz give me the steps so that \i cud b able to get the picture that on the cd cover..
thankx nd waiting for the response
\
Old 05-06-2005, 06:46 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajuhawk
My Theory
Cayars wife got tired of him spending more time with us then with her and so after he recovered from the lightning strike and started spending time on here again, after his wife had become somewhat accustomed to having more of his time, she got so upset she threw all his gear out the window and banned computers from the house forever.

Yeah, ok, so it's farfetched
actually, in my experience that doesn't seem farfetched at all
Old 05-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Sage Icon

The most irritating this for me in this situation is that Carlo and I used to chat via MSN messenger and his account comes online often and I send repeated messages which he (or someone using his account) completely ignores. Just now for example I saw him on and this is my transcript:

[10:44] ToxMox: Hey Man!
[10:47] *** "Cayars" signed off at Fri May 06 10:47:09 2005.

I wish he would either just send me back my 350 or give me money for it. Every month that he has the card it goes down in value.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:01 AM
Sage Icon

I think you will be setting yourself up for massive dissapointment in expecting the 350 back... You should consider it a write off. At least accepting that now will lead to less stress. Then if you do even manage to get it back it will be a good surprise.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Sage Icon

Wow..thats weak....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
The most irritating this for me in this situation is that Carlo and I used to chat via MSN messenger and his account comes online often and I send repeated messages which he (or someone using his account) completely ignores. Just now for example I saw him on and this is my transcript:

[10:44] ToxMox: Hey Man!
[10:47] *** "Cayars" signed off at Fri May 06 10:47:09 2005.

I wish he would either just send me back my 350 or give me money for it. Every month that he has the card it goes down in value.

My sage rigs:
Server - Windows 2003, Intel 865 PERLL w/ P4 3.2g 1gb ram, 3-PVR250, 3-PVRUSB's, 1 Skystar2, 1 twinhan 102g, 1 starbox DVB-S Cards. Evo network QAM encoder. 1.2TB storage 6.x server + MTSAGE for DVB
Client 1/Master BR - MediaMVP running a 30" Olevia LCD TV.
Client 2/Front Room - Shuttle ST61G4 XPC 1gig ram, 60gb HD, BTC9019 wireless keyboard/mouse & Harmony 880. 6.x client. GF6600GT driving a Sony WEGA 55" rear projection tv.